Black People : Are You REALLY proud of your African heritage?

Maybe you don't realize it, but you're only proving my point by trying to show historical references to West African people in other portions, as if their history in West and West-Central Africa is insuffienct in and of itself.

No, I'm not proving your point, which is an isolationist view, which does not even take into account the oral traditions of the people themselves.

For example, in the thread where you mentioned Mansa Musa. He is notorious for his pilgrimage to Mecca and being in possession of over 500 slaves. You are not taking into consideration the trans Saharan trade and culture, or what is known as Proto Saharan, which stretched in antiquity from the Chadic basic to the Nile valley.

Mansa Musa and the Keita clan, according to family tradition, descended from one of the sons of Bilal. Who was Bilal?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilal_ibn_Rabah_al-Habashi

Note, he was of Abyssinian descent, this is to say, an Ethiopian.

Step your game up bro and come with some research rather than unsubstantiated claims.

I done already covered most of this ground in previous threads.

Wow! Never thought the convo would go in this direction!
Peace,
I did. I absolutly love this site. I honestly do. But what I've found is that no matter how positive the thread starts out it will take a turn for the worse. Its disheartening and frusterating to weed through all the banter and inflated egos to get to the knowledge of the thread.

Peace,
I did. I absolutly love this site. I honestly do. But what I've found is that no matter how positive the thread starts out it will take a turn for the worse. Its disheartening and frusterating to weed through all the banter and inflated egos to get to the knowledge of the thread.

Unless you do the research and reach your own conclusions. Peace.

No, I'm not proving your point, which is an isolationist view, which does not even take into account the oral traditions of the people themselves.

For example, in the thread where you mentioned Mansa Musa. He is notorious for his pilgrimage to Mecca and being in possession of over 500 slaves. You are not taking into consideration the trans Saharan trade and culture, or what is known as Proto Saharan, which stretched in antiquity from the Chadic basic to the Nile valley.

Mansa Musa and the Keita clan, according to family tradition, descended from one of the sons of Bilal. Who was Bilal?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilal_ibn_Rabah_al-Habashi

Note, he was of Abyssinian descent, this is to say, an Ethiopian.

Step your game up bro and come with some research rather than unsubstantiated claims.

I done already covered most of this ground in previous threads.

By the way, speaking of previous threads, there have been many where these issues have been discussed and debated, and I will maintain the perspective from the following in regards to MY African heritage. I won't attempt to speak for anyone else since we are not monolithic and have variance of bloodlines and cultural/spiritual traditions.

www.destee.com/index.php?threads/where-did-humanity-began-in-africa.74898/page-4

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back