Black People : Are We Sick?

Thank you Sekhemu. I am honored and humbled.

There are many Sisters and Brothers doing all kinds of wrong things. I'm sure we could each look in our own lives and find some wrong. It's just that Kobe, OJ, Jim Brown, etc., are in the public eye. Their wrong is there for all to see, but they don't begin to represent the thousands of us who are making poor decisions, primarily due to being African in a system of white supremacy. I don't disagree that the alleged acts are wrong, but the acts are not my focus. As long as we are oppressed, we will see things like this, and worse. If we begin to disown, divide, and separate ourselves from Sisters and Brothers that have committed some wrong act living under oppression ... there will be no Africans worthy of uniting with.

:heart:

Destee

Destee,
You are like countless Af-Am women, you keep on keeping on, you are at a place I have no intentions of returning. I had a wonderful and strong father, who worked and worked and worked and when the work was over he died; for his wife and kids. I have good, decent brothers who work and work and work for their wife and kids...

All I ask is that you consider this...I have no problem with those who marry outside of race, per se. I believe that love is love is love is love(.)

Just think about it. OJ left his black wife and family, to go out and have relations with someones teenage daughter--- no education, no seeming will, and he ended up having to take care of the whole family.... while his first kids and wife had to fight for every crumb.... and nobody said anything about him or to him. He was great, he was OJ! With all the sickness that came with it; orgies, having sex with men and women (white men and women)--- then it happened, and he was that **** Black OJ.... who we are still paying for his getting acquitted... and Blacks stood by him, supported him, literally had fights because of him, lost jobs b/c some felt that BLACK OJ HAD DID SOMETHING TO THEM, AND ALL BLACKS HAD TO PAY!!!

Look at Kobe. He is sad(.) He married a stripper/prostitute... a white, stripper/prostitute....Brandy wasn't good enough, that beautiful Black Woman who has been on the news and getting ready to graduate from law school wasn't okay--- and you know why, because they were Black.

This is not just on Black men, there are some Black women who are the same... but not too many... and in fact, to be fair, according to census reports it is actually up, to 91% of Blacks marrying other blacks, from 90%... again, not the ones who are truly in love---But the Sick... and I think that sick are a disgrace to their Mothers and Sisters...... at least Vanessa Williams was smart enough to recognize what she had done and ASKED for forgiveness...

Then we have the nerve to let ourselves be implicated in their own doings.... as if we are like them, and then we let Whites use it against us... and I know that some of our support is an understanding of history....everybody want somebody, anybody White... well, I don't.

Sekhemu:
You too. I respect and agree with what you say, but America is already polarizing over this, and we are already getting slighted because of what Kobe is accused of ....

Do you think that I want to focus on him? I will be made to focus on him, then again, wouldn't it be great if Black America says that that is his problem and move on... and where is his parents?

Happy your focus on the few misguided blacks that are, for lack of a better word.... socio-paths, is a little puzzling to me. We all know about the type of black man and woman you are writing about in this thread. You have indicated that 91% percent of us are marrying each other. So the math speaks for itself

You also mention that because of the OK aquittal in the first trial that black "ALL BLACK PEOPLE HAD TO PAY" all of us? If white people wanted to do anything to us, they wouldn't do it because of some poor so called white trash was the wife a former black pro athlete. And they sure as hell wouldn't let us know about it.. It would have been done covertly by an institution that has the means to carry out a project, and done over a long period of time. This is what we fail to understand. Our sickness is not in a few brothas and sistahs marrying outside the race ,but the threat of a few powerful white males meeting in boardrooms implementing domestic and foreign policy to stop the rise of a Messiah... for the last 45 to 50 years. Our sickness is in being distracted by things that have no bearing in the overall health, struggle and liberation of our people, here and abroad. So if Kobe and OJ, like white women, let them have their party, the struggle must go on.

happy69 ... with all due respect, you could not have been where i am, for if you were you'd never leave, let alone talk of not returning. It is a beautiful place. Yes, i must keep on keeping on. As long as my people are suffering, dying, and oppressed, i must continue. It's a compliment that you noticed. Thank you Sister.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back