Black Spirituality Religion : Are we living in Hell, but don't know it?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by thePreacher, Apr 15, 2012.

1. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    I started thinking about this about a week ago. There is so much wickedness in our world which is so widespread and commonly accepted. One theory which would answer everything, including why "God allows bad things to happen to good people" would be that Earth is really hell, and that all of us who think we are 'good' people are really demons in hell because of past bad karma. People suffer so much wickedness here on Earth because that is what happens to demons in hell. We are reaping what we sow.

I mean, think about it. In a world where some farmers are being paid subsidies not to plant, over 16000 African children die of malnutrition every day. "Good' people would not allow that to happen. But, demons? Well, they would be more focused on themselves, going to work every day, paying bills, and being too obsessed with "making a living" to lift a finger to prevent six million children a year from dying before their fifth birthday.

I began thinking about all the things I have done in my life which, honesty demands I admit, were not acts of love

And, I began thinking about when Jesus told his disciples that even John the Baptist -- the best among men --- would be the least in the kingdom of heaven [Matthew 11:11].

I thought about a period when I was in the hospital recovering from open heart surgery, when I could tell my oxygen was turned off, but could not convince any of my nurses to just take a few seconds to walk around my bed and check my oxygen tank. I couldn't do it because I had all kinds of tubes and wires hooked up to my body at the time. I lay there during that time thinking all I need is just one nurse who has any kind of compassion at all. Sadly, it took 2 or 3 days of shifts of nurses before I got one I had never had before who checked it. Sure enough, it was set to its lowest setting. I could have died for no reason other than several shifts of nurses [black as well as white] looked at me as something other than a fellow child of God worthy of love.

Yeah, that would be just normal behavior, to be expected, if we were living in hell, telling each other I'm blesst, when, in fact, we were demons suffering in hell for past bad karma.

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    some of us know it……..:SuN003:

3. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,900
    When you see things as heaven AND hell. This is what you get. Heaven and hell are just symbols of JOY and PAIN, of LIFE and DEATH. Good and Bad are human concepts NOT universal or cosmic. For instance water keeps us alive, but if you fall in some and can't swim, that same water thought to keep you alive will now kill you. I think it's more about understanding the polar/duality nature of the universe and the knowledge that ALL THINGS have positive/negative charges and negative not meaning bad, but as a sense of balance, to balance the positive energy.

I'm not too crazy about people suffering. And I don't see us as demons, to me the demonic nature of survival is more the enemy than we are. I think it boils down to ONE THING. People, the human being are so caught up in our own "thinking" we shun reality. We need to understand the dual nature of the universe, under/overstand that EVERYTHING IS ONE. There is no out there. So as above, so as below. Because of the dual/polar nature of the universe EVERY OBJECT has positive/negative charges, good/bad, Like fire can get you warm but also can burn and kill you. Everything meant to keep us alive can ultimately kill us also.

Heaven and hell are just human views for the characteristics of duality. The shock will come when they realize that the so-called "heaven and hell" are in reality the SAME PLACE.

If this can't explain the dual/polar state of things nothing else will

[​IMG]

The Human dual state is the "I vs ME". The I is I, The ME is what you see

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

Brother Istlota ... whether this is heaven, hell, or something in between ... it's all we have right now.

What ever it is, we've got to strive to do our best with it.

We've all acted less than loving, but the challenge is to do better, once we know better ... :wink:

If we could all just do that ... better once we know better ... this could feel like heaven.

Love You! :grouphug:

:heart:

Destee

5. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    No Exit is a 1944 existentialist French play by Jean-Paul Sartre. The original French title is Huis Clos, the French equivalent of the legal term in camera, referring to a private discussion behind closed doors; English translations have also been performed under the titles In Camera, No Way Out and Dead End. The play was first performed at the Théâtre du Vieux-Colombier in May 1944, just before the liberation of Paris in World War II.

It is a depiction of the afterlife in which three deceased characters are punished by being locked into a room together for eternity, and is the source of one of Sartre's most famous and most often misinterpreted quotations, l'enfer, c'est les autres ("Hell is other people"), usually taken to refer to people in general, but in the context of the play it becomes clear that it means that certain other people can be the most effective form of hell

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Exit

6. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    I like the graphic.

You are correct. The Original Truth is that there is only the One. Duality, polarity, are really just mortal misperceptions of the One. Heaven and hell, similarly, are just mortal misperceptions of the One Reality. Self-Realized beings see only the One.

But we earthbound souls are still in transition, still struggling with _knowing_ Self.

Unfortunately, just recognizing the wisdom in what you are saying does not convince _mind_ that good and bad are the same ... that heaven and hell are the same.

It is like the eastern doctrine of Maya. I reecognize the Truth in the fact that the Material world is really Maya/TheMatrix [not Reality, but rather a flawed perception of Reality rooted in ignorance]. But, then, I also recognize the Truth in the fact that the real I cannot be the body. Yet, even though I have recognized all this for years, if I cut my finger, it still hurts. Or, I should say, I perceive that I hurt. In my current stage of spiritual evolution, perception remains as real as the One.

