Black People : Are we really rewarding the wrong people?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Knowledge Seed, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
  2. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    With all due respect. How dare you? This woman has a grotesque language and it's incredibly hateful. More important than anything is our African children. I only watched a minute but I am so shocked that you would boon a hateful woman that--oh gosh! How dare you?

[Heck, I even posted this comment on Youtube. What a terrible, terrible video to present of us.]

3. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    I saw this video before and couldnt even get past the first two minutes she has a worse mouth than a drunken sailor and I can make exchanges with the best of them but she even got me beat. I cant listen to her. She can sound intelligent and make people listen without all that yangyang...

4. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    We're dealing with the horrors of our experience.. digging through blood and bones looking for ourselves and some way forward.. We cannot afford to be so easily offended.. There was nothing vulgar or hateful about what she said. She uses the F word.. and MF word.. and some other so-called curses, but what really is so offensive about those words? When did you all become so puritanical? And, realtalk, I can dig back in this site and pull up passages from both you that are actually offensive and vulgar (as opposed to symbolically).. The talk of "offing/murdering" black folks who don't go along with your program [each1teach1] springs to mind as particularly vulgar.. And the relentless character assasination of black folks working on our behalf [ABSinglings] also springs to mind.

Since you fine ladies and gentlemen couldn't get through it, let me tell you what she said in softer tones that won't ruffle your fragile feathers...

She said: She thinks it's wrong to reward irresponsible behavior. She used two examples.. 1st one was a young single woman with a baby versus a young single woman in college. She says the woman in college is the one that deserves support. And she's angry that the ones with the babies are rewarded for having laid down and spread their legs.. and are given free food, free money, free housing. She says, she believes this encourages young ladies to have babies early and with no support from the father.

She then goes on to give a second example where she uses two young men.. her own cousins.. she explains that one was in jail and the other was in college.. and the family gave all of their attention and resources to the one in Jail.. putting money on his books, paying for lawyers, etc... while the young man in college eventually had to drop out for lack of financial support from his family. And that's basically all she said. And she reitterated it from many different angles and she personalized it by placing her own daughters in a hypothetical situation and explaining that she does not want to be burdened as an acting "baby-daddy" to her daughters would-be child, if she got pregnant. She says in essence, "if you're grown enough to lay down and make this child, you better be grown enough to take care of it." She also makes the point about the government rewarding irresponsible behavior in the black community by recalling her own experience coming of age. She says, many of her friends had babies early and got 'everything' paid for, while she had to struggle on her own simply because she was doing the right thing.

She says, she's not saying that people that need help shouldn't get it but she's displeased with the current system. She thinks that the fathers and mothers of those children should be held 100% accountable to the care and feeding of those children. And this is a very black sentiment.. nothing new here.. I agree with her completely but I would add a couple of more pieces to it.. pieces that would make her seem like an angel.

We cannot sleep on the role the Government plays in the destabilization of the black family.. and of black social culture. so, when you gentle souls get your fragile sensibilities straightened out again, how about responding to what she said, instead of how she said it.

-Peace peace..

5. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    With due respect, I do not consider my discussions as 'assassination attempts.' It's true that I speak on the character of 'frauds' but it's also true that I call a "fraud" a "fraud." Dr. Clarke had once remarked that people were 'perpetrating a fraud' so I follow in my ancestor's footstep.

Though, I thank you for the translation.

Still, there are words in the English language that I can not long tolerate. For instance, the n-word still makes me shudder.

As to what the woman says--according to you--I stand by my earlier comment. It is hateful and ignorant. The woman with the baby is more important than the woman in college; for the simple reason that a baby is more important than an adult. And if analysis (which I stand by we need less of) were deeper--we would realize that college more facilitates the White Power Structure than keeping our children alive.

As to what you say the second example is. Again, getting a child out of jail is more important than maintaining a child in college. The child in jail is being exploited and RAPED. The child in college wills to exploit and rape. And importantly, jail time ends. What should happen afterward? Should a person in jail know a community awaits him or rot for nothing and believe himself hated?

