Black Short Stories : aroma shower therapy

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by baller, Oct 9, 2011.

1. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    Aroma Shower Therapy

We drove in silence. We were returning home from the park, where a picnic that was supposed to clear up last night’s argument, turned into the worst one yet. It was the third in as many days…and they were escalating in intensity.

“I don’t know how much more of this I can take,” I thought. “For ten years, we never argued. Now, suddenly, everything I say is wrong.

I need a bath.”

As I rushed into the house, all I could think about was the anger in his voice. How could anything I say make him so angry? What’s going on with him…with us?

So many questions raced through my mind, as I burst into the master bathroom…my place of solitude…my safe haven from all the bad, and wrongs, of the world.

If I had a hot bath—already prepared—and some calgon, to take me away…or, maybe, a cruise ship…I’d be happy. But I didn’t have any of that…and I couldn’t wait. So, without the benefit of fresh clothing to change into, or towels to dry off with, I jumped into the shower…turning the hot water on full. I wanted to escape into my special place…to forget about everything that had happened over the past three hours.

Slowly, the strumming of the hot water spray began to break down the barriers of hostility that had enveloped me…allowing me to peep into my special place. My mind was trying hard to keep me where I was but I was determined to get away.

I thought about how things would be, if not for the arguments. I thought of the many times I would be showering, and he would sneak into the shower with me…snatching me out of my special place…but taking me to somewhere better.

As my thoughts continued along those lines, I imagined him behind me, caressing me, standing so close I could feel the hardness of his manhood pressing into me. Involuntarily, I pressed back…loving the feel of him…wishing that we could be the way we were in the beginning…wondering why we couldn’t.

No! I won’t go there.

Again, I focused on the love we shared, and all the times we’ve proven our love for one another. We’ve had a wonderful life, together. He’s meant everything to me.

As my mind drifted back into my revelry, I slipped deep into my special place...where everything good I had ever asked for was given to me…and they all revolved around my man. Again, I felt him press into me. This time, with the hot water cascading over my body, the aroma soap therapy surrounding me, the need for a return to happiness enveloping me, I pressed my hands against the porcelain wall in front of me, and leaned forward. When he entered me, it wasn’t the euphoric feelings of dreams that captured my senses, it was a feeling of being invaded…stretched…filled to the full…that snapped me back to reality.

I started to pull away, afraid that some unknown assailant had broken into my home…but he held me tightly. I tried to scream but my attacker quickly put his hand over my mouth, to silence me.

“Shhh,” I heard him whisper in my ear. “I’m here now.”

Recognizing the voice, I stopped my struggles and welcomed his intrusion. Within minutes, we were like we were in the beginning…heated, passionate, and so into each other that nothing else mattered. Thirty minutes later, the water began to cool…and we took our coupling to the bedroom.

That was thirty years ago…and the last argument we ever had.

Today, I buried my husband of forty years…the only man I’ve ever loved…the only one I’ve ever known.

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    man i'm loving your pen and these stories .......getting my read on !!!!

3. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    THANKS for reading $$RICH$$. decided to open up my private stash...to get a little feedback.

THANKS for responding.

4. SophiaG

SophiaG Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +112
    Wow they never argued ever again after that? That must be one heck of a relationship.

I wonder what was causing him to be argumentative? Maybe you could explore this more and add more depth & length to the story by addressing what was making him this way?

I have to say I admire you for being able to write stories, oftentimes I am only able to come up with flash fiction and whatnot.