Black Spirituality Religion : Are You an Authority on How Others Should Live?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Destee, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Peace and Blessings Family,

We are so quick to tell someone that their life, beliefs, hopes, etc., are all wrong.

Yet ... i've not seen any irrefutable evidence proving you are qualified to make such assessments.

So ... for those who think they can tell another how they should or should not live, believe, worship, etc ... please tell me ...

What makes you an authority?

Are you a self appointed authoritarian?

Do you come by way of some great scholarship?

Who anointed you the teller of other men and women, how to live?

What training have you had, that sets you up and above others?

What qualifies you ... from the next person ... to tell another person ... how they should live?

Especially considering, all of us are in the same sinking boat.

Please help me with this.

Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

2. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    same thing I be asking myself when people start with the "You" this and "you" that..followed by what ever label or judgment on my character they have come up with :10500:
    telling me what "i need to do" or what's "wrong" with me...AS IF...they KNOW ....

M.E.
    :hearts2:

3. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
  4. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Brother Keita ... i knew exactly what i wanted my question to be. For you to come in and say the question should be something else, is ridiculous, dismissive, and almost demeaning, as it suggests that i don't have the wherewithal to figure out what i want my own question to be. Now, if you want to ask a different question, or ignore mine, feel free, but don't tell me what i should be asking.

I still stand by what i've said. I have yet to see irrefutable evidence that you or anyone else is qualified to badger another into living how you think they should.

If you're able to produce such evidence, even a semblance of it, i'll be moved to reconsider this position.

Whatever it takes to answer the question, you must not have it, cause you aint answer it.

It's a simple and direct question, and is worthy of a simple and direct answer.

If one is elevated to critique the lives of others, tell them how to live, seems they'd be able to easily answer simple and direct questions.

I was speaking specifically about those within this community, that want to tell others within this community, that their life choices are wrong, etc. I can't get to those outside this community, for running into all of the battles within. I suppose at some point we'll get past fighting each other, demeaning each other, tearing each other down, so we can address those outside this community that may be impacting us negatively.

I consider us being in the same boat, because no matter how knowledgeable any one of us might be, in spite of the fact that some lay claim to wisdom on high (or low), collectively our people are dying, incarcerated, economically depressed, mistreated, hungry, all of that. Now, you may be in some different collective boat than the rest of us, which is why you say we're not in the same boat ... and if that is the case ... i'm happy for you.

What makes your scholarship so much greater than the next Brother's, when our people continue to die daily?

How are you gauging the greatness of your scholarship, when it isn't stopping Black Babies from starving to death, and Black Men from killing each other?

What gauge are you using that makes your scholarship so great?

Destee

6. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    We need to stop making a deity out of Willie Lynch by using religion as an excuse to divide us.

There was already a post made by management regading attacking each others religion, but for some it has become more then a hobby, it has become a sport and a video game, t played with great enthusiasm

7. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    Greetings Sister Destee:

If our perception is that "we" are all on the sinking boat, then ur word is "born", and you will indeed be what and where you think...

as a man/woman thinketh, so is he/she

With regard to the questions, I can't answer them because I don't wear that size shoe, but what I am moved to say is that leadership is by example, life is about growth, and GOD is about Love

With regard to all of us, our life experiences, which are validated by our existence and level of self awareness, makes each and everyone of us qualified to teach one another

The burden is when one is "playing" the role of student the ability to filter what is balance, and what is in opposition to that which brings the spirit closer to the nirvana state that has been forgotten

so in essence we are all qualified to participate in learning and growth, or ignorance and destruction, preferably the former as opposed to the latter.

I love you Sister

Much peace and many blessing.

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Sister MrsLady ... Hey Sweetie ... how are you? Long time. Good to be sharing in a discussion with you again.

Yes Sister, i agree ... "sinking boat" ... is strong ... but the reality of our collection condition is dire, would you not agree? Black Men are dying every single day, at the hands of other Black Men. Black Babies are starving. Our people are the most economically oppressed throughout the world. I don't know how much worse it can get, before we are actually all under water, drowning. Some are living in a "gasping for air" environment already, just trying to make ends meet. I know it's not all of us, but collectively, i'd bet it was the majority of us.

So yeah, "sinking boat" is strong, but i don't think it's too strong in conveying the context of the situation. I could use some pretty, flowery words to describe the reality of our condition, but that wouldn't make it any less dire.

Sister ... what word or phrase would you use, in describing our current collective condition in this world?

Yes Sister, i agree that we are all teachers and students, at any given time, but this whole energy of folk actually believing that what they are teaching is greater than what the next person is teaching ... when we are all living in the same collective condition ... blows my mind.

Yes, there is some value in what everyone says, but to go so far as to put down another's path ... that's taking it to another level ... that goes beyond teaching and being a student ... it's arrogance, harassment, and a host of other words that do not include teacher ... unless the goal is to teach us how to further tear our people apart.

People coming up to the table, acting all holier than thou, as though they have never sinned, never fallen short, never erred ... ready and willing to point out all of the shortcomings and errors in another's life, never putting their own on the table ... just typing this, the word hypocrite comes to mind.

How can someone act as though they are so great, knowing they've done low down dirty things, but want to point to other people's so called low down stuff.

Fake Fake Fake.

That's what that is.

Sister MrsLady ... i love you ... thank you for everything.

Destee

9. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    If I had to describe our collective conciousness the word I would use sadly enough is "ignorant"

I agree with you on most of your points made here, and I often ponder these days on how we as a people, meaning "human beings" can come to an understanding to exactly what a "birth right" is

Sometimes Sister Destee, the most "selfless" act although it may seem "selfish", is put all of you perceived "worry" into yourself, and your soul, because that can transform others by the example that is set.

I really beleive that others' that have not over the course of time grown really require no more effort, because it is clear that they have no desire or intent to change

so a personal choice must be made

grown or remain stagnant, and allow someone to pull you down on that ship they on

It has been my pleasure to be here, and remain here, and grow here

get banned here, come back here, and watch myself transform

it is a process

things always seem a certain "way", but the rhythm of your own heart always leads you to paradise

I am humbled at your thanks, appreciate you love, cipher it back, and always am blessed at the exchanges we share.

Much Love

10. blkbutterfly41

blkbutterfly41 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +483
    Amen !!!