Black People : ARE WE IRREPLACEABLE?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Metaverse, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    How the Artificial Humanoid Will Change Humanity.

Beyonce told the Brotha- "everything you own in the box to the left" suggesting to him that he was that easy to replace. But ironically industry-wise she's replaceable too.

[​IMG]

Are we currently training, designing and programming the new life forms that will dominate the planet? Will the very computers that we use to network socially, become the virtual neurological databases for tomorrow's Humanoids/Androids?

Japan unveils ‘cybernetic human'
    March 16, 2009 at 10:39 AM EDT

TSUKUBA, Japan — A new walking, talking robot from Japan has a female face that can smile and has trimmed down to 43 kilograms to make a debut at a fashion show. But it still hasn't cleared safety standards required to share the catwalk with human models.

Developers at the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, a government-backed organization, said their “cybernetic human,” shown today, wasn't ready to help with daily chores or work side by side with people — as many hope robots will be able to do in the future.

“Technologically, it hasn't reached that level,” said Hirohisa Hirukawa, one of the robot's developers. “Even as a fashion model, people in the industry told us she was short and had a rather ordinary figure.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090316.wrobot0316/BNStory/Science/home

Life-like Walking Female Robot
    http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=12514210&ch=4226721&src=news

2. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    is

that a rhetorical question?

:?:

3. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Meet George Jetson

Not replaced but supplanted. . Oh yes, they even have robots that can make love to you

4. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Prior to the internet, computers, Obama, and the fact that major advancements in technology are not happening in America- like what we are seeing in Japan, China and India...prior to those realities- perhaps yes, the question would've been rhetorical Bro. Street.

I guess it's not something Black folks really think about because technology has never been able to surpass Human intelligence. That is true, at least not yet. But technology however has been able to surpass Human productivity. Meaning we could be replaced at the level of productivity, which has nothing to do with how "God conscious" we believe ourselves to be. It does mean however, that if we do not raise our consciousness faster as a collective of people, and not just individuals here and there raising their consciousness, then our collective productivity could easily be replaced. And many would argue with me that this is already the case.

How much do we think the world is willing to invest in a slave labor force? A force that would not be exposed to the reality of "inhumanity" because they are not human at all.

[​IMG]

Since the majority of our people work in customer service oriented jobs and manual labor jobs, what happens when such jobs are reduced because of more productive and less costly machines and robots? Not sci-fi, but reality, this is happening as we speak. I can already bet more than 75% of us use automated machines and devices that we almost cannot live without.

What would America do as it's welfare burden increases, and I'm not just talking about this so-called recession, I'm talking about the fact that this is it. The internet could be more to blame for the recession than a mortgage crisis, it happened back in 2000, because the internet had changed-almost overnight, how the world was doing business- and the middle men were being cut out of the loop. All of this was happening right under our noses. In fact, some of us still haven't realized the connection. But if we study places that are "virtually" unaffected by the recession we find that these countries are still "old fashion" when it comes to their economy and banking/mortgage ideals. There is less of a "automated" reality in such places.

As a student of metaphysics, I understand why automation would lead to financial ruin eventually for any economy. As the Elders would say to young parents worried about bringing a child into the world even though they are broke. Some wise Elders would say, every child brings money. Meaning we are all born into the world with the "energy" to generate the money our parents need and we need.

This is true for people in general. We bring that same energy to every place of employment. On a more social level it's because people attract people. So for example, that small McDonalds in your hood makes millions a year. Not just because of the food and the ads but because people attract people. Malls make money because people attract people. Now as we become more adapted to an automated world, by that law, isn't someone losing money? Certainly.

We are.

But this is in fact the world the system wants. A world of automated machines that don't cry about health insurance and human equality. A world controlled by servers instead of religions. A world that doesn't take off sick, doesn't need a raise or a bonus and is as loyal as the electricity it needs to perform.

Of course, these things are not a problem for a self sustaining race. Even if we controlled our own education we could be advanced enough to take on the challenges of this newly automated world. But this is not the case either. Our children can play the video games but they are not designing or programing them.

Some suggest this is a good thing, but again- it would depend on how self sustaining we are are a group. And I think we already know the answer to that one.

But they already showed us how it could happen.

5. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    as man's intelligence expands so will his ability to create artificial life on a scale that will make humans almost totally dependent upon them[don't believe me...when was the last time you actually turned on the tv without using the remote]see what i mean and that's miniscule compared to what's coming down the road in say[one hundred years]no i don't see computers taking on minds of their own but man will program them to think for themselves with one person on the switch and that will be the problem for mankind someday...anybody seen that remote??