The woman clearly finds college so amazing, but what has it done for her (if she went?) She has terrible grammar, manners, language, and maybe she has a car and money, but what good does she do for the race? For crying out loud, she holds a degree over a child.

As to the issue of the Government's role--it's not the best analytically. College services the Government. Why would anyone argue for the encouragement of college if college is a main instrument of government dominion?

6. SlickBeast

SlickBeast Well-Known Member MEMBER

Australia
    Programmer/Game developer
    Ratings:
    +361
    Man, what a dirty mouth. A bad role model. She's trying to deliver a serious message (one I actually I agree with) but messed up the delivery with all those eff words. She wouldn't last one second on Destee's forum.

7. rapunzal24

rapunzal24 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    Well SlickBeast, maybe she would. Sometimes you speak differently when you are talking to your own people than when you are around white people. I do it, work environment is seperate from home environment. Maybe she felt like she was talking to her people and she felt comfortable with it. That being said, if she ever arrived at Destee and learned the rules and boundaries, who's to say that she couldn't conduct herself according to the rules? Youtube may just be an outlet for her, to voice her opinions in a way she feels comfortable with.

8. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    Peace Rapunzal24,

we almost said the same thing at the same time.. I'm glad I checked again before posting. People use different speech for different circumstances. I heard everything she said.. and I think she delivered it perfectly.. meaning.. exactly to the effect that she desired. Her outrage is expressed in her tone.. he volume.. her vocabulary.. her physical expression and.. most importantly.. through her thesis. It all fit perfectly together.. not a single word or gesture is out of place.. and thats how you know she's being not just honest, but real.. down to earth.. theory applied to real life. And I can respect that much more than some of these detached cold-blooded, cold-hearted diatribes you see on this board.

9. SlickBeast

SlickBeast Well-Known Member MEMBER

Australia
    Programmer/Game developer
    Ratings:
    +361
    If don't know what you mean by her "people"; maybe you mean African-Americans and not Africans world wide. I've never seen Africans from Africa talking like this. Most that I've met hardly ever utter a swear word and relative to me they are like saints. I'm not saying I don't swear (I'll swear when occasion demands it), but punctuating a sentence with an eff word or "b**ch" cannot be considered normal in any society, especially for a female.

10. rapunzal24

rapunzal24 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    I understand where you are coming from but let me tell you where I am coming from. I guess I do mean African-Americans, since that is what you consider people in the U.S. ( I am just assuming this, because I am sure that you know that this woman is from the U.S.) I know many Africans that attend the same school that I attend, and they can get down and dirty in the english language when they want to, if they feel comfortable to. Let me correct that, I won't say many, that is a misconception on my part. I know 8 and they all, and this is not a misconception on my part, can use the lingo very well when they want to. All societies have swear words, I have been to many countries and you know the first thing they taught me...the swear words. That is Italy, Greece, Malta, U.A.E. Croatia, Turkey, and France, London, Scotland, Ireland. I am not saying that this is all they offer, but swear words ain't new to them. Maybe to you a woman saying these things is less than desirable, and if a man says it...it is not desirable, but you are able to understand it. I do find it odd that you put in the last part that it is not normal especially for a female. Not odd, but in tune with society. Where I am from, the Southside of Chicago, the murder capital.....(I think it was last year), how she speaks ain't nothing new to me.
    Ain't nothing wrong with wanting our people to hold an intelligent conversation, but when we are speaking to each other, there has to be some room. You can't tell me that she was talking to white people. My mother raised me not to talk like that, but you know what...you get me going and I might slip up, I feel like she was just speaking her truth, and she was talking to the people who were responding to her.
    Maybe to you it is not considered normal, and it is not considered normal to me, but I won't knock anyone for it. I know too many people who end their sentences like that, and they are the best people in the world to me. I know that they love and care for me....things just happen like that sometimes, people are people, and we can not all be put inside of a box.