Black People : Are You Programmed ?

Are You Programmed?

• Total voters
jgyknowledge said:
Everybody else is right......we're all programmed to a certain extent.
yup

Its our awareness and intelligence that will offset some of the conditioning that we've been taught.

As a freethinker I've questioned every aspect of life I could think of.....
i started to doubt everything anybody said to me right after i discovered that "family" does not necessarily mean that "we all stick together through thick and thin" - that was back about the time my youngest brother and sister (twins) were due (seven years younger than me) and the 7 of us weren't gonna fit in a 2 bedroom house! (mom and dad, of course, shared a room; the middle sister ("youngest" at that point) was just about two so could sleep in their room; two oldest sisters shared bunk beds and the sister just younger than i had a small bed in with them; i slept on a fold away bed downstairs in the living room.) ok, sure; i could agree with that, but "family sticks together through thick and thin"! youngest older sister went to live with her mom. and some time after that, oldest sister went to live with her dad. years later, we found out that it was outside agitation from mom's only sister that lived out here (one other in boston and one in new york.)

well, once that one got blown, i realized that i had better thoroughly examine each and every thing that i encountered and determine the "truth" of it - came to find out that there was not a whole lot of "truth" in society!! rejected most everything anybody ever said until i had determined the validity thereof. and still do!! i don't pay no attention to none of it! that's why there ain't no tv or radio in my life. that's why i don't read the newspaper or listen to/watch the news. if it's important enough, it'll be in the global consciousness; otherwise it's just propaganda.

I've come to the conclusion that if you completely de-program yourself, that you won't fit into society. People will call you a weirdo and you'd have to move to Oklahoma and start your own religion.
well, ain't going that far ... yet .... but, yeah; i just don't fit. in fact, i had to try to get to the bottom of just why i didn't fit. and where is one supposed to turn for such? a "therapist" (the-rapist), right? never got to me; i wound up as a para-professional providing crisis management, case management, medication management, developed/acquired/managed/maintained complete computer networks for three different organizations ... and still didn't fit. looking around today; i still don't!!

another thing that "helped" me to break the programming was boot camp. all that hollering at ya; keepin ya running ragged; all them fellas that are as tripped out as you are by being shorn of hair and personal possesion is designed to break down any conceptions that one had before getting to boot camp. that was cool, as far as i was concerned! my brain just rejoiced at being freed of all the crap that had been implanted in the prior 17 years. and then it was like "well, i'll be glad to learn that, and do that; but this new "mental conditioning" you are trying to throw on me ain't playing!!" 14 months and i was out with an honorable discharge!! and a brain that was/is free to examine every thing clearly!! even, and especially, my own "stuff".

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back