Black People : Are we REALLY listening to Fuller and Welsing?

Nia (where is the fire, the fire in my people?)

You must all forgive my absence, though I doubt it was strongly felt. I can see that this thread has been busy as can be. Remember that I am not situated in the United Snakes, therefore the timezone here is different than yours.

I begin.

Kemetkind wrote:
Interesting. Why only mixed and Afrikan? Why not white?
I believe it was posed in another thread that biracials will refer to themselves as black sometimes, sometimes mixed, but they never claim "white."

Here in Norway, when asked that question by caucasians and by others of color, I always answer the same. Because there is no -need- for me to claim/represent or ID as white. It is as clear as day that I am mixed (of caucasian and afrikan origin). I live in Norway, I speak Norwegian, I dress like them, talk like them and go to their schools. I know the history of their country, their leaders, writers and politicians. I grew up with them on TV, I saw them in books. There is no -need- for the white side of me to be represented, it is evident for anyone to see.

However, where is the afrikan in me? Other than in my complexion and my features (which they would have me bleach, cut or hide away)? I do not speak my peoples language (Igbo), I do not live with them, NO ONE teaches me my history, NO ONE shows me our proud leaders, NO.ONE will tell me of our struggle! I represent my afrikan heritage, lest I forget it. For they would love for me to forget it, and blend in properly with my "adorable curls and cinnamon/chocolate/caramel skin" in the whiteness.

I cannot identify as white. There is no way that my heritage will allow me to do so. I can acknowledge that I am of mixed origin. But when I look at my histories (caucasian and afrikan) I see nothing to be proud of in the white man (or, at least, so little). But upon looking at my peoples history, I see that we are a glorious people. They are -my- people, because they represent a lot of what I believe in. There is much shame in the caucasian mans history, and I carry this shame with my skin. But I am blessed with part darkness, a darkness I carry with pride.

The question was personal, so I addressed it as such. But I am sure there is some objective material that can be applied elsewhere.

Kemetkind wrote:
Sure, historically they have formed a buffer class against us, but why can't some of them form a buffer class FOR us?

Why can't we be a "buffer class" WITH you?! Brother, would you have us as tools? -For- you? That does not promote equality. This is why we suffer so much in South Afrika/Mzanzi now! Do you not see the folly of our kind? In Mzanzi, those who are mixed are a class of their own, namely, coloreds. So there are three warring factions, whites, blacks and coloreds. All against eachother, with the whites on top puppeteering the two of them against eachother (similiar to Rwanda, where one class/ethnicity is given more power/jobs etc than the other, giving birth to conflicts).

Spicybrown wrote:
Maybe they don't WANT to embrace their whiteness. Well, I thought the issue with biracials was their loyalty to the Black cause. Why are you wondering why he is not embracing his white side?

It is natural for him to wonder, Sister. Not all are ready to accept us without prying deep into our motivation for doing so. Inquisitive minds are only a good thing. Also, it is not a matter of wanting to embrace, but being able, or choosing to. Some of us, at least here, do both. Myself, even, to a certain agree I embrace that I am part white (for I recognize where I am from, and do not hide it).

Blacklioness wrote:
You seem to think nonblack interest is often spurned by 'innocent' curiosity. However, there is nothing ever 'innocent' about aggression---including passive aggression
(...)The offspring of such relationships are typically used as part of the worldwide 'buffer class'......a fact that Destee herself acknowledged last eve in admitting that mixed races are used against us. If they are used against us, then what, by default, would that make them?
(...)
Now...let me ask you a few more things....if you believe what you've said....how does this lead you to perceive your nonblack/white parent? Is she or he 'the enemy' in your mind? Also, what is your aversion to the term 'black'? To me, Black and African are synonymous.

Not innoccent, Sister Blacklioness, but IGNORANT. When they do it, they don't see it as aggression, but they are drawn to us. This is ignorance, no matter which side initiates contact. As Destee points out later I believe, those of mixed origin are not the only ones used against us. If you will classify all who are being used against us as enemies, the no one will be our friends. The reason we are more prone to accepting the whites, is that they take us in, often without hesitating. They love us, the not-so-blacks-but-lighter-browns. They want us as their children, you have read Cress' book, you know what I'm saying. But you, the ones who brough us here! You will disown us? It is little wonder that many of us are consciously waging war against us (mixed against blacks), and forming alliances with whites.

