Black People : Arrest of Princeton’s Dr. Imani Perry causes outrage and backlash

Is this really a situation that involves the race card ?

• Nah, she just tripping cause she's a "professor"

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Yeah, they dogged her out because she's black

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Lrae

Dec 25, 2015
Indiana, USA
www.facebook.com

http://rollingout.com/2016/02/11/841950/
Princeton Professor Imani Perry is protesting against an arrest during a traffic stop last Saturday (Feb 6). Dr.Perry says she was discriminated against my two white police officers because of her race; she ended up handcuffed to a table at the local police station.

The professor of African-American studies was allegedly driving at 67 miles per hour in a 45 mph zone, at around 9:30 am. So when the two officers—a man, and a woman—stopped her, they found that her driving privileges were suspended, and a warrant was issued for her arrest for two unpaid ticket violations stemming from 2013.
http://rollingout.com/2016/02/11/841950/

http://www.vibe.com/2016/02/black-princeton-professor-imani-perry-arrest/

Here is her complaint.

Yesterday, on my way to work, I was arrested in Princeton Township for a single parking ticket three years ago…

— Imani Perry (@imaniperry) February 7, 2016

The police refused to allow me to make a call before my arrest, so that someone would know where I was…

There was a male and a female officer, but the male officer did the body search before cuffing me and putting me in the squad car.

I was handcuffed to a table at the station.

“We already know it IS the standard protocol for people in poor Black, Indigenous, and Latino communities to experience disproportionate police surveillance, harassment, violence, and punishment,” she wrote. “That is the graver injustice. I’m asking you to understand that my experience, and my feelings, are directly and intimately tied to that larger truth. We unquestionably have a serious problem with policing in this society.”

What are your thoughts on Dr. Perry’s claims? IDK, but the comments from the YT folk in response to her post definitely indicate some deep racial tensions out there.....

MS234

Mar 1, 2010
she had a warrant - so unless they beat her down or worse nothing to see here...........welcome to the real world

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : How Atlanta's mayor turned her famous father's arrest into a passion for criminal justice reform Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Law Forum : Police bodycam footage of woman, 65, resisting arrest sparks outrage: 'If she was black she would've been shot' Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 1
OldSoul Black People : NEVER BEFORE SEEN RECORDING BY SANDRA BLAND OF ARREST Black People Open Forum 6
Destee Black Entertainment : Ice Cube - Arrest the President Black Entertainment 2
Liberty Law Forum : Black teen badly beaten in wrongful arrest, lawsuit says Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 10
Liberty Law Forum : Violent SC Arrest Reflects How African-American Girls Are Disproportionately Disciplined in Schools, Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
Liberty Law Forum : Deputy Ben Fields Slam And Drag Teen Girl That Wasn't Resisting Arrest At Spring Valley HS Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 140
Liberty Black People Politics : Black woman beaten by cops for filming arrest of her husband Black People Politics 7
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : officer charged with three felonies in Dent arrest... Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
RAPTOR The Police : ‘We Finally Got One of Those Animals’: Community Organizer in Ferguson Recounts Arrest Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Privilege (White) of ‘Arrest Without Incident’ Black People Open Forum 1
shaka64 Law Forum : Cops Smash Car Window, Taser & Arrest Black PASSENGER w/ Kids For DRIVING Violation Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Officer in fatal NY arrest stripped of gun, badge Black People Open Forum 10
Kadijah Black People : Cops rushing to white altercation, stops to arrest, lie on, &wrongly imprision blk man for 15 months Black People Open Forum 0
Kemetstry Law Forum : WHY ARENT JAY-Z and BEYONCE UNDER ARREST? Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 41
MsVeraisblessed Black People : Why did the FBI arrest Malcolm X's Grandson Malcolm Shabazz? Black People Open Forum 11
Kemetstry Black People : Dollar's Chirren Blues Arrest Black People Open Forum 40
MS234 Black People : Florida authorities ready to issue arrest warrant for Trayvon Martin's killer: report Black People Open Forum 10
RAPTOR Black People : "I'm gonna make stuff up" said a seattle cop to man under arrest. Black People Open Forum 0
Destee Law Forum : Google Earth Used to Make Arrest Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 3
HODEE Black People : Feds to collect DNA from every person they arrest Black People Open Forum 3
R Black Entertainment : video of T.I. a week before his arrest Black Entertainment 0
D Just watch me die from cardiac arrest??? Black Health and Wellness 0
PoeticManifesta Black Poetry : Cardiac Arrest... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
R Black People : No Jail, No Arrest Day - July 15, 2005 Black People Open Forum 13
P Black People : Arrest Black Babies Before They Become Criminals! Black People Open Forum 13
G Black Poetry : ...you're under arrest. Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 15
Kemetstry Black Positive People : PRINCETON VALEDICTORIAN Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : Don't underestimate Beast Mode: What Princeton students could learn from Marshawn Lynch Black Sports 3
OldSoul Black People : Princeton seminary will pay $27M in slavery reparations Black People Open Forum 1
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : PRINCETON HONORS TONI MORRISON Black Entertainment 6
IFE African American History Culture : Nobel Laureate Toni Morrison Honored by Princeton University with Dedication of Morrison Hall African American History Culture 0
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Dre Debates Princeton Professor AACOOLDRE 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Positive People : Nia Imani Franklin, the 23-year-old Miss New York, won the title of Miss America 2019 Black People Doing Positive Things 1
jamesfrmphilly Black People : IMANI... Black People Open Forum 1
Ankhur Black People : IMANI; Faith in Our People Black People Open Forum 3
C Black Women : Lovin Her Nappy Nappy Spoken Soul Video and Song by Kamal Imani Black Women 0
D Black People : IMANI T MISFIT: PHENOMENON? Black People Open Forum 0
M Black Poetry : Imani (last Day Of Kwanzaa) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4