Black Spirituality Religion : Are you better than another...?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Auroraflower, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Auroraflower

Auroraflower Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +35
    Me personaly wanted to say and share this...

Somthimes people put out so much critisizm to Teachers ,Diciples,Characters,Writters out of the bibel...our just people in general who try to bring the word of god......or whom just try to do the good in gods eyes..Or just people who want to share Knowledge...

They get stuck by faults they make in their personal life......
    and they dont listen to the message they send out...
    People forget that they are people to...

Somethimes they even come with so called facts or proves....
    of those person while we forget...
    that not nessesarely all facts and proves even on paper are treu.....
    People can do a lot evil to hide the truth...

If someone comes to me today and says...

It is proven that african people Dont have dicapline...
    and Chinese people can breakdance good...

i dont eat it ,based on what ? Numbers ? meanings ? Human judges?

Its good to correct others and is a must somthimes,
    but always remind ....

that no one NO ONE is PERFECT!...

and always ask yourself.....

are you better than another...?

Loveauroraflower:heart:

2. Auroraflower

Ratings:
    +35
    silents is always good

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

Loveauroraflower:heart:

3. imhotep06

imhotep06 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Web Applications Developer
    Ratings:
    +106
    It's really hard to follow your post. I don't think people have a beef with figures or ideologies as long as they do not profess that their way is the only way to salvation or liberation.

This is the error posed by Islam and Christianity. If the two didn't profess that, then no one would care. You don't hear Hindus or Buddhist or Dogon priests claiming their way is the only way to know God or what not. You just won't see it. But the Abrahamic religions make these bold claims and when asked to defend their position, they choke up and get defensive. Don't make claims to the world you can't prove.

The problem with African people is we are personality driven people. WHen Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr. died, it should have been at least 20,000 people to take their places because they were inspired by their methodology. But that wasn't the case. We just waited for another savior and this is what kills us.

So we should not be so focused, as you say, on who the leader is, but the message. But at the same time, no leader is above critique. Critique helps you to fine tune your ideology and practices and as a leader, you have to be open to it so your methodology can be as flawless as possible.

4. Auroraflower

Ratings:
    +35
    right ...

and critics is good as long as you always realize by giving the critic..
    that no one is perfect and that everyone is searching for the thuth ,
    and that we need god to help us understand .....(and eachother ,that is why i am and stay open to what other have to say i always want to listen ,i seek trough and behold the good)(that is why some peopel in different kind of churches can not always understand me loooooooooooooool they find me strange , because they can not fit me in .....because i want to follow him and not people ,i like to listen to them yes ,i have to because he speak trough whom he wants )

cause somthimes it is all so clear and somthimes in the moment not...

by the way i do believe there is someone who saves "'God ""and sends his son But that is for me the truth and light in live for me.....but that is what i believe....

i can never make someone believe...

cause believing is personal..

i can only share....

and bring the word ...

and than leave it...

and stay in the love....

thanks for responding,:heart:
    and i understand you ,much love:heart:

loveauroraflower:heart:

5. NeterHeru

NeterHeru Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    You're making the personal universal.

Auroraflower,

First let me say I love your name; there's a certain serenity, which seems to emanate from the conceptualization and pronunciation of your name, and I thank you for this emanation.

Regarding the topic I agree with you that criticism is good as long as "you always realize by giving the critic," and the implication no one is without fault. However, where we disagree is respecting your beliefs concerning truth and perfection. For although "believing is personal" and you "can never make someone believe" what you believe, the beliefs you have on truth and perfection have been expanded into the realm of universality.

That is, your usage of the term "everyone," and statement "we need" simply invalidate the individuality of your beliefs, by rendering them applicable to all people. Therefore, if you personally believe that your beliefs are wholly yours and cannot be forced on others to believe as yourself, how then can you unequivocally state, "that everyone is searching for the truth" and "need god to help us understand . . .?” I understand your points but your presupposition that all people are in need of the truth and the biblical god to help us understand this truth is universally false, since it's personally specific.

Simply put it is an illogical claim that an individual's personal beliefs are applicable to all people existing within the world today. The kind of truth you are referring too is a personal truth and not a pre-conceived existing one. For example a personal truth is seeking the 8-fold path in Buddhism to attain enlightenment, while a pre-conceived existing one is that all human beings need air to live. The former truth is conditional, temporal, and introspective, whereas the latter is unconditional, fixed, and unreflective.

The same is factual respecting the notion that human beings need Yahweh, Christ Jesus, and Allah for understanding life itself: It is a known fact--not a belief--that human beings do not need the latter deities to understand truth in and of itself, of their own reality, to exist outside of ignorance. This I am saying with no intended personal offense to you, but just as a practical fact and truth of human reality. Certainly I totally agree with your basic premise, which I have already cited above, however I cannot accept the presuppositions used to justify this basic premise, since it unjustly imposes your beliefs on others.

6. dattaswami1

dattaswami1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10

Jesus told that the more you keep yourself down, the more you will be raised by God.

My dear devotees! Realize that submissiveness (Vinaya) is the divine fruit of the divine knowledge (Vidya Dadati Vinayam). The egoism and jealousy are the harming insects for the knowledge-plant. Jesus told that the more you keep yourself down, the more you will be raised by God. But My friends! Do not down yourself expecting the corresponding raise!! God is omniscient and knows your hidden expectation. You should keep yourself always in the lowest possible state with all sincerity. Lord Datta who is the king of all the spiritual preachers appeared as the most ignorant cobbler before Shankara and submissiveness is the real sign of Lord Datta who is the solidified divine form of divine spiritual knowledge (Prajnanaghanah…Veda).

At the Lotus Feet of His Holiness Sri Dattaswami

Anil Antony

7. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,319
    I think I can get this; don't forget your own faults when pointing out someone else's. This is much like what the Holy Son stated when He told us to get the beam out of our own eye before trying to get the mote out of another's. It keeps us from being hypocrites, like the Pharisees were, which the Holy Son warned us to never be like.

This is a wise teaching to live by forever, for salvation, for life.

Also, I believe within the congregation of the Holy Son of the Father, it isn't about trying to b better, but trying to be an example to anyone seeking to improve. You may be worse off in any other matter, but that which you do well in, don't shy away from being an example to your brother and sister, so that they may do well, also. And they likewise should do the same for you. :)