Black Women : Are you ready for the challenge?

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by NNQueen, Jan 1, 2005.

1. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Sisters, as we enter a new year--2005--I am calling upon those of you who have a deep and genuine respect for yourselves and the Black community to personally make a vow to do something for yourselves and the community that is positive, productive, and self-fulfilling. No effort, great or small, will go unrecognized. There is no honor is being completely self-sacrificing sisters. Superwoman is a myth and she certainly is not our legacy nor burden to bear.

Make a conscious effort in 2005 to be kind and loving to yourselves. Pay close attention to your mental, physical and spiritual health. Make and take time out each day to meditate and be at peace in silence knowing that this is when your wisdom will flourish.

Protect and teach others to respect "my" time because you deserve no less. As mothers realize that children will always have needs, as wives and life partners, you should understand that husbands and boyfriends will always have needs--but so will you. It's not healthy to always put your needs last. It's okay my sisters to sometimes say "NO" and mean it without feeling guilty. Pray that you are given the guidance to know when it's right and time for you to do that.

Without you, my sisters, in a healthy state of mind, body and spirit, all is lost because you are needed in order to sustain life on this planet. Without you, the Black man that wants a Black woman as a life partner, will not survive. Without you, there will be no Black children to love, nurture and raise. In your ovaries lay the fruit of our future, waiting for the seeds to plant a beautiful Black garden.

Pray sisters for the courage to take the necessary steps up the ladder of life and to do so with confidence so that you will grow in the knowlege that you are doing it because you love yourself and your people.

Vow not to do things that harm your bodies. Do not ingest substances that could lead to your death or major illnesses. Women do not thrive in abusive relationships. Avoid them when possible, take careful steps to end them if you happen to be in one. We are not good mothers/wives/girlfriends if we don't like or respect ourselves. Surround yourself with other positive sisters and form a sister circle for support. Learn the difference between love and lust. Be honest with yourself and to others you come into contact with about who you are and what you want. Repel negativity that's around you because if you don't, it will eventually take hold of you. Don't support sisters/brothers that are obviously doing things that are wrong and harmful. Don't go along with things that you know are destructive.

May all of you thrive in the new year and be blessed with abundance.

Queenie :spinstar:

2. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    Quite a challenge NNQueen, a very important one indeed. Much of this has been on my mind as I try to improve myself and decide on what's best. Thank you for such a mindful thread. Happy New Year!!! Peace!

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    very deep challenge but meaningful one
    love to hear some sistas on this !

4. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Thank You Sister NNQueen!

It is not so long ago that I was captive of the superwomen spirit. Having put everyone needs before mines as if I wasn't important, or as if I didn't deserve to have some time set aside to just love me. I became broken down. My life was a repetious cycle of abuse that I inflicted on myself.

Today, I know that it is okay not to be so perfect in all areas of what is said to be expected of a women. Today, I know the comfort that I seeked was always inside of me. I just had to let it take its course.

Thank Sister NNQueen! As it is a constant struggle not to fall back into that superwomen scene, your reminder has reinforced my soul!