Black Women : As you get older have you gotten more emotional?

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by MsInterpret, Nov 5, 2011.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Okay so I got a year and some change till I'm the big 3-0....(ooooohhh)

But as I get up in age, I found myself to be more emotional...Not like getting angry, but getting teary-eyed over things like sad or love story movies...Seeing a beautiful scenery or something like that...I've never been this way before, so I'm not sure if I'm going through a hormonal change or something..

Anyways, I was on a date with a guy I've been dating and as we were sitting and talking I began to cry. I was so embarrassed, I had to walk outside and get a breather...I came back and apologized and he said it was alright....But that never happened before.

Is this normal??????

2. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    don't think everyone who gets older becomes more emotional or sensitive, it depends on how the individual reacts to life; some become quite hardened. Sounds like you have opened up your heart even more (not that you were not loving before) and you allow yourself feel compassion and empathy. Or possibly because you get more sentimental as you get older. Me I'm the opposite. I find myself getting less and less emotional and more cold, but still nice and sociable. I just don't cry much anymore. I hope this helps!

3. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Yeah this makes sense...Cause I was a lot harder and colder when I was younger...And now I'm becoming more of a wimp (p*ssy) to certain things...

4. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    nah i wouldn't say that lol you just tapping into certain feelings you probably didnt before and that's indeed a wonderful thing!