Black Poetry : As I... (part II) end of story

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by serenti-poet, Apr 29, 2003.

1. serenti-poet

serenti-poet Well-Known Member MEMBER

High School Teacher
    Ratings:
    +2
    As I (part II)

Sit in this bathtub filled in suds of dish detergent with my thick thighs and bow legs hanging ova the rim, I sit with my eyes closes, blunt rolled, and wonder what I did to him.

As I…

Look at da blunt and see the man with the mole on his left cheek, wondering how I went wrong when I provided all his needs.

As I…

Remembered him crying after he placed me under his arm, remindin myself he would do me no harm. Hoping inside my heart wouldn’t be torn.

As I…

Looked in his hazels as he looked in my grays, I dreaded the words I knew he would say, he released me from his grasp and scooted away.

As I…

Refused to lick the salt this time letting him know he was gonna make me cry and this time I definitely and absolutely knew why.

As I…

Listened to him tell me he had not only been unfaithful but had a wife, that’s why he couldn’t come over at all on nights, and that he loved me more than anything and didn’t wanna fight. How I wish I had of instead been on Rich’s flyte.

As I…

Rubbed my arm a bad habit of mine, sinking in the tub knowing it wasn’t the right time, to remember all his luv crimes, but this is not his story this is mine.

As I…

Wiped away the tears and asked him his plans, bein I was only *19 and he was my first real man, I didn’t expect to keep him, but I thought if Whitney could do it hell, I can.

As I…

Watched his face harden and his lips do that thing, I knew the words he was gone say and the emotions they would bring, suddenly I realized he was no longer my king.
    As I…

Saw him jump up from beside me as if I had tested positive, I heard him throw out some stupid *** questions that started with what is. I looked in his eyes and took a quick sniff.

As I…

Looked at him closely bein I knew I was the last time I would see him, the man of my dreams the brutha they call Rakim. It would have been easier is I felt I didn’t need him.

As I…

Looked in his hazels and he looked in my grays, I pointed toward the door of course he knew the way. I loved this man but I had nothing to say.

As I…

Rocked myself to sleep in a big cloud of tears, remembering how often he kept me near, rejecting the idea of wanting him to demolish my fears, and I finally realized I didn’t want him here.

As I…

Traveled back to the bathroom with my thick thighs and bow legs, rememberin the dayum words clearly as if just said. hatin my emotions are always on my face and easily read.

As I…

Climb out soaking wet, I walk to my balcony and let the pain drip, off my skin from my head to my toes, why was he here no one will probably ever know.

*note I’m 22 now*

hope ya’ll enjoyed it respond plz

!!TRUE STORY!!

2. LovelyGoldenOne

LovelyGoldenOne Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student, Bookstore Clerk
    Ratings:
    +16
    this is amazing....i absolutely love it :)

3. serenti-poet

High School Teacher
    Ratings:
    +2
    thanks sweetie i try my best to bring a poetic flow to everything i do keep flowin peace and blessins :):):)

4. serenti-poet

High School Teacher
    Ratings:
    +2
    As I.....

wait for a new love found, but for now it's peaceful, calm and sound :)

5. sarcasm4eva

sarcasm4eva Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +17
    ight ight.........truly feelin this piece here...........Much love :)

6. serenti-poet

High School Teacher
    Ratings:
    +2
    thanks gurl lol :)

7. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    sad and beautifully visioned. another tight scribe!!!!!

8. serenti-poet

High School Teacher
    Ratings:
    +2
    thanks purplemoons peace and blessins sweetie keep flowin :)