Black Spirituality Religion : Are you Religious or Spiritual?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Ralfa'il, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    So many in our community are saying they reject religion and consider themselves spiritual.

I'm just the opposite.
    I can't get with the spirituality stuff...I just know I got a spirit.

But I gots to have me something down on paper that I can actually see and compare.

Personally, I need a concrete set of rules and principles that I can look at and know which way to go.

2. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    I think the key to alligning oneself with various titles, is having an understanding of what those titles mean, and where the come/came from.

The word "RELIGIOUS" is a latin word meaning to "restrain or hold back".

That is not a positive term in any sense of the word.

On the other hand, the term "SPIRITUAL" coming from the CAANANITE/PHOENICIAN (origin of Hebrew) QABALAH term "ZEPIROTH", means to "awaken one's Spirit".

Thus, the purpose of any Spiritual system that we chose to adhere to, is not to restrain our spirits, but to awaken, elevate, and enhance our spirits.

This is usually the difference between the Exoteric belief systems of the world (that most people adhere to), and their Esoteric counterparts that only the chosen few of this world understand and practice.

The former is the "religious", while the latter is the "spiritual".

And the latter is what I personally adhere to.

HOTEPU.

3. Ralfa'il

Ratings:
    +16
    Salaams.

I can respect that....

But once our spirits are "elevated"....then what?

We still have to work and eat and live in this world, and floating off into another one would just make it that much harder to function in this one.

We might as well believe in that proverbial "mystery god" or spook.

Now, I believe it's best to have a set standard.

Something CONCRETE....and written down on paper that we can all agree on or alter if necessary.

That way we're all on the same page and if I error, my sista can correct me and if I need an answer my brutha can direct me to the correct answer.

4. AUM

AUM Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Please speak for yourself.

5. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Circles merge when the line of intent crosses...intersects, the projected Ra(deus) I

6. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Thirteen of them!

7. Ralfa'il

Ratings:
    +16
    I think some of our people just opt out of religion because they don't want the responsibility of being held to a standard.

We have a problem with discipline.

In an established religion, you have a clear set of do's and don'ts in which a person can be held accountable for his or her actions.

Why can't I get drunk---that's your religion not mine!

Why can't I have children outside of marriage---that's your religion not mine!

Why can't I sell dope---that's your religion not mine!

Why must I feel shame for going in and out of jail---that's your religion not mine!

Why can't I marry my partner of the same sex---that's your religion not mine!

Why should I take responsibility for my actions---that's your religion not mine!

Only God can judge me!!!!

8. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Well, I tend to think, as long as a person is emotionally stable, their conscious will serve as the proper guide to what is right and wrong. If you feel guilt at an action, then you know it's wrong.

9. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    I'm trying to figure that out about myself..I'm spiritual right now. When/If I become religious..I'll share it with the family.

10. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace my brother,

Me personally, I feel all religions were set up to keep our minds captive.

- christians don't question what is taught to them & when they are stuck on a subject they say "let me pray on it" for a better understanding.

- Muslims don't question Qu'ran, they simply say "Allah (Allat) knows best" & go on about their businss.

- The Jews......................well u get my point.

This is enough evidence for me not to get involved with religion, but to build my spirit so that these religions can not pull me back down to their low level of conciousness so I can not communicate with those on other frequencies.

THe Qu'ran threatans you with Hell fire as well as the bible if you do not totally submit (become a slave to mans doctrine) yourself to be controlled by lies.......

To follow religion is to crush one's spirit or limit your spiritual potential. I don't care how long and hard you pray or how many of the slaveship captains Hymnals you sing. As we all should know most Hymns were written on slave ships as our ancestors would Humm tunes since we could not speak in our original languages without being killed for doing so. So one Hymnal says "& I couldn't hear nobody praying" .

I respect anyone who follows religion for they are at least searching for that higher power thru that chosen discipline. But, we don't need a book to get us to that higher power, all we need to do is close our physical eyes and search within. Both Bible & Qu'ran are His-story books as well as Hadith & with so many sects of each religion I would think that b4 a muslim bashs a Christian he/sh must first get their own house in order and vice versa.

The problem is not discipline, non-discipline is the result of dis-connection manifested thru dis-ease which is caused by a lack of justice in a system based on false religion and the suppression of true spiritual growth..........

I leave you in peace!