Black People : Are we stressing too much?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Blackbird, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    I am a simple person and not able to connect many dots. So help me out please in simple layman terms....

Are we stressing too much about the economic situation of this country?

What does all this stuff mean for the average Black person with little already?

Blackbird

2. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    Personally, I don't see a reason to stress bro Blackbird. I just don't feel the need deep in my being to stress. My great granny once told me most blacks wasn't stressing during the Great Depression.

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    I don't think we really stressing it but it do raise big issues for many of us that have little
    but the economic budget not ours anyway to stress over , if we could find a way to
    circle our dollars within us we could be just find to live by
    this country is on a land slide with no change , the only change is within us if we learn
    to love each other it could and will bring relief.

4. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Perhaps its doesnt men much for the average black person who has little but it is of concern to the average Black person who is elderly, a homeowner and retirement saving that have declined over 20% or moe in the last year because of "illiquiity" in the financial markets. It mean alot to the Black business owner such as the black book store, the local mon and pop store, the soul food restaurant and the barber shop which has declining clientele and excalating rents and hige overhead and employeee benefit and insurance costs. Surely this is concern for the Black business owner who worked years as a community advocate for the local health clinic only to retire and establish a sole proprietorship that has escalating costs wiping out 36 years of personal savings and high credit ratings in the span of less than five years thus presenting evidence of disproportionate small biz failure rates with "black America".

Personally, I'm not stressing as nearly as the next person because I "divested" (sold off) my own assets before prices declined. But it was different just last month when I was on the fourth straight month with no employment and no place to stay.

5. LovesDestiny

LovesDestiny Well-Known Member MEMBER

Finance & Endless Possibilities
    Ratings:
    +18
    I just heard today that some of the Metro Bus Drivers here in my city are worried about the company being able to make payroll. Now, if they can't make payroll then there are no drivers. Without the drivers, there is no public transportation. Without public transportation, the people that rely on this as their source can't get to work. That's a whole separate problem. So now, we got the group of people who are out of work because businesses are going under and we have the group of people who have jobs but can't get to work because of lack of transportation.

That scenario is just an example of a "possible" result of the current state of the economy. But there are just certain things out of our control. And how can we stress over things that we can't control? All we can manage are the things within our circle of influence. Those are the things that should have our attention....just my opinion.

6. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Excellent points and perspective.

7. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Thanks everyone for your contribution...

What are possible interventions to this problem?

What can we do to mitigate serious domino-effect aftershocks?

Blackbird