Black Relationships : (Article)What’s causing the crisis in black relationships?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by mjh1987, Apr 5, 2008.

1. mjh1987

mjh1987 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    BLACK MEN and women could be finding it hard to care for each other because bitter family members and friends attack black love.

Thousands of black men and women are remaining on the shelf or mired in conflict, because of negative perceptions and myths about each other, passed on by family and friends.

http://www.voice-online.co.uk/content.php?show=13166

2. Josh Wickett

Josh Wickett Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    In my "family", the conflict among my 5 sisters is based on jelousy and envy regarding who "has a man" and who doesn't.

Any criticism among them results in "look who's talkin!"; which only results in further criticism.

Its like an endless loop

Happens with females in the work place too.

Its so bad that I had to come up with some code to deal with it. So now, when they call me, I tell them right up front: "if the conversation turns to tearing down one of our sisters, Im hanging up the phone"

And,

and,

"if I start doing it, I expect you to hang up the phone on me"

Guess what the result is?

A lot of very short conversations between my sisters and I.

Not because we hang up the phone an each other.

Its worse than that.

Its because blk people don't know what to say when they can't tear down another blk person.

Sick isn't it?

Sorry, but thats how it is in the system of racism white supremacy.

What to do about it?

Im glad you asked.

Anytime you are talking to another black person and the conversation turns to tearing down another blk person, halt the conversation by saying: WHAT PROBLEM ARE WE TRYING TO SOLVE?

This gets the person focused on what to DO to solve the problem that keeps resulting in conversations tearing down another blk person.

BTW, this peice of code works in any situation where you need to focus on solving a problem instead of wasting time tearing down another person.

3. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    Good day mjh1987 :wave:

I must remind you of our rules regarding posting complete articles in the forums. Please review the rules regarding this: http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8084 where you will also find some examples.

We prefer that you include only a few snippets of the article, and allow members to read the orginal by following the link provided.

Thank you!

:heart:
    Zulile

4. mjh1987

mjh1987 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0

Thank you for telling me I'll edit my post now.

5. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    I have to say amen to this one. I am currently divorced because of family members. It is what it is; but I refuse to give up on black women, I know that there is a black woman out there with a family who is supportive and caring.