Black People : Are we ignoring our most pressing issues? If so, Why?

Are we on a path to solve our most pressing issues within a reasonable amount of time?

• Yes, we are.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Our most pressing issues are not those listed in the OP, they are merely symptoms.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I am currently a member of two such organizations. One is a faith based while the other is secular and focused on mentoring boys and young men. Both have some level of effectiveness, but we are rowing against the current. Effective strategies in todays' environment must occur at a societal or cultural level. Individuals and local organizations cannot do enough to effect change unless the effort goes viral and starts to influence our culture, our way of life. It's time for a top-down strategy that seeks to influence our culture, our way of life, our values, and our perception of ourselves as a people.

IMO, this is the only way to outpace the trends and make community wide changes that specifically target improvement in those pressing issues mentioned in the OP.

This sounds nice in theory, but a top down organization would still rely on a network of individual smaller efforts to implement these changes. This is how non-profits typically form coalitions/drives to work on problems. In the end, it will still involve people supporting a local effort/organization of choice at a granular level.

This sounds nice in theory, but a top down organization would still rely on a network of individual smaller efforts to implement these changes. This is how non-profits typically form coalitions/drives to work on problems. In the end, it will still involve people supporting a local effort/organization of choice at a granular level.
Both of you are correct, but how many no profits are pimps? taking chedda fromthe gov to pay thier personal bills and not givnig a darn about the folks they serve?

Dr Adam Clayton Powell mentioned that darn near 60 years ago about HarYu Act, and folks getting 20 thousand dollar a year stipends from Washington and the state to keep the community disfunctional!

At a trillion dollars spent last year, we can fund anything! Ourselves!

Also there is not a problem, hell or devestation in one Black community that is not happening in evey Black community in this nation.

Folks make alot of plans but who is really now lets get serious, who in the hell is really polling the grassroots community regarding their pain their suffering and their concerns!

Brother you are correct. This is exactly what I was saying when I said:
So, what we would be doing is building a front group of celebraties, or otherwise influential people to articulate the goals and to promote the changes needed to bring about the measureable results and an action committee of professionals who are already doing it to actually help implement those changes. Sort of a two pronged approach. There are already a significant number of people that are out here doing great things but it is not enough without the face group who currently influence our culture.

The front group would be the marketing arm of the campaign. It would take that marketing arm to promote and effect change at the cultural level and the foot soldiers that are already out there doing great things and who will jump on the band wagon after being inspired by the celibrities who endorse the campaign. Then, instead of a bunch of little efforts that cannot get traction because they are fighting against the pop culture, it becomes a collective effort that inspire pride in a unified march towards a common objective.

You can email me at aol.com using this same screen name when you are ready and we can work on developing this from an idea into an institutional framework. My job consumes a lot of my time but i work for a program which has the type of board members and supporters rooted in the political leadership and entertainment industry locally here in Los Angeles and our program is expanding to an online program. It is taking longer than anticipated because revenue has declined and our costs have increased. If you email me with your contact info I can mail you some program material specifically our scholarship gala book so you can get a better idea what we are about.
I just sent you a text. Call, email, or text at your convienience.

uhm brother let spit out the bubble gum OK we know exactly how many folks are now in poverty and will be hurt when the so and so forth hits the fan and lets be clear we have been doing that this little group here and this little group there stuff since reconstruction and guess what, it aint working! A real national united effort is needed;

We have been told that by Marcus Garvey,
Leon Hansberry ,
Carlos Cooks,
Elijah Muhammed,
Malcolm X,
Ron Karenga,
Dr Claude Anderson,
Dr Clarke,
Dr Jawanzaa Kunjufu
Herman Furgeson
Dr Joy Degruy
and Dr Amos Wilson

doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is insanity

How many times have I told you about name dropping folks from the 60s and 70s. You present yourself as a stumbling block to every discussion but this has already started moving beyond you.

No one here is talking about doing the same thing as in the past and yes we will be expecting different results using a different strategy and different tactics.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back