Black Spirituality Religion : Are You An Innocent By-stander in Your Own Life?

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
When my father was a child, his father told him and his brothers they couldn’t smoke until they were 13. So on his 13th birthday, my father lit a cigarette and walked across the kitchen where his father was sitting. Of course, his father couldn’t say anything. My father continued to smoke for twenty years until a dentist told him he was pre-cancerous. Because he wanted to live, my father decided to stop smoking. He fought first against the physical addiction and then against the psychological addiction. He didn’t go to Church. He didn’t pray. He didn’t read the Bible. And he didn’t blame his father for allowing him to smoke in the first place. He just made a decision based on the reality set before him.

Yet, there are so many people who sincerely believe in Christianity and want God to help them.. Yet, instead of delivering them from their addictions, God becomes their excuse for not dealing honestly with their problems. “God knows my heart.” “I‘m not perfect. I‘m just forgiven.” “God will deliver me in His time.” I have a neighbor who has cirrhosis of the liver. With glory in his eyes, he assured me that he won’t live long. The glory came from his strong belief that he is on his way to Heaven. He and his wife continue to drink and smoke, even though she has lung cancer.

People will do what they want to do regardless of what they believe or don’t believe. Perception is reality, so if we give God credit for our successes or blame the devil for our failures, that will be our perception and thus, our reality. When all is said and done, the decision is ours how we will live our lives.

Are you using God as an excuse? Do you refuse to take responsibility for your life? Are you waiting for God to do for you what you were given the power to do? You don’t owe me or anyone else an answer to these questions. You can tell people anything. At the end of the day, what matters is the honesty with which you answer these questions for yourself.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back