Black People : Are we regressing? Black people and skin lightening in 2016

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by nilevalley, May 10, 2016.

1. nilevalley

nilevalley going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +93
    It's 2016. 50 years after Malcolm X and the beginnings of the "Black Pride Movement" millions of words have been written on our journey through slavery and the Jim Crow era. Brilliant black social activists and Black psychologists and psychiatrists have dedicated their time to explain to us the origins
    of those inferiority feelings when we stand in front of our mirrors and scowl at our dark skin covering,wide noses and thick lips and frown at our hair after it is washed and goes into tight
    kinky curl instead of falling long and straight like white men hair.

All of the books, lectures and speeches and 50 years after the Black Pride movement, Have we really changed? why do have famous people like Lil Kim bleach their skin until it's white and why are everyday black people like the
    young brother in this video, giving instructions on how to "lighten" your dark skin? This video by the way has over 200,000 views.

Is there any hope for us? Will it get better or become much worse? what will become of black Americans? :what:

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  2. Hermetic

Hermetic going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +233
    I think it will become much worse before it gets better. It seems many of our people are racing to the bottom, embracing ignorance and self-annihilation.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • True True x 1
    • List
  3. nilevalley

United States
    Ratings:
    +93
    This video just stirs up memories from my childhood and time when colorism was just simply rampant.It did have a negative on me too. When I was nine I snuck a jar of bleaching home. I had it concealed inside a Sunday newspaper
    I was sent to pick up from the corner drug-store. I remember seeing this brand of skin lighting cream in ad
    inside of Ebony magazine. I wanted to look like the model I wanted her near white skin. I felt life would be easier for
    me and I would be loved and accepted.
    Amazing after all these years to see a video of a young black man instructing other black people on how to lighten their skin.
    Nothing seems to change does it? I wonder how many young african-american children saw this clip and did just as I did decades ago
    go out and buy a bleaching agent and try to alter their skin hue?
    When will it end? I just don't know. I get the feeling if this doesn't end, In a few hundred years blacks won't exist the way we appear today in 2016. All dark skin will be gone,a prototype of black will have arisen.

4. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    I think the longer we live in this land that has choked the life out of our culture, and has eradicated our knowledge of self; the worst we get. In any multicultural society, symbol imperialism is what confront blacks the most.

https://mindtogrind.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/the-war-between-knowledge-of-self-black-self-hate/

Peace!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love It Love It x 1
    • List
  5. nilevalley

United States
    Ratings:
    +93
  6. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    No problem sista.....:cool:

Peace!

7. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Behavioral modification experiments come in different forms.

When people, especially young people, are bombarded with systematically created imagery and ideas within all forms of media (television, radio, internet, movies, magazines, government backed groups posing as ordinary people, etc) the deception leaves people desperate to survive in the confusion.

With a natural creature that attempts to hide or blend in, they can use their environment to mask their existence or camouflage themselves temporarily.

In the case of the human cosmonaut, our journey takes us through the environments that will either break us or make us stronger.

Can we adapt to the conditions or do we adopt the conditions?

This land is used for major experiments physical, mental, and physiological.

They do studies on how these populations react and respond to various stimuli, whether it be a major news event or an established (created) celebrity. Indeed, all of the celebrities that are seen have been created by the same ones doing these behavioral modification experiments.

Slowly, the attempt will be "world wide" modification experiments by way of the new technology being supplied to the unsuspecting.

Virtual reality is around the corner, but many in the current "reality" have yet to get a handle of this one.
    Can we imagine the mental ailments that would present themselves when it is implemented in full?

Virtual reality documentary Nomads arrives on Gear VR
    May 11, 2016

upload_2016-5-11_15-57-31.png

Oculus VR wants you to know that virtual reality can be a medium for serious film and documentaries, and it's first high-profile project, Nomads, is ready for public viewing on the Gear VR. Created by Félix Lajeunesse and Paul Raphaël, the duo behind Montreal-based VR studio Felix & Paul,Nomads takes you to three distinct parts of the planet to embed viewers in the fabric of a foreign lifestyle. You can explore the Mongolian steppes with a group of yak herders, visit the Maasai tribe in Kenya, and travel the Malay Archipelago with Borneo's Bajau tribe.

Read more
    http://www.theverge.com/2016/5/11/11657358/oculus-gear-vr-nomads-documentary-felix-and-paul-studios

Stay woke

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blacks are regressing

2. blacks are regressing 2016