Black People : Are You Too *Proud* To Admit You Were Wrong???

ShemsiEnTehuti said:

In particular for me, I never gratuitously used the N-word, however, I saw no reason to stop using terms like sambo or coon to describe our people when they acted like it. I am here stating that I was wrong then, and that none of these words should be used in reference to our people, no matter the logic used. Ok...so what about anyone else...

I have no problem admitting I was wrong, as a matter a fact, my friends will attest to the fact that I have changed my position on topics through my growth. With that said, I was wrong about calling him a Sambo.....

He is a no-good, worthless, white-man loving, shucking and jiving Coon.

With true ancestral spirit.....I identify the enemy.

ShemsiEnTehuti said:
I want to know who here can admit when they were wrong after holding strong to whatever position you may of had...

:idea:

In particular for me, I never gratuitously used the N-word, however, I saw no reason to stop using terms like sambo or coon to describe our people when they acted like it. I am here stating that I was wrong then, and that none of these words should be used in reference to our people, no matter the logic used. It is hurtful to our ancestors regardless.

Ok...so what about anyone else...

Are You Too *Proud* To Admit You Were Wrong???

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Brother ShemsiEnTehuti I really needed to see this post as it has truly lifted my spirit.

As for me I've been wrong on occassion...ok, several occassions, but after some reflection, I usually have no problems admitting it and correcting course.

It requires courage and a healthy dose of self-confidence to do it, but this skill IMO is critical for continued growth.

Medase Pa

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back