My mother is, like most whites, a racist, sister Blacklioness. I will not even begin to explain what kind of emotions that invokes in me, for you cannot BEGIN to understand what this implies. Never. I love my mother. With a ma'at centered mentality, I honour my mothers conception of me regardless of what she does and is (almost), for she brought me here with the blessings of my creator. She is a failed person, living off of wellfare, a former chainsmoker and alcoholic, now a breast-cancer pasient reduced to a hypocondriac. She has called me the N word... She... She has done many things in the past that will remain undisclosed here. Yet, I love her. I know for a fact that she is a racist (even if she is in no way contributing to white supremacy the way she is now), although she speaks warmly of all those who are not white. My mother is the enemy insofar as she is white, but she is not aggressing towards any of us. It has taken me a great deal of time and energy to gain clarity in this issue. My mother is white, and not all whites are the enemy. It is imperative that we understand this.

I am not from BLACKIA, not even Ethiopia (the land of those burned skin/faces) I am from Afrika. I am not even close to black, I am brown. I am dark. When they write about me, they should write Nigerian-Norwegian, mixed or Afrikan-Norwegian, not black. For black is not a people, black is not my history, black is not a legacy, black is a colour, and I am so much more. Blacks live in USA, Afrikans live in Afrika. You have to be a ***** to be black, but you are a fool if you are afrikan. This is myth, of course, but seems to be the recurring stereotype.

Son of Ra wrote:
General Nelly Fuller instructs: pg 182 "In addition, as long as white supremacy exists, it is correct for white people and non-white people to avoid all contact with each other that does not help to eliminate racism and/or does not help to produce justice. Also, until racism is eliminated, there should be no contacts between white people and non-white people that include sexual intercourse, so-called homosexual (anti-sexual) intercourse, and/or sexual play"

Which is why I respect Brother Fuller so much. He writes so well. Examine my first post, and you will see an almost identical statement, just not as well articulated. May the ancestors bless him further in his struggle. Thank you, Son of Ra, you have contributed greatly to this thread, I hope you contribute just as much to the community out there. Imani.

Kemetkind wrote:
Sure, historically they have formed a buffer class against us, but why can't some of them form a buffer class FOR us?
(...)I don't condone interracial coupling for black people...I think it's genetic suicide

This is sad, indeed. Not wrong, but sad IMO. This denotes a kind wish for a racial purity. What of all the afro-cubanos, latin americans? This kind of statement shows that you think of them as lesser beings. You are entitled to having that oppinion, but I think it is a sad one. Genetic suicide... It is a strong sentiment. On the continent, that mentality is one of our biggest problems. The Ghaneans will not intermingle with the Gambians, the Eritreans not with the Ethiopians, the Cote'd'Ivorians not with the Zimbabweans.. All purists, for "we are better than them". I think we are blessing ourselves as long as we make sure White Supremacy is not proliferated, but obliterated from what we do, no matter who we do it with.

Blacklioness to Destee:
I REALLY would love to know, if you plan to embrace biracials as 'black' (which must mean 'ally' ---and forgive me if I've misinterpreted you) while simultaneously recognizing the doctrine of Welsing and Fuller, how will you carry that out without offending the nonblack heritage of such individuals?

Not that he is the best source to quote, but Immortal Technique has said: "Remember that I am just a man, don't follow me *****"

Although your statement was aimed at Sister Destee, I will answer (not for her). It is almost as if you are saying that me agreeing with Cress and Fuller is an oxymoron, since I am of mixed heritage. The nonblack heritage of any person of Afrikan heritage thoroughly offends itself, it is not we who believe, agree or trust Fuller and Cress' judgjement that do so (nor do we wish to do so). The Caucasian heritage does not need Fuller or Cress to offend, put it down or historically/pseudoscientifically insult it, it does it SO well on its own. By embracing one of mixed heritage, you are saying "I see a part of me in you, come, you are my brother/sister, for we share the same blood". Is this not kinship? Is this not what we should advocate towards all people on this earth that are good to us?

Blacklioness to Kemetkind
However, the reality remains....how are you going to convince biracials that their creation was an act of aggression (passive or active) of a nonblack (especially white) parent against a black one? How many of them are willing to really and truly understand the gravity of what that means....to understand your parent as the enemy?

This is the crux of the matter. You will most likely not find a white parent to an Afrikan child who is not contributing in some way to White Supremacy. Not many of the children will even consider that their parents are an enemy, the mere thought is absurd. Therefore, one should not be aiming at the children, but the parents. Teach the parents right, and the kids will learn. Simple. You cannot say to a white that "your people are mad, change your ways". One must approach with love and understanding, and most of all, respect. Respect those who are at fault, no matter how much they are at fault. For surely, if half of all the whites on the planet had known what goes on here (the White Supremacy system), they would revolt. This is a fact. They would be walking into their own genetic annhiliation, but you know how whites are... Apathetic to their own and others demise as long as they believe it to be for the right reasons.

