Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Are you offended if someone calls your hair NAPPY?

If someone slings it around like an insult, I'd probably feel insulted. :lol: This is especially if the person isn't black.

But if someone is just using it in conversation, not to insult but rather describe their or someone else hair, namely a black person, I'd just take it for what it is.
Why would you be insulted by that? that's a low-self esteemed issue. You mustlove it and embrace it not feel insulted, besides the proper term is wooly hair like sheep, the same texture hair has God and Christ don't be ashamed or feel insulted.

Why would you be insulted by that, that's a low-self esteemed issue. You love it and embrace not feel insulted, besides the proper term is wooly hair like sheep, the same texture hair has God and Christ don't be ashamed or feel insulted.

Brother, are you going to try to correct me in every post I make? :lol:

Low self esteem? Really now?:rolleyes:

Anyway, if it's used as an insult, why shouldn't I feel insulted? Shoot, it's my feelings. That doesn't mean I feel ashamed of my natural self, but I know they're out to make it a negative thing.

I have full lips, and if someone slings around "big lips" as an insult, should I not feel insulted for them trying to make what's natural to me a bad thing?

Brother, are you going to try to correct me in every post I make? :lol:

Low self esteem? Really now?:rolleyes:
That's my job, that's what being a good loving brother is all about.
Anyway, if it's used as an insult, why shouldn't I feel insulted? Shoot, it's my feelings. That doesn't mean I feel ashamed of my natural self, but I know they're out to make it a negative thing.
Its only an insult if you take it as such, people sometimes joke calling you crazy, do you feel insulted by it? or do you just laugh it off and move on. Its impossible for your hair to be use as an insult, its the greatest hair on the planet, you can do whatever you want with it, excuse me but I am about to name drop for a second, the Most High God and Christ has the same texture of hair as you do, what is there to be insulted about? all you have to do , is just correct them with a smile. If they say your hair is nappy, simply reply, "I love it," then tell "by the way proper term is wooly" let them know "educated people say wooly" I guarantee they won't try it again, and you will look good do it.

I have full lips, and if someone slings around "big lips" as an insult, should I not feel insulted for them trying to make what's natural to me a bad thing?
The Bible says answer not a fool according to his folly, ignore them or, just acknowledge the fullness of your lips, tell he or she they look good on you and be proud about it, but my point is you were created perfect, nothing in your body should be use as an insult unless you allow it to be so. the Black woman's body has been made to a mockery in this society because of the Jealousy and envy of the Oppressor, they hated them because they didn't have them, and brainwashed Negroes have followed their slave masters stupidity and make stupid jokes about their own bodies. Full Lips or big lips ,Nappy or wooly are blessings from God, like I said its impossible for them to be used as an insult unless you take it as an insult.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back