The Front Porch : Are you a Christian? Or a follower of Christendom

john p sorg

Mar 20, 2012
Chicago
Occupation
retired lineman
I understand that you have done some research which I'm sure was painstaking but let me assure you that the whole dynamics of what you call Christianity is founded by men who knew NOT a Jesus or Paul. You wrote:

I really don't have to debate any further when using words like 'probably' because probably does not constitute fact.

I usually go into it but I guess I can stop right here.
I am in agreement with you and if you read the entire thread then you can see that my issue was with Mans doctrine and this doctrine was not of Christ. I really don't care about the Church councils as they were used to castigate & abdicate Jesus as the head of the congregation and give authority to men including the pope. More than likely, and I'm being generous with likely, Peter is not the first Pope and though the Bible never described Peters death The Church claims that he was Crucified upside down as he was not worthy to die like Jesus. Also if you read the thread then you can see that my issue with INFO, was the calling himself Christ, and being flippant, I know that you have nothing to do with that, but if you read the thread then you will see what I mean. seems that you have been on here a while so are there rules that are to be followed? It seems that the more honest one is about them selves then others have issues or pass judgement, so if you could, enlighten me.

Keita Kenyatta

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 7, 2004
I am in agreement with you and if you read the entire thread then you can see that my issue was with Mans doctrine and this doctrine was not of Christ. I really don't care about the Church councils as they were used to castigate & abdicate Jesus as the head of the congregation and give authority to men including the pope. More than likely, and I'm being generous with likely, Peter is not the first Pope and though the Bible never described Peters death The Church claims that he was Crucified upside down as he was not worthy to die like Jesus. Also if you read the thread then you can see that my issue with INFO, was the calling himself Christ, and being flippant, I know that you have nothing to do with that, but if you read the thread then you will see what I mean. seems that you have been on here a while so are there rules that are to be followed? It seems that the more honest one is about them selves then others have issues or pass judgement, so if you could, enlighten me.
I forgot to tell you that I am canadian by place of birth only. You got that French ish off with others but not me. Next time pick an Afrakan language...but I might surprise you there also. You really need to go back and find all my threads or post before you engage me again...because I was really being quite nice. You say that I don't know you but life is full of surprises isn't it???

!

SlickBeast

Sep 2, 2011
Down Under
Occupation
Programmer/Game developer
je vous remercie pour recette intérêts moi sembler à prendre s'ouvrir en haut une frelon nid : )
That's not French. You used an online translator. You should write, "nid de frelons", not "frelon nid" as the latter would appear when you directly translate "hornet nest" using one of those defective online translator..

john p sorg

Mar 20, 2012
Chicago
Occupation
retired lineman
That's not French. You used an online translator. You should write, "nid de frelons", not "frelon nid" as the latter would appear when you directly translate "hornet nest" using one of those defective online translator..

Actually I've been trying to learn with Rosetta Stone but am only in it about two weeks between wet work assignments, Just communications and security nothing bad. I had gotten tired of being in French country and not knowing more than rudimentary communication. So thanx for the critique these are things I value.

john p sorg

Mar 20, 2012
Chicago
Occupation
retired lineman
I forgot to tell you that I am canadian by place of birth only. You got that French ish off with others but not me. Next time pick an Afrakan language...but I might surprise you there also. You really need to go back and find all my threads or post before you engage me again...because I was really being quite nice. You say that I don't know you but life is full of surprises isn't it???

!
'Absolutely it is, and why did you come at me like you did kinda like some throw down challenge? If you were "being quite nice" then why did you engage in some sort of castigating rant? If I took it wrong then I'm sorry and apologize, but I don't know how else to take it especially when my initial comment was not directed at you. Oh and if you really want to know me, let me know. We could use some one who speaks common Somali. My son in law is Somalian but he is presently in Afghanistan on assignment and not available.

john p sorg

Mar 20, 2012
Chicago
Occupation
retired lineman
THE ante-Nicene Fathers were acknowledged to have been leading religious teachers in the early centuries after Christ's birth. What they taught is of interest.
Justin Martyr, who died about 165 C.E., called the prehuman Jesus a created angel who is "other than the God who made all things." He said that Jesus was inferior to God and "never did anything except what theCreator . . .willed him to do and say."
Irenaeus, who died about 200 C.E., said that the prehuman Jesus had a separate existence from God and was inferior to him. He showed that Jesus is not equal to the "One true and only God," who is "supreme over all, and besides whom there is no other."
Clement of Alexandria, who died about 215 C.E., called Jesus in his prehuman existence "a creature" but called God "the uncreated and imperishable and only true God." He said that the Son "is next to the only omnipotent Father" but not equal to him.
Tertullian, who died about 230 C.E., taught the supremacy of God. He observed: "The Father is different from the Son (another), as he is greater; as he who begets is different from him who is begotten; he who sends, different from him who is sent." He also said: "There was a time when the Son wasnot. . . .Before all things, God was alone."
Hippolytus, who died about 235 C.E., said that God is "the one God, the first and the only One, the Maker and Lord of all," who "had nothing co-eval [of equal age] withhim . . .But he was One, alone by himself; who, willing it, called into being what had no being before," such as the created prehuman Jesus.

