Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Are you offended if someone calls your hair NAPPY?

First of all, I love Americans for how they talk, their issues, their solutions. I live now for a year in Morocco and look on in amazement at these terribly lovely and handsome light skinned NEGROES. They aint no whites in this here African country. pinks would not last a second in this here desert sun. Them is light brown, brown, very brown and black. 50 percent is prognastic, all have full lips and dark eyes. A few girls look like Pamela Anderson, but they is 100 percent African. No pink ancestors.

And we have the very black skinned straight haired Blacks over here. People always look at them. Velvetly Black skin, long strait hair, pointy nose and thin lips. They remind me of Black Indians, hindustani we have in Suriname, and do I love them. So many women cover their head and if its not for religion, its tradition, and you must cover your head against the sun. I see them adding another layer or a bathtowel on top of the fetching silk foulard they already wear. You cannot find out their hair structure. I tried a Black matrobe but she would not move the headscarf for me, but she was smiling anyway. Black, black husband hovering nearby...

Now I understand why men will take mothers tableclothe and tie it on their head, to get away from the intense ovenlike heat. Some women in Suriname straight their hair and it makes them look rich and pampered as we know how much this cost. I am not familiar with folks in SURINAME giving others grieve for having KROES haar. We laugh at anything nasty said about race indications, because we is Black, everybody is Black, we had better accept our big noses, huge behinds and yes, nappy hair.

First of all, I love Americans for how they talk, their issues, their solutions. I live now for a year in Morocco and look on in amazement at these terribly lovely and handsome light skinned NEGROES. They aint no whites in this here African country. pinks would not last a second in this here desert sun. Them is light brown, brown, very brown and black. 50 percent is prognastic, all have full lips and dark eyes. A few girls look like Pamela Anderson, but they is 100 percent African. No pink ancestors.

And we have the very black skinned straight haired Blacks over here. People always look at them. Velvetly Black skin, long strait hair, pointy nose and thin lips. They remind me of Black Indians, hindustani we have in Suriname, and do I love them. So many women cover their head and if its not for religion, its tradition, and you must cover your head against the sun. I see them adding another layer or a bathtowel on top of the fetching silk foulard they already wear. You cannot find out their hair structure. I tried a Black matrobe but she would not move the headscarf for me, but she was smiling anyway. Black, black husband hovering nearby...

Now I understand why men will take mothers tableclothe and tie it on their head, to get away from the intense ovenlike heat. Some women in Suriname straight their hair and it makes them look rich and pampered as we know how much this cost. I am not familiar with folks in SURINAME giving others grieve for having KROES haar. We laugh at anything nasty said about race indications, because we is Black, everybody is Black, we had better accept our big noses, huge behinds and yes, nappy hair.
I know I'm not focusing on hair type alone here, but you described the Black race in a way many African-Americans seem to have forgotten how too. You didn't separate us on our different hair types and skin-tones, but you only recognized and acknowledged these differences, while showing respect for the entire race. We've fallen from that lately, and at the worst time.

I not going to get deep about my decision to loc. it was really an issue of finance. I was spending thousands of $$$$$. A year on my hair and it was causing problems in my marriage. I told my husband I would stop and I wanted to start locing my hair. He went thru all the phases of locing with me. Supporting me so I didn't give up during the infant/ugly phase. He call them our Locs now.

Now, in my mature season of life I love my Locs. I don't have to make the decision what to do with my hair! I'm loving it. Loving it.

If I would tell a younger Black woman to try locing that would be the reason why.

Locing is a journey and that's how it ends.

Keeping it nappy or sporting so called natural do

I admit not being impressed by today's style obsessed takes on black identity etc

as was and is true

I also do contrast how some just front with what they truly represent

I know I'm not focusing on hair type alone here, but you described the Black race in a way many African-Americans seem to have forgotten how too. You didn't separate us on our different hair types and skin-tones, but you only recognized and acknowledged these differences, while showing respect for the entire race. We've fallen from that lately, and at the worst time.

What else is on your mind these days my good brother

That matters as well in 2015

fyi

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back