Black People : Are you ready to die?

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 2, 2009
theory to application to discussion to percussion
Occupation
independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
not spiritually.. but in a practical sense.

I'm not asking if you want to die.. I'm asking.. are you prepared?.. is your house in order? Is your business taken care of?.. or will your death be a huge burden for your family members?

Are your possessions organized?.. do you have a Will? Are your last wishes clear among your loved-ones? etc.. Have you thought about including Social media in your final arrangments?

I'm getting ready... and so I'm asking you: are you ready?

:11100: been ready.....

my Grandmother bought Cemetery plots for all of us when she was living. She did all kinds of planning and things for the family.. it's amazing how much she thought about all of us. But other than her, everyone else has not been ready.. their affairs have been messy and burdensome for their families to deal with.. and I was just thinking.. I don't want to do that to my family. It will be painful enough for them. In this era with video and internet and everything.. it's possible to put a video together with your final wishes.. it's possible to leave something of yourself to your family.. the things you've learned.. advice for the future.. apologies.. regrets.. it's possible to close every loop.. and to leave our families with.. at least.. clarity.. and understanding.

I would love to hear my Grandmother's voice again.. to hear her sing her favorite song.. or to hear her laugh.. even to hear her complain.. or just talk about anything.. her childhood in Alabama.. her life in California.. anything. We can give this of ourselves to our kids and grandkids and great-grandkids.. and on and on for generations. We can make our own Book of Proverbs.. and gather all the lessons of our life in a single place to be passed down. Our Artists leave us their art.. but what do we leave our families?.. other than money.. and grief..

am I ready? of course, we will always say we are, mentally ready...but how could we be ready for the unknown?

am I prepared? of course, the planning is there...preparations are made. I have siblings who hate the idea of my being cremated, but they'll deal with it. the unfortunate part of my circumstance is that my grandchildren are spread out...so, I don't see them as much as i'd like to. but I dedicated my first book of poetry to them...and I've written some personal things to them...but I never really thought about social media; that's an avenue I may want to explore. financially, my death won't be burdensome to anyone; insurance is plentiful. I try to ensure that the time I spend with my loved ones, is spent loving and enjoying them...so that, if I go over night, there are no hard feelings left to deal with. though, being the close knit family we are, I don't really worry about that.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back