Black People : Are You A Leader?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by dnommo, Feb 1, 2002.

1. dnommo

dnommo Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher of English, Literature & Poetry
    Ratings:
    +15
    I originally wrote this as a haiku but i wanted to see people's thoughts, so here goes:

"IF THE WHOLE WORLD TODAY DECIDED TO FOLLOW YOU...WHERE WOULD YOU LEAD THEM?"

THINK ABOUT IT...

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    simple Mr.D

I'll lead them where theirs no more pain
    where everyone heart is love
    i'll lead them to a place many not know off
    i'll cross them in open minds to feel
    leading them to respect and honor
    leading them to a more understanding
    i'll show them how to comfort
    i'll lead them to better living for our children
    i'll lead them from proverity
    i'll lead da world into GOD'S hand
    for his son written word speaketh of
    everlasting life eternally
    i will walk them into da church for personal saviour
    i would tell da world no money needed to live
    just open heart & love needed ............but thats if it
    was me !:)

3. dnommo

United States
    Ratings:
    +15
    HMMM...pretty big goals from the both of you...this is interesting...

thanks for the input...

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    MR.D

I am a leader of many so i thank u for dis here
    glad u post it so i can tell it all.......:D

5. dnommo

United States
    Ratings:
    +15
    thank you for responding...i am hoping others will visit and input...

6. BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE

BLAQ LOVE POURAHTREE Nefertum Husia Shayheh MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +112
    Are you a leader or are you a follower? Do you believe in today or have reasoning into tomorrow? Choice after choice after choice. Say why do we get appraised for the same job that we can do ourselves?? Touchy subject indeed looking from the objective side of the house. Now which house are we in? Is it the one with the new roof on priced at an affordable bentley plus two generations of funds? Or are we at the one needs a little fixing upward? Oh! Also there is one with no roof non-physical dwelling requiring a little bit more practice the unknown of reaching into yourself to find who is there. Hmmm. Knock knock. Who's there? No-thing. No-thing who? No-thing is you. No-thing is what?? The door opens but no-one is there though it is a beautiful day outside of your dwelling called the box. Geez golly go back inside. Who was that?? A job worth forty grand but you have to sign your name on the dotted line so i can stipend your allowance per two weeks. Are you interested?? The door opens. What is the requirement and job skill level? All you have to do is work for yourself, now do you know how?? Well, I kind of know and have a degree but-- Well tell you what I have position open for you starting at fourteen dollars an hour just typing and doing clerical work, plus answering my messages, cleaning up before leaving the office, providing me coffee and not to forget a yearly bonus up to seven hundred dollars, so you ready? Well I guess so but let me get dressed real fast and make a phone call to my family. Door closes back and you can hear the excitement of "I got a job better than the one before." And he's hearing it like yeap...just as I expected. She'll be a good clerk and follow whatever I say. I'm King! My company has policies and guidelines of when you can go home, take off for leave, contributing into my 401K, plus she gets a raise every year of about fifty cents, while I bank. I wonder if she has a brother too? Knock knock. Okay one moment sir. Oh take your time precious, say you wouldn't by any chance have a brother or another friend just like you? Females work so much better and stays with companies like a family. Well I do have a friend and she has a degree in Accounting. Accounting?!?!? Tell you what I'm taking the both of you sisters out to dinner tonight and welcome to our family at Brand New Inc. Wow!!! For real sir?!?!? Tell her she will receive the same amount of pay as you plus the benefits in all. Now yall sure yall can't work for yall selves? We working for you sir, let me call my friend she's nice too. (Two strong black women, I'm in now.) When your finished calling just follow me to the office and don't forget to tell your friend the directions. Here is my card and see you there. Yes Sir!!! Thank you!!! So much (and she runs to give him a hug though he is not amazed at all but rather expecting it.) It's alright now now get ready and I'll see ya there. Right behind you. Are you a leader??

(Diary of a Black Man: Just An Illusion) Copyright 2014