Black Spirituality Religion : Are You a Child of Light or a Child of Darkness? Part 1

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Eccl 12vs13, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Eccl 12vs13

Eccl 12vs13 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +9
    This post, just as ALL of my posts, is for all those that believe in the true and living God, the one who became known as God the Father. This post is for those that believe the word's given to us in the pages of the bible (Gen. to Rev.), are the words of God (The Father) Himself, given to His Son, Jesus Christ (God the Son), written down by man, but inspired by the Holy Spirit.......just Holy Spirit!

I’m sure many people, in congregations all over the world, have heard their pastor or some other pastor say over and over again, “The Lord’s return will come as a thief in the night.”. While this is true, it should also be taught that this warning is NOT for everyone. This warning is reserved for the unrighteous, those without wisdom and understanding in God’s word. For them Jesus second return WILL come as a thief in the night.

Unfortunately, many pastors are teaching this to their own members and they too are lead to believe the day of the Lord, or Christ second coming, will come without warnings, signs or anything. Many saints believe Jesus second coming will be a ‘secret’. And because they have not been taught the truth and have been given no other scriptures to read, other that what the pastor reads to them, they sit back, do nothing, ignore the signs and the warnings and wait for Jesus ‘secret’ return. All of which are just the opposite of what Jesus tells us to do.

Now are the saints really supposed to be in the dark about Jesus return? Should Jesus return sneak up on the saints and take them by surprise, as it will for the unrighteous? Are we really supposed to just sit back, wait and do nothing?

God’s word says absolutely NOT!

Contrary to what many believe, God has given us many signs to let us know His arrival is near. As a matter of fact, God tells His true believers His second coming should NOT sneak up on them and overtake them as a thief. God calls those with knowledge and understanding, “…children of the light…”

And what does God call those without wisdom and understanding? He calls them, “…of the night….of darkness…” Let’s now read to confirm;

Children of Light or Darkness

I Thes 5
    2. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
    4. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
    5. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
    6. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

Paul tells us that Jesus return will come as a thief, but to whom? Jesus second coming will be a surprise to those that are of the night and in darkness. These are the ones that either ignored the true word of God or just did care about gaining wisdom or knowledge of God‘s word. These are the ones that were described as the following;

Luke 17
    [26] And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
    [27] They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
    [30] Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

Just as in the days of Noah, people will be having a good old time and not watching for the signs God will give to let them know His arrival is near.

Let’s look at what Jesus Himself said about His second coming and the warning He gives for not being observant;

Rev 3:3. Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

And here we have Jesus Himself telling us His second return should not to take us by surprise as a thief. But the key to that not happening is remembering what we have received and heard, to hold fast, repent and to WATCH!

So from the mouth of Paul and from Jesus Himself we are told the saints should not be in the dark concerning His second coming. If we remember what we have heard and hold fast to it and watch, His second coming will not come upon us as a thief.

Now what about those whose pastors did not give them any signs to look for? What about those pastors that did not give wisdom and understanding? For them, Jesus second return will be a total surprise! The saints without knowledge and wisdom will be just as surprised as the unrighteous! Let’s read just a few signs God has given us so that we will know Jesus second return cannot sneak upon us as a thief.

I pray you will continue this lesson by reading, "Are you a Child of Light or a Child of Darkness?" Parts 2 & 3.

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    so why didn't you put parts 1, 2, and 3 in one thread?

3. Eccl 12vs13

Ratings:
    +9
    I have found from being on other forums, people are turned off when they see a lot to read. If it's broken up most will read parts at a time.

I pray you read the entire lesson.

Peace in the name of Jesus.

4. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    What's the difference between light and darkness in YOUR own words?

5. Eccl 12vs13

Ratings:
    +9
    When referring to God's word, a child of light is one that not only understands the warnings given concerning the second coming of Christ, but will also do as instructed when they see the warnings. While a child of darkness is one that has either been taught said warnings and chose to ignore them, never bothered to read God's word for themsevles to learn of God's warning, or never knew of them at all!

Noah preached for over 100 years warning the people about the up coming flood.....Christ compares those without knowledge and understanding concerning His return to those during the days of Noah;

Luke 17
    [26] And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
    [27] They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
    [30] Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

If you are a child of light...you will be fully aware of the signs that will be happening before the return of Jesus. You will not only know what to look for, but you will also know what to do and WHEN to do it!

If you are a child of the dark, as many so called saints will be, you will be caught by surprise to the return of your savior. He will come as a thief in the night.

6. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    My question clearly asked for your own words and definition. The book you defer to contradicts itself on both definitions so u haven't done yourself any favor by using it to answer something so simple. ....

7. LMagere

LMagere Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +77
    I'm just curious how do you come to the conclusion that “The Lord’s return will come as a thief in the night” is a true, statement? The sources you site are from the bible which is clearly full of contradictions. So it is not surprising that Pastors using the bible as a source for knowledge would contradict themselves.

8. Eccl 12vs13

Ratings:
    +9
    I'm sorry....I forgot to begin my lessons with the following.....

This post, just as ALL of my posts, is for all those that believe in the true and living God, the one who became known as God the Father. This post is for those that believe the word's given to us in the pages of the bible (Gen. to Rev.), are the words of God (The Father) Himself, given to His Son, Jesus Christ (God the Son), written down by man, but inspired by the Holy Spirit.......just Holy Spirit!

With that said....if you are one that do not believe the words that are contained within the bible or the words of God the Father, or that they contain contradictions.....we really do not have anyhthing to talk about.

The posts are for those seeking knowledge and understanding concerning the words of God. It is for those that may have not been taught the truth in whatever church they were raised, or were not taught the truth by their teachers!

9. Eccl 12vs13

Ratings:
    +9

I'm sorry....I forgot to begin my lessons with the following.....

With that said....if you are one that do not believe the words that are contained within the bible or the words of God the Father, or that they contain contradictions.....we really do not have anyhthing to talk about.

The posts are for those seeking knowledge and understanding concerning the words of God. It is for those that may have not been taught the truth in whatever church they were raised, or were not taught the truth by their teachers!

10. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Then may I suggest thst u contain yourself and beliefs inside the Christian forum since u obviously don't want your beliefs challenged. This forum is for those with free and religious minds who don't mind debating to sharpen their minds on what they believe or claim tob know.

This is not the forum for you to preach at folk and only expect like minded individuals only to respond.