Black People Politics : Are you satisfied with the American governmental system?

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Ictoan Itkfae, May 2, 2014.

1. Ictoan Itkfae

Ictoan Itkfae Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +36
    Peace Family (my Black Brothers and Sisters,)

First, I hope that Sister Destee does not put this in the "Black People Politics" forum because this question is not necessarily about Black politics.

Now, I just wanted to ask this question because there seems to me to be much dissatisfaction among Americans with the American government's operations. Am I right? Are you satisfied with the American governmental system?

What do you think of the claim that the American government is the government "of, for, and by the People?" and did you know that the founding fathers of America said that if the American government goes off course it is the duty of the American people to change their government? What do you think of that saying from the founding fathers?

I'm not an enemy of the American government; I am not hostile to the American government; but I would like to see changes in the American government.

2. Deacs

Deacs Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +567
    no I don't like it... because it was not made for us along with many ethnic people... and also it was not made for their women in mind either.

and currently... I hate the party system, because due to it, people are blatantly ignorant of the issues which are all relative to each other regardless of race... but because of this religion of politics, they made it impossible to get anything done

and then you have the fact that they treat corporations as people...

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677

First ... put it in the right place to begin with ... don't hope anything ... don't disrespect the housekeeping rules ... don't give me extra work to do.

The thread is moved ... though i'm interested in hearing how you separate politics from government.

:heart:

Destee

4. SouthsideIrish

SouthsideIrish Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +348
    American government is so terrible I can't even find the words to express it.

5. Ictoan Itkfae

Ratings:
    +36
    Greetings Sir,

May I ask what don't you like about your government?

Ictoan Itkfae

6. Ictoan Itkfae

Ratings:
    +36
    Peace Sis. Destee,

I have to go but God-Willing I'll reply to this later.

Peace & Brotherly Love,
    Bro. Ictoan

7. SouthsideIrish

United States
    Ratings:
    +348
  8. SouthsideIrish

United States
    Ratings:
    +348
    End the space program...put men and women to work fixing our crumbling roads, levee's, bridges, water mains..etc.

We didn't have the money to secure our southern borders so now we spend 100 billion a year on illegals healthcare.

Pre kindergarden testing....if you don't know the name for an apple or car in English when shown a picture...try again next year...ESL is slowing down Amercian schools.

Test welfare receipts for drugs. You smoke crack? No money for you.

Do not give any nation....any nation...any money...we don't have it.

Stay out of international affairs.

Bring all the troops home.

Cooperate tax loopholes.

Off the top of my head.

9. CSmith

CSmith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +213
    Yeah, I probably disagree with everything you've said here for myriad reasons (at least partially). I'm debating whether to take the time to tackle them one by one.

10. CSmith

CSmith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +213
    These are huge questions. I'm disgusted with aspects of the American system, while at the same time I realize it can be a great system. The system was set up so certain things can be changed while some basic things will always remain the same unless you have overwhelming support.

The American government was "of, for, and by the People" with caveats. It was only for those who were actually deemed people. Slaves were not people, women were not people. Now that it has been amended to include every person you can actually attempt to say that with a straight face.

We can certainly change the course our government, but only if a majority of people support that course. Right now it's difficult to get people to agree on what color the sky is at any given moment. You have huge segments of the population who can't even agree on facts surrounding science. You have huge segments of the population who make choices based on thousands of years old biblical law.

As for specific things I would change, well, without going into detail I'll list a few things. If you REALLY want detail just ask for it on a specific issue.

Equal protection from discrimination for all Citizens.
    Universal Pre-K-12 Education for all students (citizens only) + exactly 4 years of higher education for every student who wants to attend college, paid for by public funding. Anything outside of that must be paid for privately.
    Ending of the drug war which has been institutionalized since the Nixon years. It is a disaster on every level and every Nobel-winning economist agrees. Even the harder drugs should be decriminalized, it is absolutely disgusting that we deal with addiction and recreational drug use in this way, not to mention hypocritical considering the prevalence of Alcohol usage.
    Downsize certain aspects of the military such as the wasteful spending on certain aircraft that has been proven to be a waste of billions of dollars. Downsize our military presence in certain areas of the world where it's not necessary. Specifically I would potentially cut around 50 billion from the military budget and hold that spending constant for the next couple of decades (I would have to look at the budget in depth, but there definitely is at least 50 billion in waste that could be cut).
    Double the budget for research and development.
    Increase NASA's budget by a factor of 10. For an explanation on why we should do so I refer you to Neil deGrasse Tyson:
    (please take the time to at least view this video if not both)

Amend the constitution to get money out of politics: wolf-pac.com
    Reverse the disgusting trend set by Republicans to stop minorities and young people from voting by rolling back early voting days and discriminating based on what form of identification you have. I would open up early voting for an extended period of time while increasing the time allowed to vote on election day to potentially multiple days, maybe even a week. Voting week sounds very nice.
    Fix the watered down regulatory system that lets Wall Street criminals off Scot free.
    Implement a regulatory system which is progressive and is not so heavy handed on small businesses sinks its teeth into businesses that even the government itself has deemed "too big to fail". The majority of jobs come from new businesses so we'll have to regulate while at the same time not placing burdens on small business.
    Increase the minimum wage to keep up with productivity.

These are just off the top of my head. I'm hesitant to go in depth.