Black People Politics : As Black Voters Drift to Trump, Biden’s Allies Say They Have Work to Do

Anyone who votes for 45 now is foolish. He has openly stated and shown what he thinks of us

You are not wrong. I'm simply saying that mentality is also dangerous because the more we (the masses) think it's a lock the more people will stay home. And the race is actually a lot closer than we think.

Trump was and still is a hot mess. However, we cannot overestimate the number of people who don't care about that. For many, its not about their guy winning. It's about their team winning or making the other guy or the other team lose. Republicans have been putting work into making their side hate biden and liberal democrats. Culture war is a big part of it. Old folks don't want to change how they view the world and middle-age are conscious of some people exploiting "wokeness" and taking it way too far.

When WE (because we brought that word into human consciousness just like many other trends) introduced that word it did not apply to everyone having whatever personal ideas they have about gender be accepted. And then you have any opinions about different aspects or groups of trans people you automatically become the opposition. It's like they are taking over the term and getting more use out of it than we ever did, just like white women and affirmative action. So they use it but then other whites attack it because they don't even know what it is because of how everyone is trying to use it to push their own agenda.

So there is a real backlash against things like that which also motivate people to vote against what they think is taking the country in the wrong direction. They can vote based on economic issues and stomach Trump's "eccentricities" or culture issues or Israel or the border, etc. And Trump's problems, for them, will come in a very distant third. THAT is why the race is going to be close. And it is going to be very uncomfortable.

You are not wrong. I'm simply saying that mentality is also dangerous because the more we (the masses) think it's a lock the more people will stay home. And the race is actually a lot closer than we think.

Trump was and still is a hot mess. However, we cannot overestimate the number of people who don't care about that. For many, its not about their guy winning. It's about their team winning or making the other guy or the other team lose. Republicans have been putting work into making their side hate biden and liberal democrats. Culture war is a big part of it. Old folks don't want to change how they view the world and middle-age are conscious of some people exploiting "wokeness" and taking it way too far.

When WE (because we brought that word into human consciousness just like many other trends) introduced that word it did not apply to everyone having whatever personal ideas they have about gender be accepted. And then you have any opinions about different aspects or groups of trans people you automatically become the opposition. It's like they are taking over the term and getting more use out of it than we ever did, just like white women and affirmative action. So they use it but then other whites attack it because they don't even know what it is because of how everyone is trying to use it to push their own agenda.

So there is a real backlash against things like that which also motivate people to vote against what they think is taking the country in the wrong direction. They can vote based on economic issues and stomach Trump's "eccentricities" or culture issues or Israel or the border, etc. And Trump's problems, for them, will come in a very distant third. THAT is why the race is going to be close. And it is going to be very uncomfortable.

It comes down to execution. White people understood it was about stacking the courts and legislatures. Now they are using it against us. Voting is important

"Culture war is a big part of it. Old folks don't want to change how they view the world and middle-age are conscious of some people exploiting "wokeness" and taking it way too far." quote ipxninja

What kind of false equivalency BS is that suppose to be?
Let's be clear, the culture war was started and is perpetrated from the land of J. McCarthy, from the fantasy land of John Birch, from white exceptionalism dreams of George Wallace, from the capitalist neoliberal plan of the Powell memorandum back all the way through to the antebellum south's lost cause where women had no agency, darkies knew their place and queers **** well better stay in the closet.
You mean those culture wars?

I don't see any problem with any one being woke.
If everyone were woke then this world would be a better place.

"Culture war is a big part of it. Old folks don't want to change how they view the world and middle-age are conscious of some people exploiting "wokeness" and taking it way too far." quote ipxninja

What kind of false equivalency BS is that suppose to be?
Let's be clear, the culture war was started and is perpetrated from the land of J. McCarthy, from the fantasy land of John Birch, from white exceptionalism dreams of George Wallace, from the capitalist neoliberal plan of the Powell memorandum back all the way through to the antebellum south's lost cause where women had no agency, darkies knew their place and queers **** well better stay in the closet.
You mean those culture wars?

I don't see any problem with any one being woke.
If everyone were woke then this world would be a better place.

I don't have a problem with anyone being woke either. That's not the problem. The problem is the definition of the word can be stolen and applied to extremes to such a degree that it triggers a backlash, even from the more reasonable masses, to the point that it is an assault on the credibility of the term that threatens to undo ALL the positive work done under its name.

Let me give you an example. BLM.

BLM exposed a lot of racists by virtue of their need to "correct" BLM and shame it out of existence. Although some went as far to say Blue Lives Matter or White Lives Matter, the main challenge came from the saying "All Lives Matter". Naturally, this was ridiculous if you understood that BLM was only saying "Black Lives Matter (too)". And we cannot even say all lives matter if black lives don't. And then ANTIFA got involved because they knew facists were going to counter-protest and possibly start trouble. And so, because they were there, BLM started to become confused with ANTIFA and with violent action.

Eventually, we started hearing more criticisms about BLM coming from black people. Why? It's because once a word is out there, it not necessarily left alone. It can evolve into different ideas. It can grow up like a child. It can also be kidnapped, held hostage, etc. It's not just a word. it's an idea. It's a symbol. And symbols can have power.

So how do you take that power away?

You change what it means. You attack the definition. This is what white people do all the time. People say "take it or leave it". Well if they can exploit it, they'll take it, and they change it.

Illustration:

Why would the older father think he understands what wokeness is more than his daughter? And they still can't really agree about what it is which doesn't stop him from attacking it. Because when he hears it being attacked, the definition is supplied secondarily and secondhand. So to him its something ridiculous because those attacking it need it to be ridiculous. It needs to be children getting gender reassignment operations without their parent's permission.

Is that woke?

You said: If everyone were woke then this world would be a better place.

Are you wrong? No, you are 100% right. And yet, you can see how, someone on the other side thinks you want everyone to be woke ("affirming of gender-reassignment to children") you can then see why they would think the world would be a better place if everyone wasn't woke.

So the point is that the danger is in these words being stolen and having their "gender (definition) reassigned".

I don't have a problem with anyone being woke either.

So the point is that the danger is in these words being stolen and having their "gender (definition) reassigned".
The Tyranny of Words by Stuart Chase

George Orwell mentioned Chase in an essay on politics. Chase published the book A New Deal shortly before FDR's famous speech. He was a member of FDR's brain trust.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on $$RICH$$'s profile.
$$RUCH. SO COOL.VBRO. WHAT MY bornday. Again. Destee. June. U didn't call. Phone me. I'm loosingbit. In my dopamine euphoria. None stop. I send my new pic. Noylt. Me. That guy. Wears 1x. I wear.b3x. Ok love Destee Fam. Errors I don't care ok. Love
Destee wrote on MANASIAC's profile.
I saw you ... :yaay: ... Welcome Home! ... :flowers:
Back