Black People : Are we ignoring our most pressing issues? If so, Why?

Are we on a path to solve our most pressing issues within a reasonable amount of time?

• Yes, we are.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Our most pressing issues are not those listed in the OP, they are merely symptoms.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I hear where you are coming from and at the same time I also have my own opinion and perspective concerning my own needs as an individual and what is important for my own self improvement.

I came to the conclusion four years ago that this is not a political action forum. It is a place where I come to share ideas, express my opinion on various topics, and build with whoever I can build with.

Therefore, the topics I freely choose to discuss, rant, opine, etc. may not necessarily reflect by daily work as an educator. I am here on my down time. So, what topics you may view as irrelevant and unimportant only reflects your own opinion concerning what you view as imperative.

I do not discuss religious topics at work. That is why I come here because this is a discussion forum. As far as politics is concerned, I get enough of that at work. I hope you see what I am saying.

Likewise, I understand where you are coming from and at the same time, I see all things as a reflection of where our values are. I am not questioning nor judging the topics that you freely choose to discuss, rant, opine, etc as we all have a right to spend our down time how we choose. This forum is certainly one of many "down time" activities for me as well. But, as I look at our society and culture as a whole, IMO the reflection of where our collective values are demonstrates to me that we do not have enough collective focus on those things that contribute to our collective health and prosperity to counteract the negative trends that I see concerning the issues I mentioned in the OP. Therefore, I do predict that unless we take definative actions focused on improving those issues mentioned, those issues will get progressively worse. That is my belief and I am concerned about it for us as a collective people.

Likewise, I understand where you are coming from and at the same time, I see all things as a reflection of where our values are. I am not questioning nor judging the topics that you freely choose to discuss, rant, opine, etc as we all have a right to spend our down time how we choose. This forum is certainly one of many "down time" activities for me as well. But, as I look at our society and culture as a whole, IMO the reflection of where our collective values are demonstrates to me that we do not have enough collective focus on those things that contribute to our collective health and prosperity to counteract the negative trends that I see concerning the issues I mentioned in the OP. Therefore, I do predict that unless we take definative actions focused on improving those issues mentioned, those issues will get progressively worse. That is my belief and I am concerned about it for us as a collective people.
i agree.

peace!

Here's the Deal. I tried to create a new thread and for some reason it isn't working. This thread is the closest thread that I can say what needs to be said without corrupting the integrity of this thread.

# 1. There is no collective in America as far as our people coming together to do anything. Those days are over! Back in the day, almost every black person KNEW WITHOUT A DOUBT that white people were our enemy...not so today. If we look out at the world we will see that every nation or people are basically into their own physical, economic and national survival. This is where the world is right now.

#2. In all honesty, if Malcom X or Garvey were alive today, they would be killed with the quickness...and 9 times out of 10 our own people would be behind it in some form or fashion...as with Malcom and Garvey back then. Why? Because so many of our people have bought into the system. Back when Garvey and Malcom was alive there were only a few of us in the system per se. Now, black people got homes, benzes, flossin the bling bling, think that they got a good job and basically aren't trynna rock any boats that might find them in a lower position than they would want to be. Those of us with the money and the professional degrees have already said within themselves; "phuckee the hood and the N****ers in there.

#3. There is no push for us to control the education of our young, which means that they will continue to get the same ish that we got to a large degree. The position of the black church and mosque is that; "if you aren't a member of the congregation, later for you"...although we will witness some of them having food drives or whatever as a means to expand their flock or to overtly say; "see, we are doing something for the community".

#4. Economically we are tied into the same matrix that started all of this and even though we may personally or internally know that this ish got to go, we aren't going to do anything about it because any effect on them is also an effect on us....bottom line, we are scared to death.

#5. In order to do better one has to know better...in order to build something viable, what we have must be destroyed and we aren't down with that either. One could ask me, "where is the proof of what I'm saying"? My answer is before you everyday. If we aren't b**chin about the food that we eat, the water that we drink or the air that we breath, we ain't gonna raise no hell about nothing else!! If we aren't attempting to make our own well to do people accountable to us as a people then they are accountable to someone else.

Medicaid, food stamps, welfare, unemployment, the military, the police, the prison guards, the post office, bus drivers, train drivers, airport workers, political positions and more all fall under the GOVERNMENT and a lot of our people got those jobs. Are you getting the picture here? What I'm basically saying is that we are in a position where we may have to literally "let the dead bury the dead". You don't know who's on these boards, who's listening to your calls or even who is "watching you through your own darn T.V. if you have one of the newer models. If you have religious family members, they are even likely to turn you in thinking that they are doing the right thing.

Flava Flav can take that clock off because the time is over. There's going to be casualties but so be it....you can't save everyone. The masses are completely controlled and right now they are in search of the beacons of light that might possibly be able to throw a monkey wrench by way of information or knowledge to the masses. This is what is going on. They can now lock us up for being anti American, they are bringing the troops back and placing them in our communities. Government workers are developing a "it's us against the masses" mentality.

