Black People : Are You Too *Proud* To Admit You Were Wrong???

Donate

Please support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp - Thank you.

ShemsiEnTehuti

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 28, 2006
Florida, USA
I want to know who here can admit when they were wrong after holding strong to whatever position you may of had...

:idea:

In particular for me, I never gratuitously used the N-word, however, I saw no reason to stop using terms like sambo or coon to describe our people when they acted like it. I am here stating that I was wrong then, and that none of these words should be used in reference to our people, no matter the logic used. It is hurtful to our ancestors regardless.

Ok...so what about anyone else...

Are You Too *Proud* To Admit You Were Wrong???

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
ShemsiEnTehuti said:
I want to know who here can admit when they were wrong after holding strong to whatever position you may of had...

:idea:

In particular for me, I never gratuitously used the N-word, however, I saw no reason to stop using terms like sambo or coon to describe our people when they acted like it. I am here stating that I was wrong then, and that none of these words should be used in reference to our people, no matter the logic used. It is hurtful to our ancestors regardless.

Ok...so what about anyone else...

Are You Too *Proud* To Admit You Were Wrong???

Wow Brother ShemsiEnTehuti ... i love you and i'm so proud of you !!!! :love:

Yesssss i can admit that i'm wrong, when someone takes the time to help me see.

Hmmmm ... let me think of a time ... for i'm SURE it has happened right here in the community!

I can't think of anything right off the top ... but i know it's happened and maybe someone else will help remind me of that time.

SAVING SPACE HERE FOR MY CORRECTED WRONG.​

This is the absolute key to growth, as none of us can be right all the time.

It's the ability to be able to acknowledge that one was wrong, and correct the behavior ... or there will never be progress.

This is GREAT! It's a sign of GREAT WISDOM to be able to do this ... especially in public!

I'm Proud of YOU!

Your WARRIOR points just flew through the roof ... as far as i'm concerned.

Our collective future is bright, with you on our side!

I bow to you Young Warrior ... :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

:heart:

Destee

cursed heart

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 12, 2006
That was very very noble of you.
I admit that the n word does cross my lips.
It's hard to reprogram when you've been conditioned.
The change will not happen overnight.
It takes a lifetime.
I was just with my family talking about this.(elders)
They mocked me and laughed and repeated the n word constantly in sync.
I just looked at them and said nothing more.
So much love to you.

dustyelbow

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 25, 2005
Don't worry or give any extra thought to the matter. 'Right' or 'wrong' we are still have a connection to COMMUNITY . I think if we recognize that then we all may benefit not only NOW but the FUTURE to COME.

I dont sense anybody looking at you any less beforehand and now in this thread.

Personally I dont think you did anything WRONG. You resolve this matter with YOURSELF first. That's how I see it.

Latest profile posts

Hi! I'm not as active on this account as I want to be. For one I tend to forget that this site exists until I check my email. Two, I'm currently in the process of building up a fine art site for Oklahoma black and native historical references. The references correlate with another site that will be a storytelling site that has not yet been produced.
Happy to be back and gaining more knowledge!
Destee wrote on Cindy's profile.
Welcome Home Beloved! :wave: :love:
skuderjaymes wrote on Cindy's profile.
good to see you around Cindy.
2022 Has started and I hope everyone is having a safe and protected journey as we navigate this game of life
during this pandemic. We are not easily defeated so protect your momentum at all times. One Love.