Black Women : Are You Pretty with no Makeup, Weave, Wig, Perm ?

Are You Pretty with no Makeup, Weave, Wig, Perm ?

• Total voters

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Sisters,

I was browsing the web and found this article, Beyonce's Wig Malfunctioned, and it made me wonder how this poll would go ...

Do you consider yourself pretty ... with no makeup, weave, wig, or perm ... pretty in the naked beauty that God gave you?

Do you consider yourself pretty then ... with none of the extra stuff added on?

I do think i'm pretty like that! :D ... i mean, i gotta comb my naps out and stuff, make sure everything is all lotioned up ... but yes ... i do think i'm pretty with none of that stuff and ... i rarely wear any of it. I think the last time i had makeup on (anything more than lipstick), was my daughter's graduation in May ... and then i had some mascara and eyeliner too. Don't misunderstand me yall, i aint no Beyonce (by any stretch of the imagination), but i think i'm pretty the way God made me, and i live this truth every day. I useta do the props all the time, so it's been a journey, my getting here ... but i am here now! :D ... and yes yes yes ... i think i'm pretty without ANY of that stuff! Yall feel me?

This also makes me think of something else too Sisters.

The whole plastic surgery industry! Oh My Gosh! Look at the hype that is being put into not wanting folk to love their own selves, the way God made them! This is almost sinful! Folk so nonchalantly changing and disliking what God gave. I'm talking, the stuff that is straight from God!

Reminds me of my ... Little Black Girls Are Ugly ... thread.

Anyway ...

Are you pretty when you have no make up, no weave, no perm, no wig, no none of that stuff?

Do you spend time with yourself, without those things?

Do you let others see you, without those things?

Do you even know your own self, without those things?

Please vote in the poll above, and share your thoughts below.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

If you have a pretty face you can wear just about any hair style.
The difference with me is when I don't wear make-up I look 17.
The make-up gives me a more mature look.
I have a pretty baby face so I try not to add too much.
My mother and ex-boyfriends use to tell me I looked like a baby.
That burns me up sometimes because I'm 30 !

Sister Cursed Heart ... thanks for responding, but trust me, looking young is a wonderful thing! You may be lamenting it now, but you will come to Thank God for that one quality alone, as you are blessed to see the years pass by! :)

You know what yall ... since i've been wearing my hair natural, i look at those who don't in a whole different way. Oh gosh, i'm becoming jaded! :eeek: Not real jaded, like hating on other folk for being in the same place i was, or those in the process of their own personal journey to find and love their own selves ... nothing like that ... but jaded in the sense ... that i wonder, when i see Black women on television or in magazines, with their permed, bone straight hair ... i wonder ... do they feel fake at all? Do they realize that none of that "beauty" would be there, if they didn't alter themselves to get it? They probably don't, i know i never did, which is really amazing. I could never see any of this, while i was in it (wearing my hair permed), never even hardly thought on it.

I sometimes think ... we are such a fake people ... pretending our hair aint really nappy ... and yes, me too ... smh.

Reminds me of a thread i started, Worshipping False Idols.

:heart:

Destee

No, Destee, I don't "feel" pretty without lipstick. I never go outside where anyone can see me without at least a little lipstick on. My face just seems gray and colorless without it. Now, I know I have plenty of color in my skin, but my face just seems so blah without a little lipstick. I rarely wear facial makeup and never wear mascara, wigs, weave, or anything like that. I've been told by men that I'm pretty without anything on my face, but I don't believe them.

I don't wear make-up ,ever, except for the rare occasion where I may slide on a lil lipstick since my lips are "pinkish", but cute... a trait that "you know who" has a patent on :lol: I have a natural coloration to my eyelids that give the illusion of maroonish eyeshadow, and red undertones that make the use of Blush obsolete. If I did wear makeup, it would take away from my flushed complexion, and even it out, which would take away the "illuminance", making me appear "dull".

As far as hair, I can do without all the weave; relaxers; and wigs, and do look better natural. However, with a longer face, I feel that longer hair suits my face structure, be it natural or straight. I've learned to beautify myself without all the extras. I figure if I can ace the natural look... imagine what I can do with the "extras". I love being natural, that way my sweetheart can run his fingers through my hair, and caress my skin without Brown smudges afterwards. Leaves a lot of room for fun, like going swimming spur of the moment, etc.

I :heart: me:)

As far as celebrities "faking it"; I always figured they had to appease their fanbase by altering their look to suit every one's liking. I never really understood ordinary women who do it ALL the time. Maybe they like it*shrugs*. I usually see the celebs in the tabloids looking plain with ordinary clothes on...some of them look a hot mess LOL. At least they strip the costume while offstage.

Peace

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back