Black People : Are We?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nisa

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 25, 2004
MICHIGAN
Are we really proud of our masculinity/femininity

I ask this question because men are braiding their hair, piercing their ears.
Women cutting their hair lower than mens, stopping their menstrual cycles,and dressing in masculine ways.
Are we really embracing it? Tell me, I need to know. Why cant we be happy with the roles/gender The Almighty gave to us? Tell me, I need to know.

This is an interesting question Nisa. Gender roles in this country have been confused for a little while now. Dress & appearance could very well be a physical manifestation of this trend. I have neither braids nor piercings, although I do not consider certain braids (cornrows) to be feminine. I don't find women with short hair (buzz cuts) to be attractive though, as you stated, it looks to masculine. Maybe those who do dress in these ways can shed some lght for us!

fanyamambo said:
I have short hair. So did all my grandmother and my ancestors before her. Many traditional customs have men and women both with some form of ear piercing or ear extension. I don't know what roles the almighty gave us. Or which almighty we are speaking of anyway. Most of the laws of dressing I see now came on a ship with the "civilizers"
i like short hair.
it is clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back