Black Positive People : Are You Leaving A Legacy?

Knowledge Seed

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 22, 2008
Atlanta, GA
We don't uplift and congratulate each other enough. I'm interested in learning about others on Destee on doing to make a positive impact on current and future generations of Black folks in America.

I'll start with myself: Just under 4 years ago, when I was a student at Atlanta Metropolitan College (AMC), I joined a program called the African-American Male Initiative. The goal of the program was to increase the collegiate graduation rate of Black males in GA. During one of our meetings, we were informed about an opportunity to join a nationwide organization called the Student African-American Brotherhood. Whoever joined, would be the founders of the AMC chapter.

Out of the 30 - 40 people that consistently attended the AAMI meetings, only 7 -8 wanted to learn about SAAB.

During my years there, only about 5 - 6 of remained apart of SAAB. We were a small, tight-knit group.

It looked like the organization would die off after we all left. Fortunately, that didn't happen.

This is the legacy I have left so far as founding member of Atlanta Metropolitan State College's Student African-American Brother (alternatively called Brother-2-Brother or B2B)

We don't uplift and congratulate each other enough. I'm interested in learning about others on Destee on doing to make a positive impact on current and future generations of Black folks in America.

I'll start with myself: Just under 4 years ago, when I was a student at Atlanta Metropolitan College (AMC), I joined a program called the African-American Male Initiative. The goal of the program was to increase the collegiate graduation rate of Black males in GA. During one of our meetings, we were informed about an opportunity to join a nationwide organization called the Student African-American Brotherhood. Whoever joined, would be the founders of the AMC chapter.

Out of the 30 - 40 people that consistently attended the AAMI meetings, only 7 -8 wanted to learn about SAAB.

During my years there, only about 5 - 6 of remained apart of SAAB. We were a small, tight-knit group.

It looked like the organization would die off after we all left. Fortunately, that didn't happen.

This is the legacy I have left so far as founding member of Atlanta Metropolitan State College's Student African-American Brother (alternatively called Brother-2-Brother or B2B)

Yes, I do hope and pray your group makes a positive impact, but me and mine weren't always competing for minds of others, i. el, up against a white capitalist media hyped (and white status quo condoned) kneegrow plagued pseudo 'street life' subculture...

We make our choices...

Let one and all be upftont about that too.

Let's do keep it real...

FYI...

:10200:

Right now brother I'm in the works on many different levels with 5 different goups/ organizatons and brotherhood
and pushing my own movement forward which take up a great deal of my time now , but i will say that we are
making waves (BREAKIN Da CHAIN) and (BMCSW) is in stride making changes , turning some brothers around
with different outlook , we fighting for the rights to stop being profiled by our skin color , we speak out in our
Neighborhood.....we have set up Block Watch, Town Watch, Crime Watch – whatever the name, it's one of the
most effective and least costly ways to prevent crime against us as a people... We taking care of each other, there
is still a very long way to go , I've spoken at centers, a few schools and on public ground with some great leaders
brothers and sisters , it is still my hope and goal to bring forth a powerful group of brothers and sisters right here
at destee from online and across the horizon of us to form a movement that will protect our own and our youth, I
will break bread into a wider scope later once i make some major progress with facts and deeds that will show a
total collective upliftment for my people......

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back