Black Relationships : Army Chick(Should I stay or Let go?)

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by PrincessFlowz, Oct 5, 2003.

1. PrincessFlowz

PrincessFlowz Active Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have a boyfriend in the army. I haven't seen him in 4 months. He recently wrote me a letter containing a poem. He basically told me how he loved me and how he would never let me go. Since I was skeptical of the status of our realtionship b4 he left; this touched my heart. I decided to stay with him and maybe I can last with him for 6 more months. I wrote him back telling him how I felt the same way. It's been about 2 weeks since I sent that letter. I havent received a letter from him since. I'm confused about our relationship. He's an on and off type of person, that is one way one minute and the next is someone different. I've been through a lot of drama and this tops the cake. I am so fed up with him and the drama. But at the same time I love him. Help me out yall, should I stay or let go?

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,864
    PrincessFlowz, welcome! I've written a similar response to similar questions like this a lot since I've been here. Help me to understand how you could possibly base a decision about what you should do in a relationship by asking a serious question like that on a message board? Do you mean to tell me that you would honestly pay attention to advice from absolute strangers about whether to leave or stay with someone?

Okay, having said that, I would suggest that you find some other means of help in your local area from people you trust and are familiar with if you're really serious about needing advice. If you're confused, then I certainly am too as far as what you wrote about your relationship. Maybe the best thing for you to do is to ask your boyfriend these very same questions and wait for his response. If he doesn't respond, well then....that's a form of response don't you think?

Peace.

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I truely agree ....

let me add i can't tell you to stay or go !
    but he is in the army and may be on some detailed
    he did express how he felt and love u and even said it
    with poetry and you express the same some time it seem
    like it's a up and down thing but there are many reasons for it
    inside your heart is the answer you seeking ...GO WITH YOUR
    EMOTIONAL FEELING & HEART ..... he maybe on duity and can't
    write at this point it's been two weeks but in the army it can be
    months go with your gut feelings and talk it over with family who
    will understand you better ....

my advice is nothing to what you must feel or going through but
    understand and look at it at all sides he may be going through something too and can't write back at this time .....a relationship
    sometime need to wake up the trust & faith in it to continue on
    you say he is a up & down kinda guy sometime it's all good and sometime seem like he don't care .....ask and see what he may
    be going through or is his stay in the army making him feel this way seek his feelings and emotions as well .....bless you and hope the best for you & your mate ...