Black Entertainment : Are You Boycotting The Remake of Roots Tonight?

Let us be fair and honest about the present level of consciousness of our people in general and other activists in particular...

As was also true A Birth Of A Nation (film), the remake of Roots (TV MINI SERIES) is a revisionist retelling of the history of race relations in this nation...

I praise those original producers and writers of the first series:

Only time will tell us what truly motivates the remake!!!

fyi

GREETINGS & GTSY CHUCK....

IVE ALWAYS HELD ALEX HALEY IN HIGH ESTEEM.....AND I ALWAYS WILL...

THE MAN WROTE THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF MALCOLM X.....A BOOK I WILL ALWAYS TREASURE...

BUT....I GOTTA ADMIT......IVE HAD COUNTLESS FIGHTS CONCERNING THE VALIDITY OF HIS BOOK, ROOTS......AND THE TIMING OF THOSE ACCUSATIONS CLAIMING HIS BOOK TO BE FALSE........THEY CAME RIGHT AROUND THE TIME WHEN TIGER WOODS AND THE WILLIAMS SISTERS WERE KICKIN BUTTS , MAKING THEIR MARKS.....IN TWO SPORTS WHITE PPL LOVE DEARLY...

I FOUND THAT SPECIFIC TIMING......VERY SUSPICIOUS.....

THERE WERE ENDLESS FORUMS ALL OVER THE INTERNET IN THE EARLY 2000'S , ALL OF THEM WERE RACIALLY TRASHING TIGER WOODS AND THE WILLIAMS SISTERS....WITH PHOTOS OF THEIR BODIES IN ACTION WITH GORILLA AND MONKEY FACES ON THEM.....AND IN ALL OF THESE FORUMS (13-plus) , THEY WERE MAKING CLAIMS THAT ALEX HALEY WAS A FRAUD , ADDING THAT ROOTS WAS PURE FICTION...

IT JUST DIDNT MAKE SENSE TO ME.....WHY EVEN BRING UP ALEX HALEY OR ROOTS....AFTER 25 PLUS YEARS ?....WITH NOTHING BUT HIGH EMOTIONAL SARCASTIC CLAIMS, WITH NO REAL PROOF WHATSOEVER ?

I REMEMBER THE IMPACT ROOTS HAD ( i was in elementary school back then ) .....WHITE FOLKS EVERYWHERE WERE NERVOUS , WHILE BLACK FOLKS ENJOYED LAUGHING AT WHITE FOLKS......SHARING STORIES OF FEAR....

REGARDLESS WHAT THEIR MOTIVES ARE FOR THIS NEW ROOTS.....WE ALL KNOW THEY ARENT INTERESTED IN GIVING BACK WHAT THEY TOOK FROM US...

TO BE HONEST CHUCK....IF THERE WERENT SO MANY SELL-OUTS IN HOLLYWOOD.....THEY COULD HAVE PUT SOME MONEY TOGETHER AND MAKE A POWERFUL REMAKE OF THE BEST GET-WHITEY MOVIE EVER MADE ---> " THE SPOOK WHO SAT BEHIND THE DOOR "

We all know they would not show a movie in the theaters about Nat Turner, Toussaint L'Ouverture, or Denmark Vesey. They will show us protesting, marching, and preaching about our desire for freedom and equality, but actually showing us fighting for it is a no go.

Also, I've taken African history classes and read books about the oppression of us during slavery. I prefer to read our stories written by our own scholars, instead of viewing what others present about our stories biased with their own outsider view. I do not need Hollywood's skewed view on our past to learn about what our people suffered from due to capture, middle passage, sales, family breakups, and brutality at some Caucasians' hands.

BTW, I have not seen the NWA movie. The story was not important, and besides I was living in Los Angeles when they were making it big as gangster rappers. Even then, I preferred Public Enemy, KRS-One, and Run DMC to west coast rappers that focused more on portraying the gangster life. One good reason for that was because I already knew the gangster life via my Step-Father's family. I was actually shot at because of being near certain members of his family that were involved in that life. The incidence was enough to finally convince my mother to allow me to move back East with her family.

I understand, but books written by the enemy is just as bad if it doesn't tell the truth. Also a picture is worth a 1000 words, I wonder if reading about the Atlantic Slave Trade had the same impact as seeing it?

e73b37d821149d7616f558d21cda1eac.jpg african coffel.jpg

You can read all day and never understand until you see it. And speaking of reading books....

‘Workers’ or slaves? Textbook maker backtracks after mother’s online complaint.
In calling slaves “workers” and their move to the United States “immigration,” she noted in viral Facebook posts Wednesday and Thursday, the textbook suggests not only that her African American ancestors arrived on the continent willingly, but also that they were compensated for their labor.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...er-backtracks-after-mothers-online-complaint/

But thanks for your response I enjoyed it, and it was on point:toast:.

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back