Black Men : As a Black Man - what is your greatest fear, and how do you deal with it?

What Does the Black Man Fear?

Very Good question. What is fear? Fear according to Funk & Wagnalls Dictionary of the English Language,...Fear:An emotion excited by Threatening evil or impending pain,accompanied by a desire to avoid or escape it. Harriet Tubman had to shoot and kill her own brother because he became "fearful" and wanted to turn back to "Slavery". She told him,"No you don't *****,you com dis fa an you goin all de way or I'll kill you, you ain't gon go back an let yo massa beat the truth out you and you tells him wars wea goin,..he (Her Brother) started to run and Harriet (Mother of the Underground Rail-Road to Freedom) took out her 45 and shot him dead. In some African tribes a pratice that still goes on to this day, for a young boy becoming of age, to prove his "Man-Hood" he has to go out alone in the jungle to "Kill" a Lion. Here in America the ex-slaves don't have any such ancient rituals of any kind to teach our young men,it is a "hit or miss" life style. "In a true man,(Man means Mind) there is no room (Or Place) for fear", except for G-d alone. "Behold the only thing that is greater than your self". Brothers and Sisters

Sincerely

Cedric Denson said:
As a Black Man, I have many fears:

I fear that:

When I die, everything that I worked hard for will never pay off.

My family will not be so safe as long as White America hold every inch of power in this country.

Black folks will only continue killing eachother until there are not enough of us left.

Once day, when I become as prestigious as they come, soemone will step to my door and threaten my life, my family's life, and the people around me.

Sometimes I fear that when I get to Heaven, God has a surprise for me for all of the sins that were not washed away from me.

Not anyone will pick up where I left off when I pass on.

If I do not play my part in the struggle for Black power, black folks will never reach the top.

Our communities will be destroyed along with us if we continue to allow poison in them.

By the end of this decade, almost every prison will be crowded of innocent Young Black Men.

Not many people will step up and end the degradation of the sistahs.

That's all for now. However, I will count on God to be with us everyday until then end, and I will have FAITH in God to believe that this will never happen.

Cedric Denson

That's deep, and it makes sense.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back