Black People : Are We Too Sensitive / Emotional To Face What Ails Us?

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

It seems, as long as we are pointing the finger at racism, white supremacy, rich people, or someone else ... other than self ... we are strong and brave.

But when the finger gets pointed back at us ... self ... we get all sensitive and emotional.

We don't want to look at what we are doing, or not doing, so long as we can look at what someone else is doing or not doing.

Does it hurt us so bad, to look at our own selves ... our direct contribution to our current condition ... hurt so bad, that we can't do it?

I've heard folk say ... the rich Black people, like Oprah and Bill should be using their money to fix everything ... when in reality ... together, the "not rich" of us, have more money combined than all the Oprahs and Bills put together. It amazes me that one somebody, can say about another somebody, they should be spending their money doing such and such ... when the one speaking, is not spending their money doing the same such and such ... on the level they could.

How does one person get to speak on how another person should spend their money?

But we do it, we do it all the time, for it keeps us from having to look at how we spend our money ... which is the biggest money.

If one even speaks on how we ... i ... you ... spends your specific dollars ... there will be hell to pay.

Even though we know, spending our dollars with each other, is the only way ... we're still just too emotional / sensitive to talk about it ... because we fail in this arena ... and it's just so much easier to look at what someone else is doing or not doing, with their money.

Why are we like this?

Do you think we need to get over it?

How long will we get to be sensitive and emotional regarding issues that are killing us daily?

How long should we be able to cry about what someone else did to us, before assessing what we're doing to us?

Can we talk ... are we ready to face the brutal truth ... or do we want to continue blaming others?

:heart:

Destee

Of course nobody likes to be told their wrong...It's easier to point the finger than to take responsibility for your wrong.

As far as money:
I can't tell anyone how to spend their money, unless it was my husband or something and we had a joint bank account. But if they ask I will give them advice...but I still find it hard to tell anyone that. I don't want anyone to tell me how to spend my money...That to me is total different than someone telling me how to act.

Now as far as the rich black folks go...Whenever you got lots of money, like win the lotto or something, there is always someone in your ear who is trying to be your financial advisor. Everybody wants a piece o' the pie. Family members and friends out the wood work pop up telling someone to invest in their ideas or something. lol

The thought process is this, Why should I spend MY money, when I can spend yours?

We're humans and selfish ones at that...It takes a grown person to accept responsibility for themselves. And wise one to listen and accept criticism and not lash out.

How long should we be able to cry about what someone else did to us, before assessing what we're doing to us?
Immediately. Crying should only be for weddings, births, and deaths.

Of course nobody likes to be told their wrong...It's easier to point the finger than to take responsibility for your wrong.

As far as money:
I can't tell anyone how to spend their money, unless it was my husband or something and we had a joint bank account. But if they ask I will give them advice...but I still find it hard to tell anyone that. I don't want anyone to tell me how to spend my money...That to me is total different than someone telling me how to act.

Now as far as the rich black folks go...Whenever you got lots of money, like win the lotto or something, there is always someone in your ear who is trying to be your financial advisor. Everybody wants a piece o' the pie. Family members and friends out the wood work pop up telling someone to invest in their ideas or something. lol

The thought process is this, Why should I spend your money, when I can spend yours?

We're humans and selfish ones at that...It takes a grown person to accept responsibility for themselves. And wise one to listen and accept criticism and not lash out.

Immediately. Crying should only be for weddings, births, and deaths.

That's interesting Sister, that you're more accepting of folk telling you how to act, rather than telling you how to spend your money ... when they are both the same ... as spending money is an act, a choice, etc.

I'm not down for someone being all up in my purse either, but the acts we choose to make with the dollars we spend ... point to a very dismal and gloomy picture for us as a people collectively. With this being the case, doesn't there come a point when this topic can and must be responsibly broached?

If we're not willing to talk about how we collectively spend our money ... which is a whole bunch of individual behaviors ... how can we talk about the economic collective disparity on any level?

Do we need to be open to such discussions or are they forever sacred ground, never to be tread upon ... except when pointing to how others have impacted us negatively.

Money isn't the only thing we have trouble with talking about, but I think it's close to the top of the list.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

I wouldn't say all of us do it but most of us do and will display there sensitivity
and let there emotions get the best of them which flair up hate......

when i step in the community , i've learn to leave my emotions / sensitivity / personal
inner self out and come in naturally fair and constructive with and lovin heart and
positive mind even if i'm disapointed i still hold my head up high knowing i did my all.

when emotions and being sensitive come out, it will kill your drive to respond fairly
act in a manner of goodness and display your adult hood , you become combative
hateful destructional and often cussing .

Remember words are expressed and used in ways that we may not like but all the same harmless.

I think we should let it go slavery is our past.......we headed into our future
we should stop talking about the whites / other people and worry about us as a people
we need to let it go , everytime we talk about them it give them power and us weaker
we need to become stronger collectively to end lots of our daily issues , stand up !
and stop crying the blues it 2010

Until we can find unity beyond hate talk is dead, and no many are stuck in there ego's
some can't handle the truth yet because we are still so very much condition into a set way
and we will not see self in the mirror because we wake up to find someone to blame
but always when one points a finger remember two is pointed back !
we to divided still.

I care less how another spend there money , i have my own egg nest to worry about !

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back