Origen, who died about 250 C.E., said that "the Father and Son are twosubstances . . .two things as to their essence," and that "compared with the Father, [the Son] is a very small light."
Summing up the historical evidence, Alvan Lamson says in The Church of the First Three Centuries: "The modern popular doctrine of theTrinity . . . derives no support from the language of Justin [Martyr]: and this observation may be extended to all the ante-Nicene Fathers; that is, to all Christian writers for three centuries after the birth of Christ. It is true, they speak of the Father, Son,and . . .holy Spirit, but not as co-equal, not as one numerical essence, not as Three in One, in any sense now admitted by Trinitarians. The very reverse is the fact."
Thus, the testimony of the Bible and of history makes clear that the Trinity was unknown throughout Biblical times and for several centuries thereafter.

info-moetry

STAFF
STAFF
Dec 20, 2004
The rotten Apple
Occupation
A+ technician
THE ante-Nicene Fathers were acknowledged to have been leading religious teachers in the early centuries after Christ's birth. What they taught is of interest.
Justin Martyr, who died about 165 C.E., called the prehuman Jesus a created angel who is "other than the God who made all things." He said that Jesus was inferior to God and "never did anything except what theCreator . . .willed him to do and say."
Irenaeus, who died about 200 C.E., said that the prehuman Jesus had a separate existence from God and was inferior to him. He showed that Jesus is not equal to the "One true and only God," who is "supreme over all, and besides whom there is no other."
Clement of Alexandria, who died about 215 C.E., called Jesus in his prehuman existence "a creature" but called God "the uncreated and imperishable and only true God." He said that the Son "is next to the only omnipotent Father" but not equal to him.
Tertullian, who died about 230 C.E., taught the supremacy of God. He observed: "The Father is different from the Son (another), as he is greater; as he who begets is different from him who is begotten; he who sends, different from him who is sent." He also said: "There was a time when the Son wasnot. . . .Before all things, God was alone."
Hippolytus, who died about 235 C.E., said that God is "the one God, the first and the only One, the Maker and Lord of all," who "had nothing co-eval [of equal age] withhim . . .But he was One, alone by himself; who, willing it, called into being what had no being before," such as the created prehuman Jesus.

Origen, who died about 250 C.E., said that "the Father and Son are twosubstances . . .two things as to their essence," and that "compared with the Father, [the Son] is a very small light."
Summing up the historical evidence, Alvan Lamson says in The Church of the First Three Centuries: "The modern popular doctrine of theTrinity . . . derives no support from the language of Justin [Martyr]: and this observation may be extended to all the ante-Nicene Fathers; that is, to all Christian writers for three centuries after the birth of Christ. It is true, they speak of the Father, Son,and . . .holy Spirit, but not as co-equal, not as one numerical essence, not as Three in One, in any sense now admitted by Trinitarians. The very reverse is the fact."
Thus, the testimony of the Bible and of history makes clear that the Trinity was unknown throughout Biblical times and for several centuries thereafter.

Like so many before you speaking on 'christ' I have asked you for a picture, or at least a sculpture to no avail, yet you say i'm not 'christ' even though my picture is readily available. Even in my avatar! Do i not fit the description of him and how people received/thought of him according to the scriptures??

You, yourself have judged me more than once and we've only just met!

john p sorg

Mar 20, 2012
Chicago
Occupation
retired lineman
Like so many before you speaking on 'christ' I have asked you for a picture, or at least a sculpture to no avail, yet you say i'm not 'christ' even though my picture is readily available. Even in my avatar! Do i not fit the description of him and how people received/thought of him according to the scriptures??

You, yourself have judged me more than once and we've only just met!

john p sorg

Mar 20, 2012
Chicago
Occupation
retired lineman
Ok Info you are correct I don't know you and I do apologize for the misunderstanding, It is not for me to judge you nor you me. I don't know how to take your words as I've never come across any one like you. So that being said live a long and healthy life & peace be with you always.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

"And I'm feeling good."-Nina Simone
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Destee wrote on Charles Thompson's profile.
Hi Chuck ... is that you?!!! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ... :yaay: ... I sure hope so! I have thought of you often! If it is not you, sorry for writing on your profile page @Charles Thompson and Welcome! ... :wave:
Destee wrote on MANASIAC's profile.
WooooHoooo!!! ... :yaay: :yaay: :yaay: .... Welcome Home! ... :wave: ... :heart: