Black People : Arrest of Princeton’s Dr. Imani Perry causes outrage and backlash

Is this really a situation that involves the race card ?

• Nah, she just tripping cause she's a "professor"

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Yeah, they dogged her out because she's black

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
She's right that.. minor traffic violations should be decriminalized.. not paying tickets should not result in body searches.. or being handcuffed to tables.

She's wrong to play the race card. The cops were doing their job. She knew she hadn't paid those tickets.. and the same triflin that led to neglecting to take care of her business for 3 years.. is the same triflin that's trying to invoke the black injustice engine. I would use a metaphor about "crying wolf" but I don't want to confuse Kemetstry.

she's right that.. minor traffic violations should not be decriminalized.. not paying tickets should not result in body searches.. or being handcuffed to tables. She's wrong to play the race card. The cops were doing their job. She knew she hadn't paid those tickets.. and the same triflin that led to neglecting to take care of her business for 3 years.. is the same triflin that's trying to invoke the black injustice engine. I would use a metaphor about "crying wolf" but I don't want to confuse Kemetstry. :lol: :10500:

I thought it was over one unpaid ticket? Plus, Though she may in fact feel privileged because of her education and standing, similar to a certain professor who forgot his keys, this does not mean she wasn't discriminated against. Lets not get into, your uptown inconvenience doesn't compare to what we go thru in the hood. The reason so many whites are involved in this is because, everyone can relate to being stuck by the man

she's right that.. minor traffic violations should not be decriminalized.. not paying tickets should not result in body searches.. or being handcuffed to tables. She's wrong to play the race card. The cops were doing their job. She knew she hadn't paid those tickets.. and the same triflin that led to neglecting to take care of her business for 3 years.. is the same triflin that's trying to invoke the black injustice engine. I would use a metaphor about "crying wolf" but I don't want to confuse Kemetstry.

lol @ kem

and she was doing a 67 and in a 45

begging to be stopped lol

She is an insult imo to those who have faced real discrimination including myself.

I agree! She clearly has no idea what real racial discrimination involves at the hands of police. Racial profiling, excessive force and disproportionate sentences are REAL problems that this appears to make light of... unless of course she has proof that a yt professor under the same circumstances was treated differently.,,,guess what?
White professor says Princeton cops treated her 'really nice' for same violation as Imani Perry
http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/...really-nice-for-same-violation-as-imani-perry

Fine is a white woman and Professor Perry is a black woman.

As Fine recalls the experience, the police seemed to go out of their way to be helpful, even though she was being arrested.

The policewoman said she did not want to frighten her or her son, recalled Fine. She doesn't remember being patted down by either police officer. The police drove Fine and her son to his school where they dropped him off. Then they took her down to the Princeton police station.

“As we’re driving, she says ‘I’m really supposed to cuff you, but I’m not going to do that unless my chief sees me,’” Fine recalled of her conversation with the policewoman. A male officer was present at her arrest but did not accompany her to the station. Both officers were white.

“They were really nice to me and never cuffed me,” Fine said. “It was like they were slightly embarrassed.”

"Fine says she supports Perry raising the issue of possible racial bias during her arrest and called her actions courageous. “She has a lot to lose as a professor,” Fine said. “When you speak out and you talk about race and you’re black, everybody treats you like you’re a sore loser.”

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back