Black People : Asian love

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by jamesfrmphilly, Jun 5, 2006.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    i do not believe it is a good idea to love somebody if they do not love U back.
    i find that blacks in general and Kemetics in particular have this great love for asian culture. we promote it endlessly.

asians do not promote us.

2. Sefirot

Sefirot Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +14
    Except the younger Hip-Hip culture in Japan. They love Blacks. At least the ladies do.
    I think that the reason we are always so preoccupied with other nation's cultures is because we lack one ourselves. A nation, that is.
    Also, there are many facets of Asian culture that are just meaningful. They make sense. "African American culture" (a misnomer, in itself), outside of HIP-HOP, does not, imo.

*edit* But I certainly agree that we Blacks have plenty more to offer ourselves (and everyone else apparently) than many of us here realize.
    And of course that's by design: "Hate ourselves. Our history began with slavery. Africans swing from trees (who came up with African booty scratcher?).
    We should want to be like everyone else but us." This is the foundation of AA culture. So I think that many other cultures see the result without fully acknowledging the catalyst, or what came before. We have been completely ostracized from our rightful place. Like the decedents of Ancient Africans died when Black slavery was born.

3. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Don't get it twisted they don't love Blacks if anything from what I've seen it's the complete opposite....of course there are exceptions to every rule.....as far as the women go some do some don't just like any other classification of woman.......why some folks get immersed into their culture while ignoring our own.......your guess is as good as mine..........I do think though that a working knowledge of as many different cultures as possible is a good thing I however with that being said you must always keep things in perspective and put your/our own culture first......

Red

4. militant

militant Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    There you are very wrong. Some asians will disgrace blacks whether Africans or AAs when it comes to history of Africa. I was embarrassed when in South Korea, and they asked me why black people in Africa and America generally lack knowledge about the history of Africa. They can name kings and queens including those who allegedly had contact with chinese from Antiquity. So also will the middle easterners educate us on our own history.

5. That Jones Boy

That Jones Boy Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Its true that , I have seen more than a few Asian forums and had contact with Asians outside of the net.
    On the whole it would be true to say that the majority do not have a very high regard or positive outlook towards Black people worse even the the majority of whites, that includes those hip hop loving Asians who do not love "blacks" but are simply in love with the "cool" "hip" image of black people.
    I wouldn`t view their view of black people as all n word using gang bangers as "loving blacks"

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    actually, i don't much care what asians think.
    my concern is black people loving other peoples culture and not loving their own.

7. That Jones Boy

That Jones Boy Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    I can understand that, still I just brought up what Asians think to back the parts of your statement that said its not a good idea to love somebody who don`t love Us and that Asians don`t promote us.

8. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    Well if they 'loved' us, should we love them..... deserting self-love in exchange?? Why is it that our feelings for each other are often so reactive instead of proactive??

9. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    This should surprize no one. We have been conditioned to hate ourselves. We see ourselves as backward, primitive, savage, defeated, paganistic and untrustworthy. We are strangers to ourselves. This was done intentionally. Over generations upon generations we have been conditioned not only to not know who we are but to not even recognize who we are when we see ourselves and even as much as to be in opposition to who we are...This is something that no other group of people knows nor understands. When facing the truth we must face the whole truth. Part of that truth is we betrayed ourselves. We gave the European carte blanche in our mother land with our people. The slave processing prisons to the middle passage off the coast of Senegal were not built with European hands alone. So we seem to attach ourselves to the perception of power. Asian customs and culture seems very appealing to us and so does Native American. When you have lost your culture you create another one, choose someone else's or have one choosen for you. Many of us fall into one or all three of these categories...But there is hope...Despite the greatest efforts of a few, who we are shall prevail in the end...You can take the African out of Africa but you can't take the Africa out of the African. Let that marenade for a while...

Peace....

10. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    smh...

Did you tell these folks that not all Blacks are ignorant of self? It seems discussions such as those between you and the Koreans and "Mid-Easterners" come up when you least expect it. When I encounter a racist, I have a full clip ready to unload on them when they get to asking questions and making snide remarks. Well then since they pity us DARKIES, why didn't any of them take the time to sit down and re-educate you, instead of throwing it all up in your face? Why sit there and complain? Hi-jack our history? Hold it hostage? What did you tell these Asians as they clowned you? That sounds awful embarrasing that you were in Asian territory and they broke it down to you like that. Were you spending thousands vacationing or were you fighting a war against an Asian country?