Black Men : Are You a Male or a Man?

This is why I stay out of the Black Men - Brothers - Warriors section because we were in the 'Black Chat' area and we all spoke about such issues of women coming into the men area where they are not supposed to be.

This is the brutha's section and we have to keep it as such. The question is good but this is a question we have to ask ourselves without interference.

I mean this with love and respect - there is a section for the women as this is the section for men.

Peace

Ru2religious

sigh

There is nothing wrong with a female coming into the male section asking the brothers a legitimate question

:11900:

I would say that the perspective is a bit eurocentric too. But I would probably take a different spin. I would say that there are men. . .and males who have not quite matured into men.

We have spoken about this before. Many of us are males who have been raised by a generation of women. Many don't know quite how to be men. . .they only know how to be taken care of and coddled to.

"...Manhood, as I have stated in previous columns, is firmly rooted in training and discipline.

One may be male by birth, but becoming a man is a journey which a male must make in order to realize, not only his full potential, but to become a benefit to his home, church, community and general society in general.

Manhood, as I have started, also requires an unwavering loyalty to the truth, regardless of public opinion, personal thought, family critiques, or historical revisionists.

The sole purpose of "The Manhoodline Line" is to help men become better, instead of bitter......

Are you Man or a Male?

1. A man does not carry a grudge. A male looks for ways to get even.

2. A man takes every opportunity to better himself. A male complains that he has to stay where he is.

3. A man gives to his community. A male takes from his community.

4. A man is measured by his character. A male is measured by his sex drive.

5. A man is a protector of women in general, and committed to one woman in particular.

A male views women as chattel, and is not committed to any one woman.

6. A man is secure in his Manhood, and is striving to help other Men realize that same security.

A male is not secure in his Manhood, and uses the gun, knife, club or pipe to tear down other individuals.

7. A man has established a firm relationship with God, church, and other godly men.

A male uses the church for his own gain, shuns godly council and training, and seeks God only when trouble comes.

Mike Ramey

Ramey is a syndicated columnist, minister and journalist and his monthly column has nearly 2 million readers across the US, Canada, and the Bahamas. Letters Welcome from friend or foe alike. Drop a line to The Manhood Line, c/o Mike Ramey, PO Box 20131, Indianapolis, Indiana, 46220 or email manhoodline@yahoo.com http://mypages.netopia.com/manhoodline. Copyright 2000 Barnstorm Communications (11)

January 2001

Great goals to shoot for, but remember a man is but dust until he is reborn spiritually by the holy spirit. I applaud your work but let's not forget without God we are as dust.

"...Manhood, as I have stated in previous columns, is firmly rooted in training and discipline.

One may be male by birth, but becoming a man is a journey which a male must make in order to realize, not only his full potential, but to become a benefit to his home, church, community and general society in general.

Manhood, as I have started, also requires an unwavering loyalty to the truth, regardless of public opinion, personal thought, family critiques, or historical revisionists.

The sole purpose of "The Manhoodline Line" is to help men become better, instead of bitter......

Are you Man or a Male?

1. A man does not carry a grudge. A male looks for ways to get even.

2. A man takes every opportunity to better himself. A male complains that he has to stay where he is.

3. A man gives to his community. A male takes from his community.

4. A man is measured by his character. A male is measured by his sex drive.

5. A man is a protector of women in general, and committed to one woman in particular.

A male views women as chattel, and is not committed to any one woman.

6. A man is secure in his Manhood, and is striving to help other Men realize that same security.

A male is not secure in his Manhood, and uses the gun, knife, club or pipe to tear down other individuals.

7. A man has established a firm relationship with God, church, and other godly men.

A male uses the church for his own gain, shuns godly council and training, and seeks God only when trouble comes.

Mike Ramey

Ramey is a syndicated columnist, minister and journalist and his monthly column has nearly 2 million readers across the US, Canada, and the Bahamas. Letters Welcome from friend or foe alike. Drop a line to The Manhood Line, c/o Mike Ramey, PO Box 20131, Indianapolis, Indiana, 46220 or email manhoodline@yahoo.com http://mypages.netopia.com/manhoodline. Copyright 2000 Barnstorm Communications (11)

January 2001

I can agree with these differences....Bro. Ramey is a Christian man and his teachings come from that perspective and Biblically.

Even those who are non-Christian will most likely find some points in this they can agree with as well.

I can identify with Bro. Ramsey's post. There are some good points there.

I realize that we are all works in progress. Some are there, some are in process of getting there.

I get tired of the question, at times. Genetically, Im male. A man?
Eh. I leave that for others to decide, because the criteria varies. Im not gonna second-guess myself, engage in self -doubt or get into wild self-promotion.

I think what's more important is that I remain vested in our families, our communities and our world.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back