The Front Porch : Are you a Christian? Or a follower of Christendom

Discussion in 'The Front Porch' started by john p sorg, Mar 22, 2012.

1. john p sorg

john p sorg Active Member MEMBER

retired lineman
    Ratings:
    +1
    Now what I am doing I will still do, that I may cut off the pretext from those who are wanting a pretext for being found equal to us in the office of which they boast. 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing great if his ministers also keep transforming themselves into ministers of righteousness. But their end shall be according to their works.
    2nd Corinthians 11:12-15
    ‘This people honors me with their lips, yet their heart is far removed from me. 9 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach commands of men as doctrines.’”0 With that he called the crowd near and said to them: “Listen and get the sense of it: 11 Not what enters into [his] mouth defiles a man; but it is what proceeds out of [his] mouth that defiles a man.”
    12 Then the disciples came up and said to him: “Do you know that the Pharisees stumbled at hearing what you said?” 13 In reply he said: “Every plant that my heavenly Father did not plant will be uprooted. 14 LET them be. Blind guides is what they are. If, then, a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit.”
    Matthew 15:8-14
    Love never fails. But whether there are [gifts of] prophesying, they will be done away with; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will be done away with. 9 For we have partial knowledge and we prophesy partially; 10 but when that which is complete arrives, that which is partial will be done away with. 11 When I was a babe, I used to speak as a babe, to think as a babe, to reason as a babe; but now that I have become a man, I have done away with the [traits] of a babe. 12 For at present we see in hazy outline by means of a metal mirror, but then it will be face to face. At present I know partially, but then I shall know accurately even as I am accurately known. 13 Now, however, there remain faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
    1st Corinthians 13:8-13

Most of what we think of as truth, are Doctrines that were hatched by Roman Emperor Constantine around 315 A.D. during the conference of Nicaea. He returned to the church all property and coin that had been confiscated by the Empire. They were given high positions and were flooded with wealth as long as they capitulated their beliefs. This was the beginnings of the dark ages where owning a copy of the Bible was a death sentence, which made it easy to bring in Pagan beliefs that Christ predicted.

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Christian.

Peace In,

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    welcome to destee.com community
    welcome within do enjoy all we have to offer
    welcome to the house of love/peace and respect

4. ManicRaider

ManicRaider Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +166
    Hi there. No, I'm not a Christian.

5. john p sorg

retired lineman
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cool, neither is Mit Romney. I am though. There are may Gods out there to worship Celebrities, Money, Material possessions, Sex, Witchcraft, and the God of this world Satan.

6. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    LOL, did you just call satan god? You are of this world, no? So that would make satan your god!!

I guess i've made it obvious that i'm not a christian and never have been, but it doesn't mean that i'm not christ!! For i've existed long before you, the so called bible, or the one you call jesus. I am that i am and you will soon stop playing with my name!

You went from 'preaching' to politics without provocation...:eeek:

and the council of NICEA was at 323 & 325.. so you're just wrong all the way 'round!

7. john p sorg

retired lineman
    Ratings:
    +1
    315 A.D. Council of Neocaesarea. Much of the Nicean Creed was copied from this creed. May 20th to July 25th 325 A.D. Nicea I - Opposed Arians and created Nicean Creed 250-318 bishops out of 1,800 bishops in the world. Arians kicked out of Orthodox churches.

2nd Corinthians 4:4-6

among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through. 5 For we are preaching, not ourselves, but Christ Jesus as Lord, and ourselves as YOUR slaves for Jesus’ sake. 6For God is he who said: “Let the light shine out of darkness,” and he has shone on our hearts to illuminate [them] with the glorious knowledge of God by the face of Christ.

John 12:29-31

Hence the crowd that stood about and heard it began to say that it had thundered. Others began to say: “An angel has spoken to him.” 30 In answer Jesus said: “This voice has occurred, not for my sake, but for YOUR sakes. 31 Now there is a judging of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.

Revelation 16:13-14

And I saw three unclean inspired expressions [that looked] like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the wild beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and perform signs, and they go forth to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty.

Revelation 12:9-12

So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. 10 And I heard a loud voice in heaven say:
    “Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God! 11 And they conquered him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their witnessing, and they did not love their souls even in the face of death. 12 On this account be glad, YOU heavens and YOU who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to YOU, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time.”

I read maybe you should too!

8. john p sorg

retired lineman
    Ratings:
    +1

9. john p sorg

retired lineman
    Ratings:
    +1
    See responce on thread.

10. john p sorg

retired lineman
    Ratings:
    +1
    Oh and your diatribe is not very articulate, It seems that you feel that your words are sacrosanct. I think not!