~Ikoro

Ikoro said:
It's on.

Sister Destee, Blacklioness and others have written:

FIRST OF ALL:

You are new to intellectuals of my kind it seems. Wash your mouths if you respect me. Feel free to bring it to the table for discussion, but if not, use that word no longer! For it disrespects those who are not fullblooded afrikans. It is no better than the N word. If you use that word willingly towards me, all you will receive is my undaunted scorn and disdain!

The next post will be long.

~Ikoro

Brother Ikoro ... i really had no idea of the origin of the word, and i thank you for sharing this with us. I assure you that no one meant you any personal disrespect by using this word, as it is relatively common. You're the first person that i've ever met, that has voiced a complaint regarding the use of the word. I will keep this in mind in the future, as i'm sure many Members will, as none of us want to intentionally offend another.

What word(s) would you rather we use, when describing the offspring of IR?

Having said that, i don't agree that it is as offensive a word as the N word, at least not to me. Considering the entire english language is used as a weapon against us, for the most part, we simply must learn to avoid (and be aware of) these landmines whenever possible ... but we probably won't be able to stop the use of all the words that are offensive to one somebody or another.

That word is mentioned many times here, i do hope you don't let it get the best of you, and take them all personally.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Ikoro said:
For surely, if half of all the whites on the planet had known what goes on here (the White Supremacy system), they would revolt. This is a fact. They would be walking into their own genetic annhiliation, but you know how whites are... Apathetic to their own and others demise as long as they believe it to be for the right reasons.

Brother Ikoro ... are you saying that the vast majority of white people are not aware of white supremacy?

And tell me please ... what are the "right reasons" for inflicting so much demise / devastation?

:heart:

Destee

Ikoro said:
It's on.

Sister Destee, Blacklioness and others have written:

FIRST OF ALL:

You are new to intellectuals of my kind it seems. Wash your mouths if you respect me. Feel free to bring it to the table for discussion, but if not, use that word no longer! For it disrespects those who are not fullblooded afrikans. It is no better than the N word. If you use that word willingly towards me, all you will receive is my undaunted scorn and disdain!

The next post will be long.

~Ikoro

Mr. Ikoro you've seriously underestimated if you think you're dealing with "new" intellectuals on this issue.

You didn't post the full definition of mulatto because the rest of it describes exactly what you yourself have claimed to be...

mu‧lat‧to  /məˈlætoʊ, -ˈlɑtoʊ, myu-/ noun, plural -toes, adjective

1. the offspring of one white parent and one black parent: not in technical use.
2. a person whose ancestry is a mixture of Negro and Caucasian.
–adjective
3. of a light-brown color.

Many people tend to excuse the use of the.... M word (hahaha :p) that it is spanish in origin. But the spanish meaning of the word is something that is a cross between a horse and a mule.

People can use it as they see fit. But when speaking to me, they should not. Why give me a different name than you, Sister Destee?

Mixed is fine with me. Mixed origin, afrikan heritage, what-not.

Ah, please forgive me, don't jump on my back for what I said about whites and WS. I do believe that most of them must know (and fear addressing it) about WS subconsciously. They have this innate fear that they (again, subconsciously) act on.

Really, I think the difference between them and us is that we have given it a name. They have chosen to not bring it to light, since they all have it in common anyway.

Also, I apologize for what I wrote, I insulted us all. There must be a good 90% of all whites that wouldn't change squat if they knew about WS. Some would be confused and confounded, but I do believe that (with the right approach) many of the Caucasians would be appauled at the WS-system, and resist it to the best of their abilities.

Do you not agree? Or are you also of the oppinion that all Caucasians/white are enemies?

I think James from philly said that the white man is the problem, and the black man the solution. I don't agree fully with that. The White Supremacy System is the problem, and those who condone it and uphold it. That can be some of our own as well.

Take Bush for instance, Sister Destee. If it is in the name of fighting terrorism or his Caucasian designed religion, he will bomb a hospital, a village, a pre-school in Iraq. He will kill innocents in Afghanistan, he will ignore the innocent screams in Lebanon. That is a classical, standard white mentality. The french revolution, european history dating back to before medievil times, the slaughtering of the native americans and so on.. "I'm doing this for a greater good. A greater good that only I and people with the same creed as me perceive to be correct."

They're even messing with genes and molecules and black holes now in "the name of science", things that could potentially destroy us all in the blink of an eye.

I shudder.

~Ikoro

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back