Black People : Are You Sincere

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by dunwiddat, Aug 16, 2014.

1. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    a : free of dissimulation : honest <a sincere interest>
    b : free from adulteration : pure <a sincere doctrine> <sincere wine>
    : marked by genuineness : true
    Merrain Webster online dictionary.

Centuries ago, when dishonest potters would try to pass off their cracked pots and jars as high quality, they would fill the fractures with wax and then smooth it all over so their customers couldn’t see the defects.
    Gullible buyers wouldn’t notice the cracks until they poured hot water into the jars; they would leak right away. Savvy buyers in the marketplace would examine the jar cracks by lifting it to the sun, literally “sun-judging” it.
    Sincere is the transliteration of the Latin phrase sine (without) cera (wax). Honest sellers invited their wares to be sun-judged
    .--- Author Unknown

Whenever I see this word I think about the dishonest potters. I ask myself are my words sincere, are they honest, genuine and pure.....whether I speak to people in person or online. I awoke this morning and for some reason this word just came to me.
    There is also a great meaning for those who care to read.

Romans 12.9 Let love be sincere.

For me not being sincere is like having a counterfeit 100 dollar...looking real and maybe brand new BUT worthless.

2. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Sincerely liked this, much appreciated Sistar

3. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    I have read the children's classic book The Velveteen Rabit by Margery Williams.

“You become. It takes a long time. That’s why it doesn’t happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in your joints and very shabby.
    But these things don’t matter at all, because once you are Real you can’t be ugly, except to people who don’t understand.”
    Margery Williams, The Velveteen Rabbit