Black Spirituality Religion : Are You Committing Idolatry When You Pray to Jesus?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by river, Dec 21, 2006.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    We know that Jesus was not the man's real name. His name was Yeshua. People say their prayers are answered when they pray in the name of Jesus. This leaves me wiith the impression that it really doesn't matter whose name you pray in but the Creator will look at your heart. If it mattered whose name we pray in then praying in the name of Jesus wouldn't work. We'd have to pray in the name of Yeshua.

In my experience and insperience we don't have to pray in anyone's name. Just pray. Then tell the truth, How many of your prayers that have gone up in the name of Jesus are still unanswered? It may take a little courage to find out that it really doesn't matter.

2. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    As a young girl I never prayed to jesus.
    I couldn't understand why people did when you can pray to GOD.

3. VirgoMistress

VirgoMistress Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +24
    River I too have been having the same questions. It seems like it's just embedding in all that I do. I'll catch myself blessing my food in the name of Jesus! I was raised in a Pentecostal COGIC home and most of the time would pray my butt off as a child praying to Jesus, and it still wouldn't work.

But I digress because I really am so confused as to why people want to say there is a set secret formula to a relationship with God...

*goes back into lurk mode*

4. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Prayer is suppose to change the inside or soothe the calls from a troubled heart towards FAITH. This has to HAPPEN if prayer is used to change the outside.

That is how the ancients USED IT.

That is one key to how prayer works.

If you are praying TO Jesus, then that helps Jesus not YOU.

Because your Creator is inside of you, your the CREATOR'S LIVING TEMPLE or better yet the CREATOR is a LANDLORD representing EVERTHING GOOD.

If so then this Jesus must abide in YOU (inside) not OUTSIDE of YOU.

5. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    Better yet!

Why pray to a substitute?

The "One GOD Consciousness" is all that's needed and this force lies within each and every individual!

I am Fine1952 & I approve this message!

6. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317

It matters to pray in the Son's Name, for He spoke this word to us, and He only speaks truth.

To say it doesn't matter says what He has told us doesn't matter, and that's not so. All He has told us, in prophecy and teachings, matters for our life and redemption, just as all He has done for us, in His sacrifice of the body, and His resurrection to life eternal, matters for our justification and salvation.

It's not idolatry to pray in the Son's Name, for He is of the Father and told us to do so, and the Father hates idolatry, so He does also. By having faith and believing with trust, I believe the Father makes it known without any confusion or misunderstanding, why all these things matter.:)

7. LMagere

LMagere Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +77

To me the problem with prayers is I don't see them being answered. It is obvious that most all of us can agree that certain levels of suffering are not acceptable or useful. Why should a baby have cancer etc.. Yet who ever people chose to pray to this suffering continues. This for me results in multiple problems if you want to believe and pray to anything. If there is a god or gods all the evidence points to indifference to suffering. This could however explain why god would have no problem with the concept of hell. I ask you, are you OK with just watching someone burning in excruciating pain for eternity.

As for praying to Jesus being idolatry, it all depends on who you think Jesus is and where he is. In heaven watching over you, or in the statue and places you pray. With religion everything is very murky so that churches, places, statues, and books seem to take the form of idols,

If you burn this book we will kill you
    This is holy ground step on in with shoes we will kill you
    Pray by this statue and you will be cured
    Pray in this church so god can hear you

Etc……

8. KingSango

KingSango Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +389
    What if Jesus never existed? I mean we know his real name in Hebrew is Yeshua, but did a messiah come or is He yet to come?

9. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    It is inconceivable for me to ever pray to a demi-God that never existed in the first place.

10. KingSango

KingSango Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +389
    Yes, there's plenty of evidence that suggests Jesus never existed more than he ever existed, if that makes any sense. Well we know Jesus never existed because there was never anyone by that name who was a Hebrew, as the name isn't Hebrew. It is said the 5 books of Moses are actual translation of Hebrew text and the Gospel a complete fabrication put together by a commission of writers the Roman Emperor Constantine ordered. Most of it paints not a savior in a practical way like Yeshua, Joshua or David were in the books of Moses but a mythical figure who didn't obtain his revolutionary goals. So this Jesus becomes a spook figure pointing not to an earthly kingdom but a non-existent kingdom in the never lands. It was said that this Gospel intent was to brainwash people against resistance to tyranny instead become docile, accept your oppression and you will be rewarded with eternal life. This worked out well for the Romans who were facing resistance all over to their demonic rule, their empire had collapsed into four parts because even Roman citizens were unhappy with its existence. The Romans were a corrupt lot, warring with each other once their power became absolute, yes Rome was mighty and its own weight is what crumbled it.