Black Spirituality Religion : ARTICLE: Prt m Hrw - Reinterpretations

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by imhotep06, Jun 11, 2010.

1. imhotep06

imhotep06 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Web Applications Developer
    Ratings:
    +106
    Greetings Phamily

I recently completed an article titled Prt M Hrw: Reinterpretations. In this essay I sought to bring about a new understanding for the meaning being Prt m Hrw (Book of the Dead), and its purpose in ancient ciKam (Egyptian) society. We accomplish this, of course, by critically examining modern Black African societies to get a better understanding of the ancient traditions. I hope you find this essay edifying and I look forward to your feedback. Here is the link:

http://www.***************/documentdownloads/Prt_m_Hrw_Reinterpretations.pdf

Ancestrally

Mujilu Mukatapa

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

Well wishes brother, and much success...Peace In,

3. imhotep06

Ratings:
    +106
  4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother Imhotep06 ... Peace and Blessings,

We appreciate you sharing with us, but you must do it within the confines of the rules.

Aggressive promotion (more than one thread, or more than one link to your site), is spam, unless you are a Premium Member or have purchased advertising.

I've warned you about this before, and I'll have to deactivate all of your links if you continue.

If we let you do it, everyone will want to use us to aggressively promote their stuff, never helping to keep the site they use alive.

Again, thanks for sharing with us, but please do it within the confines of the rules.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

5. imhotep06

Ratings:
    +106
    Thank you. Can you please explain how this is spam? In what ways is sharing original research from one of your members, for the sake of discussing the topic, ON YOUR SITE, in any way not keeping the site alive? I'm not understanding this logic. There is no excessive posting of links. I updated the article and made known that I updated it. So those who have the old article can update their records. I didn't "bump" the page. So again, I'm trying to follow the logic.

I appreciate forums like this. I have 3 social networking websites myself [sites I have not promoted on this site ever], so I understand the cutting down of those come strictly to advertise. But this is not the case. You see this as promoting the website, which although the link is on my website, the links to ANY of my ORIGINAL research articles doesn't take you to the main area of the site. The links are for you to download the PDF article DIRECTLY from the link ON YOUR SITE to the end user's computer (right click, save as - or, click link directly, open 'save as' dialogue box). The only time it will show up on your computer directly is if you have the adobe plugin for your browser. Not everyone has this installed. So again, I'm trying to follow the logic here.

I've seen where you complain about others posting other's research. Now I'm hearing complaints of posting "too much" of someone's own research? I'm not getting it. I've only posted two articles within the last week and a half. The last article I wrote before that was on May 18th. I'm trying to see where the spam comes in.

Again, I appreciate the forum, but this isn't making any sense.

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684

Brother Imhotep06 ... sure, it's my pleasure to try and explain it to you.

Our rule # 5 ... included below, explains how we define spam, and why this rule even exists.

We have no problem with you promoting your work here, in fact, we provide a single opportunity for every Member to do that at no cost. But when one repeatedly adds their own links to the community, in additional posts, it's aggressive promotion, and has to be contained or many will use us just and/or primarily to promote their own selves. I've been managing destee.com for more than 12 years, and seen this over and over again.

People will come here and repeatedly post their own links ... promote and market their own selves, their own businesses, books, web sites, etc. ... without ever thinking of the fact that marketing one's endeavor usually costs money. They will take complete advantage of our hospitality and generosity, without giving a second thought, to giving the same or like support to us. I'm not on any of your sites, posting destee.com links. I respect your site, and everyone else's, enough not to do that ... or at least ... not to do it in a manner that violates your specific rules, policies, etc. That's all I'm asking from everyone, to simply respect and adhere to our rules.

While I mention our links on your site, it's not required, I was just trying to make the point that folk will take and never give (the same), if you let them. In this case, it's all good, for what we give, we give with our whole heart and freely ... and in this particular case ... that is one thread, or one link to every Member that wants to promote their own site, business, endeavor, etc., to this community.

If you want more than that (to leave multiple links to your site), you should Become a Premium Member, buy some advertising from us, or spam sites that allow it.

It's not personal Brother, so please don't take it that way. This rule is very old, and not real easy to moderate, as we're often torn between the desire to help promote our people's endeavors, while staying alive ourselves. We are slow to speak to this violation, as we're hoping that those who are promoting their own selves, will realize on their own, there are costs for this site (as there are for all sites) and be moved in their own Spirit to help keep alive the place(s) they use. Unfortunately, this is rarely the case, though I remain hopeful.

Maybe you don't have this problem with your sites, but over the years, it has been a challenge here which is why we have the rule. As a site owner, perhaps you have some tips on how to keep people from taking advantage of your kindness, using your stuff as they see fit (regardless of what you've asked them to adhere to), while keeping your sites alive at the same time. If so, I'd love to hear them, if you don't mind sharing.

Rule # 5. Do not spam us (posting the same thing more than once), with your links and advertisements. We provide a forum where everyone can post a thread advertising their site. You are also welcome to Become a Premium Member, which allows you to leave a link to your site, in every post you make. Signatures are reserved for Premium Members only. A small way of thanking those who financially help keep our community alive.

If you have more questions, or suggestions, I'm here.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee