Destee Network : Asar Imhotep debate on blogtalkradio Sun. May 16 9pm Eastern

imhotep06

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 21, 2004
Houston
Occupation
Web Applications Developer
Greetings Phamily

Please join me this Sunday May 16th @ 8pm Central Standard Time (9pm Eastern) as I engage in a debate/dialogue with author Kamau Makesi-Tehuti (How to make a Negro Christian) on the topic "Are we Americans with Africanisms? Or are we Africans with Americanisms?"

I will be taking the position of African-Americans are Americans with Africanisms. You do not want to miss this discourse. The details of the program are as follows:

Show: Mr. Holipsism
Date: Sunday May 16, 2010
Time: 8pm Central (9pm Eastern)
Call-in Number: (347) 843-4874
Location: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/holipsism/2010/05/17/debate-asar-imhotep-vs-kamau-makesi-tehuti

Format of debate:
2 Hour Time frame
Opening Statements -15 Min Max for each participant (total segment time = 1/2 hour max)
Rebuttals - 15 Min Max for each participant (total segment time = 1/2 hour max)3 Direct questions - (1 min max to ask, 5 min max to respond) should take 15 min a piece (total segment time = 1/2 hour)
Conclusions - 15 min max for each participant (total segment time = 1/2 hour)
Questions from callers in overtime discussion

Please mark your calendars and write down any questions you may have to be answered in the Q&A session. I look forward to engaging the community.

Ancestrally,

Asar Imhotep
MOCHA-Versity Institute of Philosophy and Research
http://www.***************

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

Greetings Phamily

Please join me this Sunday May 16th @ 8pm Central Standard Time (9pm Eastern) as I engage in a debate/dialogue with author Kamau Makesi-Tehuti (How to make a Negro Christian) on the topic "Are we Americans with Africanisms? Or are we Africans with Americanisms?"

I will be taking the position of African-Americans are Americans with Africanisms. You do not want to miss this discourse. The details of the program are as follows:

Show: Mr. Holipsism
Date: Sunday May 16, 2010
Time: 8pm Central (9pm Eastern)
Call-in Number: (347) 843-4874
Location: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/holipsism/2010/05/17/debate-asar-imhotep-vs-kamau-makesi-tehuti

Format of debate:
2 Hour Time frame
Opening Statements -15 Min Max for each participant (total segment time = 1/2 hour max)
Rebuttals - 15 Min Max for each participant (total segment time = 1/2 hour max)3 Direct questions - (1 min max to ask, 5 min max to respond) should take 15 min a piece (total segment time = 1/2 hour)
Conclusions - 15 min max for each participant (total segment time = 1/2 hour)
Questions from callers in overtime discussion

Please mark your calendars and write down any questions you may have to be answered in the Q&A session. I look forward to engaging the community.

Ancestrally,

Asar Imhotep
MOCHA-Versity Institute of Philosophy and Research
http://www.***************

Brother,

The intellectual jostling was enjoyable, but found to be a conundrum of sorts, yet full of interesting facts presented by both sides. In my view, to argue we are Africans with Americanism is tantamount in its proof, while conversely arguing the case of us being Americans with Africanism, and vice versa. In other words, black people in America are descendents of Africans that survive under European dominated culture, and are considered Americans.

Furthermore, as did the questioners, I too agree, there is no appreciable difference between the arguments; one proves the other having the appearance of sameness or agreement. Brother, even you said, it’s a moot point but for cultural and conscious deprivation of the class(35 million Black Americans).

All in all, the dialogue does promote a much needed conversation of the affected class, along the order of Black Nationalism.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back