Black People : AS AN AFRICAN, WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE AN AMERICAN?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by KWABENA, Feb 3, 2005.

1. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Hello Family:

I just wanted to get this from my Destee Family:

As black folks, What does it mean to be an American? And how much pride do you take in being an American?

CD

2. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace,

It means absolutly nothing...................No I'm wrong, let me try this again it means to be owned by the Italian ******* Amerigo Vespuci, whom this name is derived from. I could never disrespect my ancestors by calling myself an "AFRO-AMERICAN"..

If my christian brothas and sistas are correct when they say u can't walk with God & Satan at the same time, by using this term to describe ourselves that is exactly what we would be trying to do!

peace

3. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    That post made me laugh! It actually had me thinking that Radical Faith wrote it, because he speaks his mind in the same way you do, moetry. Also, anAfrican, don't you feel that we have no rights to exercise here in Amerikkka?

CD

4. pdiane

pdiane Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +21
    My God, I don't even see myself as an amerikkkan. I see myself as a descendent of kidnapped, brutalized Afrikans. I see amerikkka a place of decay and insanity. God help my people!

5. Orisons

Orisons Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Mechanical Designer/Project Manager
    Ratings:
    +599
    Too True.

My God, I don't even see myself as an amerikkkan. I see myself as a descendent of kidnapped, brutalized Afrikans. I see amerikkka a place of decay and insanity. God help my people!

Orisons: I share your perception of the catastrophic shambles all around us, however the Creator helps those who help themselves, thus we owe it to the ancestors [and their tortured, mutilated and murdered siblings] to adequately secure ourselves and our communities in the USA, the rest of the Diaspora, and most importantly for our long term redevelopment Africa.

6. Kwaku Bendele

Kwaku Bendele Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    As Malcolm X said I am not amerikkan I am a victim of amerikka, I am African Descendant of African Slaves who crossed the Middle Passage

7. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Peace my brotha,

How can we have a right to excercise in this country if when this country was formed we were not considered in a positive way. This country could not have been even conceived if they did not have already agreed to use our superior mathematics and science as well as our labor to guarantee their existance. I have no doubt as u laugh, that u have taken into consideration the hefty scale of your ? & earlier comment..........

CD, u seem to be the only one on YOUR own post who seems to disagree with the respondants............hmmmmmmmmm (interesting)

Surely u don't believe you can get Justice on STOLEN land???

peace my brotha!

8. PositiveMindset

PositiveMindset Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +14
    I do not consider myself an AmeriKKKan, I am an African that was born in AmeriKKKa. A stolen man in a stolen land.

Considering the rights that we have consistently been denied, AmeriKKKa doesn't accept us as AmeriKKKans either. Immigrants have more rights than us, receive more loans, get more jobs, etc..

Like the late great El Hajj Malik El Shabazz (Malcolm X) stated, "If U put a kitten in the oven, it doesn't make it a biscuit."

9. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Wait a minute moetry, I hope you did not take that wrong way, because if you did, I apologize. I said it made me laugh because your excellent point of view put a smile on my face! You should take pride in that. And no matter how much I disagree with something IF I disagree with something, How much control do I have over that? Say what you want say, speak your mind, and nevermind what other think of your point of views. I meant to say that Radical Faith does an excellent job stating his opinion, and then supporting it with good detail. You do the same thing, and I only said that you sounded like him in that post that you made. Therefore, you are another person who makes posts, and backs your opinions up with great supportive detail. Do you feel better about that now? Because God did not create my to antagonize anyone on anything they do.

You can get justice on stolen land, but that does not mean that whoever you get justice on will rest. For instance, you can take someone to court and win a case, but that does not mean that they will let it go; people like that anticipate on catching you off-guard. So again, you can get justice, but who you get justice on will find a way to get you back. As much as I do not want to say it like that, but truth of the matter is moetry, some people do not understand that "what goes around, comes around."

Hope this makes you feel better. We are all family here, and I cannot afford to let a family member down in the name of Jesus!

CD

10. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace CD,

Let me be clear that not for one minute did I not think we were family! As an intelligent brotha as yourself knows we all have different minds as well as writing styles & sometimes attitude may be confused with love from the scribe..(myself included)

Radical is my brotha & to compare me to him IS a compliment. But, I still don't believe in just-us on stolen land because the thieves who now control it are not JUST. What I was trying to say was that in starting a thread such as this u know u will recieve various responses from different areas of intelligence on this site.

peace to the god.................