The Front Porch : Are you a Christian? Or a follower of Christendom

My last post was 'great'?

cool, but for you to be focused on whether or not i have 'articulateness' according to YOU means nothing to me. Also, you have TOTALLY IGNORED MY DIRECT QUESTIONS TO YOU IN MY LAST POST!!

It's obvious i'm not a christian, so to post more scriptures is only self serving. I mean no disrespect either, but i do still want to know where you got your info. on Constantine and the Nicene council from because in your initial post your info. was incorrect!! That all....:)

Or am i being in-articulate again?
biblequery. org / history /church history
There are many but this one is easy to follow, the one that I use most as you can see, most are herky jerky and have no continuity. The coming of the Christ was forgleamed in the old Testament, Satan will Bruise Christ in the heal and Christ will Bruise Satan in the head. So one has a fatal wound and one dose not. To turn your back on the blood of the Lamb is unfortunate as his father sent him here to die for us hence the phrase Son of Man. A perfect Man for a perfect Mans sin Adam. Hence Ransom sacrifice, or Lamb of God.

Ephesians 2:1-7

Furthermore, [it is] YOU [God made alive] though YOU were dead in YOUR trespasses and sins, 2in which YOU at one time walked according to the system of things of this world, according to the ruler of the authority of the air, the spirit that now operates in the sons of disobedience. 3Yes, among them we all at one time conducted ourselves in harmony with the desires of our flesh, doing the things willed by the flesh and the thoughts, and we were naturally children of wrath even as the rest. 4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love with which he loved us, 5made us alive together with the Christ, even when we were dead in trespasses—by undeserved kindness YOU have been saved— 6and he raised us up together and seated us together in the heavenly places in union with Christ Jesus, 7that in the coming systems of things there might be demonstrated the surpassing riches of his undeserved kindness in his graciousness toward us in union with Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 11:1-3

Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld. 2For by means of this the men of old times had witness borne to them.
3By faith we perceive that the systems of things were put in order by God’s word, so that what is beheld has come to be out of things that do not appear.

Read on in Hebrews it says a lot.

You talk about Christ but how do you know about him? Muslims believe, Mormons believe, Buddhists believe, The Holy Scriptures are the word of God and not some fiction, if you don't believe in that then you can't believe in Christ as Scripture is how we come to know him. Many many faithful and discrete slaves died for the preservation of the Scriptures. you say you believe but you have no faith. You grind your heel into Christ's gift of life for all men, how sad and arrogant. Your articulacy is not my concern as I can understand you and what your driving at, you act odd and not very civil, so I'll take that as a personality flaw. If you want to interject humor or some other form of levity then take lessons as you come across angry. Any way you have what you asked for although I would suggest that you do your own research next time.

Contrary to its name, the creed now called the Nicene Creed was adopted not by the Council of Nicea (325), but by the second council, that of Constantinople (381). This Constantinopolitan Creed was probably based upon an earlier baptismal creed from Jerusalem or Antioch, which in turn was an expression of the original Nicene Creed, that adopted by the First Council of Nicea in 315. During the Middle Ages the Constantinopolitan Creed became known as the Nicene Creed, the name by which it is still known today.

:hello: John P Sorg ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

Thanks for joining us and sharing.

Please know that you are as welcome as any here, for you've joined us interacting respectfully, and i appreciate that.

If you must, please ignore those that act like bullies, like they run the playground, and want to make you not feel welcome ... for they are not representative of the whole and will be dealt with like the children they are acting like.

Please make yourself right at home, because you are.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee
Hello and thank you, Very interesting site! I hope that I can make full use of this format, I've been all over the world for the past 30yrs. (Government work). Scripture was the only thing that helped me keep some sort of sanity even though many have seen Sheol because of me, so It's comforting that Sin against the Holy Spirit is the only unforgivable sin, all others are forgivable, if you change your ways that is. Well I have said too much and I don't want any issues with my former bosses. Anyway that's me, Oh I was a lineman when I was in country, to many folks watching.

I am a "Christian"....Rather, considering the origins of that term, a better descriptive would be "Bible Believer" and a part of the "BODY OF CHRIST."

"Christendom" is more a legalistic term with root and ties to the Catholic Church.

As such, "Christendom" is more in the "natural realm," connected to rituals, traditions and customs of the Catholic Church, not to the "spiritual realm" and God's Word.

Through the legalism of the Catholic Church, followers of "Christendom" are bound by "creeds" and "obligations" set by Catholicism.

However, as a "Christian," I am bound by God's Holy Word.

As a "Christian," my only "creed" (through Faith) need be Matt.
[16] And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

John 20:
[28] And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

My only "obligations" need be His Commandments and His "Commission."

Matt. 22:
[36] Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
[37] Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
[38] This is the first and great commandment.
[39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Matt. 28:
[18] And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
[19] Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
[20] Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

1 Cor. 12:

[12] For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
[13] For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
[14] For the body is not one member, but many.
[27] Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular

Yes what a day that was during the day of Pentecost(festival of first fruits 33 C.E.) when Jews and Proselytes from all over the known world gathered for the celebration. The disciples that were touched with the Holy Spirit that enabled them to communicate with all in attendance. The Jews and Proselytes knew that those disciples did not know their language but yet spoke it. Thousands were converted that day any learned of the teachings of Christ, who then went back to their countries of origin to spread the good news of Jesus Christ, At that time the tongues ceased.

biblequery. org / history /church history
There are many but this one is easy to follow, the one that I use most as you can see, most are herky jerky and have no continuity. The coming of the Christ was forgleamed in the old Testament, Satan will Bruise Christ in the heal and Christ will Bruise Satan in the head. So one has a fatal wound and one dose not. To turn your back on the blood of the Lamb is unfortunate as his father sent him here to die for us hence the phrase Son of Man. A perfect Man for a perfect Mans sin Adam. Hence Ransom sacrifice, or Lamb of God.

Ephesians 2:1-7

Furthermore, [it is] YOU [God made alive] though YOU were dead in YOUR trespasses and sins, 2in which YOU at one time walked according to the system of things of this world, according to the ruler of the authority of the air, the spirit that now operates in the sons of disobedience. 3Yes, among them we all at one time conducted ourselves in harmony with the desires of our flesh, doing the things willed by the flesh and the thoughts, and we were naturally children of wrath even as the rest. 4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love with which he loved us, 5made us alive together with the Christ, even when we were dead in trespasses—by undeserved kindness YOU have been saved— 6and he raised us up together and seated us together in the heavenly places in union with Christ Jesus, 7that in the coming systems of things there might be demonstrated the surpassing riches of his undeserved kindness in his graciousness toward us in union with Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 11:1-3

Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld. 2For by means of this the men of old times had witness borne to them.
3By faith we perceive that the systems of things were put in order by God’s word, so that what is beheld has come to be out of things that do not appear.

Read on in Hebrews it says a lot.

Have you ever actually read the bible for yourself?

I find that most people who cut and paste scriptures from different sites, are the very one's who have never sat down and taken the time to read the book they profess is 'gods' word. :confused:

I grew up in the church, even though in my youngers years i was sleep in the back pugh somewhere waiting to hear "get right church and let's go home", but i can quote scriptures off the top of my head whenever i feel the need and i have read the bible for myself.

So, again have YOU?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back