Black Women : Are You Pretty with no Makeup, Weave, Wig, Perm ?

Are You Pretty with no Makeup, Weave, Wig, Perm ?

• Total voters
Destee said:
Sister Cursed Heart ... thanks for responding, but trust me, looking young is a wonderful thing! You may be lamenting it now, but you will come to Thank God for that one quality alone, as you are blessed to see the years pass by! :)

You know what yall ... since i've been wearing my hair natural, i look at those who don't in a whole different way. Oh gosh, i'm becoming jaded! :eeek: Not real jaded, like hating on other folk for being in the same place i was, or those in the process of their own personal journey to find and love their own selves ... nothing like that ... but jaded in the sense ... that i wonder, when i see Black women on television or in magazines, with their permed, bone straight hair ... i wonder ... do they feel fake at all? Do they realize that none of that "beauty" would be there, if they didn't alter themselves to get it? They probably don't, i know i never did, which is really amazing. I could never see any of this, while i was in it (wearing my hair permed), never even hardly thought on it.

I sometimes think ... we are such a fake people ... pretending our hair aint really nappy ... and yes, me too ... smh.

Reminds me of a thread i started, Worshipping False Idols.

:heart:

Destee

I've been natural for about 5-6 months now.
I am wearing micro's so I'm basically carefree.
I play with them,wet them,curl them,pin them up or let them run free like a rastafarian.
Now when they come out is another story.:darts:

spicybrown said:
So true. You can see some one looking busted one day, and next month, they look 40 @ 60. Plastic surgery is more common then we think.
Seriously, I pondered rhinoplasty back in school. Of course as a thin sister, it appeared more prominent. I wanted to reduce the height of the bridge on my nose and smooth out the ridge on it, until I found out that feature was envied and rare... so I said "fluck it, my nose is a part of my heritage... and if you wanna call me everything under the sun except for a Black girl... I'll be that!". We just neeed to learn to :heart: ourselves "as is", and screw whomever can't accept it

Peace

Peace

I'd settle for a tummy tuck and stretch mark removal.:pool:
I wouldn't want to change a thing on my face.
However because I constantly rub my eyes from my allergies the lids of my eyes are a bit darker.
I can't stand that!
Anyone have a solution for this?

cursed heart said:
I'd settle for a tummy tuck and stretch mark removal.
I wouldn't want to change a thing on my face.
However because I constantly rub my eyes from my allergies the lids of my eyes are a bit darker.
I can't stand that!
Anyone have a solution for this?
I see, removing excess weight is not nearly as dangerous as adding botox and implants. I considered lipo on my abs a few months ago, but I am starting to see the results of my exercise, and am glad I didn't dish out thousands for that!!!! Use cocoa butter 3 times a day on stretch marks and they'll gradually fade. There's this stuff called "Tub'O'Butter" in a tall 32 oz canister (?pure cocoa butter?) which clears up blemishes FAST! I had a friend bring some from New York and let me use some; in 1 week, my blemishes were gone 4 real, and skin was clearer than that of a 5 year old. I'm still searching for a beauty store that sells it.

I have the "raccoon" eyes naturally, so there's not much I can nor want to do to change it. Heck, I've been told numerous times that it is sexy and mystifying, so...

I knew some women from India who have HEAVY dark circles around their eyes, and I used to see them using witch hazel several times a day to rid the darkness, or plain bleaching cream; however, I wouldn't recommend the latter.

You may want to try allergy medicine to stop the itching so you won't have to rub your eyes... or just squint/blink really hard to relieve the itch.

Peace

I feel prettier without makeup... honestly...
when i wear makeup usually im covering up something.. weither it be how i feel that day.. or my untamed eyebrows that i havent plucked that i need to appear tamed..
thats just my take on things.. I love my wild hair.. and chinky eyes.. they represent all that has went into the creation that is me...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back