It is sorta like Cypher expressed in the first Matrix movie:

"You know, I know this steak doesn't exist. I know that when I put it in my mouth, the Matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years, you know what I realize? Ignorance is bliss."

Which leads me back to the original question, put somewhat differently. What if we, what if I, what if all of us earthbound souls, even those of us who think we _Know_ Self, are, in fact, still in transition from the bottom of your graphic to the top? I personally have never meet someone who could completely separate the I from the body. I have yet been able to do it, even though I _get_ perfectly that that has to be the One Truth.

So, I am thinking, until we earth-bound souls become so enlightened that we can do as some Cambodian Buddhist monks did during the Vietnam war era --- when they could calmly, showing no signs of discomfort, set their bodies on fire and feel no pain ---

[​IMG]

Until we _Know_ Self that completely, we are, in fact, not yet sons of God and, hence, still sons of man suffering the hell of life on Earth, hopefully slowing learning, thru adversity, to _Know_ Self through and through, balls to bone. Until then, we can think we know Self as the One, someone can tell us as much, but until we know it, we remain here in this hell on Earth:

7. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,900

GREAT POST!!!!!!!!!!!!

My comments are mostly thinking aloud, they are not directed to you.

Yes good and bad from a human perspective, though I don't feel it's a universal measurement especially when it comes to survival. A little bunny rabbit runs a in field. An eagle comes to swoops it up for dinner. Bad for the rabbit/good for the eagle? No? Universe thrives off homeostasis, which is why I feel good and bad are human concepts. (Also humans must realize that on a cosmic scale we are minute, although we feel we are kings of the universe.
    The cycle and recycle of the universe will ensure in due time in 10,000 years or 100 million, there will be a new king of the universe. A king that will look at humans as nothing. Just as we view "earthworms".)

We have to under/overstand "poles". All things are on the same pole (or level).
    It took me along time to change my programmed thoughts so I could see, that hot and cold were the same. There are both measurements of temperature, just on different ends of the "pole". Wet and dry are the same because they are measurements of moisture. Both exist on the same plane just at different ends of the plane. The concept of heaven and hell therefore is no different.

It's almost like when someone asks when does the day start or where does it end. where something ends, something begins, while both "somethings" co-exist in the same time and space.

I can't say I disagree with what you say and how you present it.
    I'm totally in line with what you are saying. Like you said until we fully grasp this physical realm it will be hell but to me the "hell" is not here on earth per se, I think humans go out of their way to create their own little "hell". When we all should be living lives to the fullest and dying at old age from exhaustion from all the fun you had.

the cambodian buddhist monk showed what is possible that could be taken to another level without people having to set themselves on fire per se.

8. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    I do not remember the Matrix (beyond the bullet dodging), but the constant invocation of it makes it seem like a depressingly dull artifact.

Good and Bad are not one. In fact, "Good" is separate from "Bad." Why? Rape is universally bad. Anything describing otherwise is flawed in thought and unreliable. Needless then to say, if there is a universal bad then there is a universal good and both are apart from the other.

This expressed, it's clear that this thread depicts a loss from African people. So far posters have demonstrated that some among us are unable to delineate good from bad. That there is a confirmation of the beginning of the end. Especially as these posters are very intelligent!

Put clearly, "Good" tips the balance from "Bad," as in "Good" makes the Universe "Neutral." This is ancient wisdom. More obscurely summarized like so:

"Peace is the fruit of activity, not of sleep." Where "activity" is "Good actions" and "peace" is "neutrality."

This should make it clear then: We're on Earth and to find peace one must do against "bad" (more clearly written as "evil.") The afterlife duality should be neither here nor there, for that's seeking peace through "sleep."

HTP

9. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    then why do we need thermometers?:thinking:

10. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    There is no difference between 'good' & 'bad', there is only BALANCE. This is displayed thoroughly on the temple's and halls of higher learning. Even Heru battling against Set is a clear depiction of this. Thus the term SUN-SET, even though the sun is not moving as we've been taught, it only appears to be in motion because the earth is actually in motion though you can't feel it moving at the terrific speed on 1,037 1/3 mph on an axis of 33 1/3 degrees. Which should also tell us that there have never been 24 hours in a day. These are all illusions created by a people who in fact, are the biggest of all their illusions.

I remember the first time i met Master Naba and he taught a class in Harlem a couple of blocks over from temple #7 years ago and he touched on some of this. He even stated that he didn't know why so many of our people worry so much about what the white man is doing because he doesn't exist. He only exists in your mind because you need him to exist because we still believe in GOOD & EVIL/BAD & GOOD.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. earth is hell theory

2. are we living in hell

3. earth is really hell

4. theory that we are living in hell,
  5. what to do IT if we are living in hell,
  6. levels in heaven,
  7. theory is hell on earth