Black Relationships : Are You Single, Married, Looking ... ?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Destee, Jun 20, 2004.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Hello Family,

Sister Nita Mae asked me to ask yall this question, 'cause she is shy and was wundr'n ... :) ... but uhhh ... are you single, married, looking, involved, hungry, starving, or however you'd describe your current intimate relationship experience.

I don't know if Nita is look'n or what ... but anyway ... i've asked the question for her ... and will be the first to respond.

I am single, divorced, and currently have me and all my chiren ... and our u-hauls loaded wit all our stuff ... ready and waiting for the first invitation from a non-serial killer type ... :wink:

:heart:

Destee

2. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    I am single and currently looking only to get myself right before I try to get somone else.

Too much boo boo in your life only helps you to become boo boo, so I figure that if I get right, I will find someone who is right.

If someone cool comes along, I am down for whateva however.

3. MrBlak

MrBlak Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    Single and looking. I had just attempted to have a relationship with a woman I met online but it was long distance and other factors came in so we are just good friends now. I want something serious soon but got no prospects so I keep my eyes open around the city.

4. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQ

Ummmmm...see...How I get all in Destee scandle...smh...lolol

Well, I was seeing a guy up until last night, his jobs and school and church leaves no time for me...so I'm back on the market....The first 50 brothers will get a 10% discount too...lolol

5. MzBlkAngel

MzBlkAngel Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +219
    QQ..yall krazie

QQ..Nita....Smh....:lol:

i am not on the market....not searchin, yearnin, hungry, or starvin
    content and happy..
    well some days that is.... :lol: other days i am at peace

6. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    I've never been married, but I am single and have been for 8 years. My last relationship ended after 5 years when my daughter was 10 years old, and I didn't think it was fit to parade a bunch of men around her when I knew deep down I was in no mood for a real relationship. So for the most part I dated away from the house but only casually.

The last year and a half I've discovered the type of man I truly see myself settling down with...and have only recently encountered a few who fit that role. It's been nice taking my time to get to know them, to open up and expose myself to them in a new way... to be mentally intimate without sex.

I'm sure soon things will change for me and the time couldn't be more perfect now that my daughter is starting her senior year of high school.

I have never really looked for a relationship...and dont ever plan to.

7. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I'm single and not looking. I don't whore-around but I have women that I "see" casually. I think I'm ready for a relationship but I'm pretty picky when it comes to women. Not in the superficial shallow way, but I like women who are very very down to earth, genuinely sweet, beautiful inside and outside and honest. I don't know that many women like that so that's why I'm single. It's cool though. I have all the time in the world. :look: :shades:

8. Lucky

Lucky Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    involved and content :tongue:

9. jazzymoonchild

jazzymoonchild Well-Known Member MEMBER

administrative
    Ratings:
    +9
    I'm single, been divorced for many years now. I have dated here and there, but take myself "off the market" so to speak when I feel my patience running thin. I have some things that I am taking care of within myself, concentrating on being the best "me" possible. My King will find me.

10. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    Jazzy

I hear you...I too am waiting on my King to find me, and if he's reading this thread, hit me on my yahoo IM....lolol....smh :jumping: :lol: