Black Spirituality Religion : Are You a Demon ?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Destee, Aug 18, 2008.

?

Are You a Demon ?

1. Yes

14.3%
  2. No

85.7%
  1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Peace and Blessings Family,

In all of my living, i have never heard anyone refer to their own selves, as a demon ... until recently.

One Man. One Person. In my whole life.

Now that this has happened, and i'm questioning it, i'm being given all of these definitions for demons, how it's really not a bad thing, all of that ... but i still only have one person that has ever admitted to being such.

With all of this defense of demons being presented, i'm thinking ... maybe i've just led a very sheltered life, and there are LOTS of folk who consider themselves demons ... it's just never come up in conversation ... (??)

So ... here's your chance ... if you consider your own self a demon (or would like to be one) ... please let us know.

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

2. s8ddha

s8ddha Member MEMBER

selfre-membering
    Ratings:
    +1
    i would say that i am, in that i've yet to get to the place of need over my wants; but i'm trying, and ever so slowly aware of 'a', and thus referencing 'daemon' - inner indefinite light.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    s8ddha ... Hello and Welcome ... :wave:

I don't believe i've ever posted to you before, though i've seen your name around and stuff.

Glad to have you with us, and thanks for letting me (us) know that you consider yourself to be a demon.

This is really interesting. You make me glad i asked / posted the question.

Please, make yourself at home, because you are!

Destee

4. rasembi aunk

rasembi aunk Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    The story of Lucifer falling from heaven is nothing more than high-vibratory energy being stepped down to solidify into tangible matter in order to form physical things ie; this earth and the humans in it. So yes, by default, we all are demonic in one way or another. This dense low-vibratory stuff that we call a body is the devil, metaphysically speaking. Now I did not do a full breakdown because I want you to think on this little bit for a while.

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother Rasembi Aunk ... i appreciate the information you've shared with me, and am considering it. From the conversations we've had (here in the community) about demons, there seems to be a few definitions.

You say we are all demons, but i'm really looking for those who claim the title for their own selves.

Based on your response, you consider your own self a demon, right? Okay. Thanks a Bunch!

I'm so glad i asked this question! Gosh ... you all never cease to amaze me!

I'm listening and trying to learn. Thanks for the information.

Destee

6. MysteryDoors

MysteryDoors Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    DEMON DAEMON DAIMON

DEMON, DAEMON AND DAIMON CAN MEAN GOOD OR EVIL.

IN CHRISTANITY THE WORD DEMON MEAN FALLEN ANGEL OR EVIL.

IN GREEK MYTHOLOGY THE WORDS DEMON, DAEMON OR DAIMON CAN MEAN GOOD OR EVIL.

Demon
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon
    In religion, folklore, and mythology a demon (or daemon, dæmon, daimon from Greek: δαίμων [ðaïmon]) is a supernatural being that is generally described as a malevolent spirit. In Christian terms demons are generally understood as fallen angels, formerly of God. A demon is frequently depicted as a force that may be conjured and insecurely controlled.

Daemon
    The words daemon, dæmon, are Latinized spellings of the Greek δαίμων (daimon), used purposely today to distinguish the daemons of Ancient Greek religion, good or malevolent "supernatural beings between mortals and gods, such as inferior divinities and ghosts of dead heroes" from the Judeo-Christian usage demon, a malignant spirit that can seduce, afflict, or possess humans.

Daimon
    http://www.pantheon.org/articles/d/daimon.html
    Daimon is the Greek derivative for the term demon. In this sense the term "demon" means "replete with knowledge." The ancient Greeks thought there were good and bad demons called 'eudemons' and 'cacodemons.' The term 'daimon' means "divine power," "fate" or "god." Daimons, in Greek mythology, included deified heroes. They were considered intermediary spirits between men and the gods. Good daimons were considered to be guardian spirits, giving guidance and protection to the ones they watched over. Bad daimons led people astray.

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother MysteryDoors ... thanks for the definitions.

Do you consider yourself one too ?

Destee

8. MysteryDoors

MysteryDoors Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    A DEMON IS BASED ON MYTHOLOGY IN WHICH IS NOT REAL. THEREFORE, I DO NOT TAKE MYTHOLOGY AS A PHYSICAL REALITY.

9. rasembi aunk

rasembi aunk Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    First you will have to empty your cup before you can peep and understand the science. We are all angels and demons, god and the devil energetically.
    You will have to rid yourself of the preconceived notions of what a demon is before you can truly understand. Without Lucifer falling and becoming Satan this physical world and YOU would not exist. God and devil just represents diametrically opposed energies pulling against each other causing friction. Without that friction the molecules couldn't sustain any physicality. If you really want to be technical it was the devil that designed this universe. God is just undifferentiated matter. God=spirit Devil=matter. It's the same, just different poles of energy.

Before the "fall" there was just plain undifferentiated(un-formed) energy. When Lucifer fell creation began. In Genesis, God says,"Let there be light"
    Who was he talking to? Lucifer, the LIGHT BRINGER. Of course this all just allegory describing the process of spirit to matter.

The Devil is that component of God that rebelled(for lack of a better term) against itself to create life.

10. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Sister Destee...in all respect...the brother did not say he was a "demon" but spoke of a "daemon". Others have attempted to explain the difference between a,

daemon, or
    demon

Please excuse me as I make an analogy. To the Christian many refer to even themselves as "Saints". Some refer to "Angels". Lucifer is referred to as a "fallen angel". This is metaphorical for one of two dialectical realities. Lucifer represents "Spirit descended in matter". Christ represents Matter ascended into Spirit. This is what gives rise to hierarchy as "angels" ascend or descend at different times.

According to the Secret Gospel of Jesus Christ there are several passages which speak of "lower and higher daemons". I have know this for a long time and am careful not to call "God" by certain names such as Jehovah or Yahweh.

So in answering your question NO I am not a "demon" because I am not a Spirit descended into matter. My birth name is Michael. in "christian" terms the Bible speaks to who I Am.

Peace

Users found this page by searching for:

1. daimon destee.com