Here are two works that I advise everyone to read. Whatever perceptions you may have about religion, about kemet, about society, about men and women or about history....it will destroy it. "The Secret of Regeneration" and "The Great Law". Both works are by Prof. Hilton Hotema. Yes it will hurt you just as it hurt me and still is hurting me....and the reason that it hurt me is because "I keep trying to go against the wisdom stated in them". The author clearly lets you know that "if you have any intentions on trying to raise up the masses or teach people, that your fate will be one of death...all attested to by history". He lets you know that the best thing that you can do is to pack up your vineyard and retreat from the masses.

As I am going on a hiatus for a while, I just thought I'd leave everyone with something to go by. Our greatest deficit is not that we don't know our history. The greatest deficit that we have is that we don't know the history of white people!...as such, it leaves us on a wheel spinning around and around like the mouse that is never going to really catch the food that is spinning around with it. This is why we keep seeing the same post, the same questions, the same energies on these boards...a perpetual wheel spinning nowhere while draining the mental, spiritual and emotional energies that we best need for our own personal resurrection.

Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die...and at the same time, since no one has ever come back to let us know how it is in heaven or even if one actually exist, I personally think that we become foolish in many degrees to live our lives for the unknown instead of for what is known. Outside of that, I wish everyone a Happy New You!!!

P.S. Do not allow anyone to give you false hopes, illusions or dreams that go against your own common sense. What is that? Common sense says that we are all different on this planet as a group of people. The illusion is that we are all the same. People control is comprised of three things; schooling, religion and politics...and all of them are structural supports for the government...good or bad. Furthermore, if what we are doing is not aimed at the youth exclusively, we're missing the target.

Here's the Deal. I tried to create a new thread and for some reason it isn't working. This thread is the closest thread that I can say what needs to be said without corrupting the integrity of this thread.

# 1. There is no collective in America as far as our people coming together to do anything. Those days are over! Back in the day, almost every black person KNEW WITHOUT A DOUBT that white people were our enemy...not so today. If we look out at the world we will see that every nation or people are basically into their own physical, economic and national survival. This is where the world is right now.
As your post relates to the OP, it is my opinion that if we were to focus, as a community, on making measureable improvements in those areas that I mentioned as "pressing", we can make definative improvements in those areas regardless of rather we all are at the same level of consciousness or are in agreement on White people.

There are many many examples of improvements being made in those pressing issues without regard to what White people are or are not doing. Harlem Kids Zone, Bro. Geoffry Canada is a prime example of tremendous success in making such community based improvements touching these pressing areas. My point was/is that we do not have enough of these or other type efforts focused on improving those specific issues.

Based on your response, it seems nearly impossible to come to a consensus on all the things that effect our unity, therefore total unity on the level that you are talking may never occur. But, we definately still have a sense of community strong enough to tackle these specific pressing problems. If solving these problems were to become a community priority, we could have them solved within a generation.

"****** Are Scared of Revolution."
by BlackJesus13
*This poem is formatted after The Last Poets' "****** Are Scared of Revolution".

****** are scared
of truth.

****** are scared
of MSNBC and the vothing booth.

****** are scared
of chance.

Scared of cause.

****** will
sever ties with their children

Before they cut off the dyck in their own drawers.

****** get shape-ups
at the end of every week.

****** are bold
and never meek.

****** are indefferent
to the ills of the world

Because pleasure is all they seek.

****** love television
Oh how ****** love television

But they hate books.

****** never share a vision

But they love to look.

****** love to look
they love to leer.

****** always know
"where it's at"

But are never there.

Because ******...
are scared.

****** are stagnant.
****** are scared of results.

****** are homophobic
and scared of revolt.

****** are givers
****** are takers.

****** are motivated
money makers.

But ****** are scared
of revolution.

****** don't need
to be helped.

Because ****** are helpless.

And when it comes to making
these ******** rich,

****** are selfless.

Tell ****** about
the embetterment of our people

And ****** become selfish.

Because ****** are scared of revolution.

****** are scared of you
****** are scared of me.

Nigas are scared of anything
that they cannot touch or see.

Because ****** are scared
to believe.

****** misdirect energy
****** misdirect hate.

****** look every which way
but in the mirror at their own face.

Because ****** are fake.

****** pretend to be real
but are plastic at heart.

Cry wolf for revolution
but are too placid to start.

****** laugh.
****** cry.

****** claim no one gives them
a chance...

Yet they never seem to try.

****** are united
but easily divided.

Attempt to tell a ***** the truth
and a ***** will deny it.

Show a ***** authority
and a ***** will defy it.

Announce the wrong verdict
and a ***** will riot.

But mentiuon our liberation
and ***** gets quiet.

of liberation.

****** know nothing
but struggle.

To tell the truth, they enjoy it.

****** do a shitload of complaining
about a system full of injustices.

But aren't willing to do the things
necessary to destroy it.

of revolution.

But I love ******.

Despite all their faults
I love ******.

Because ****** and I
are one in the same.

Love to see ******
Trot down the aves.

And play hot potato
with the blame.

Love to see ****** smile
Love to see ****** cope.

Love to see ****** shoot the ****
when they high on dope.

But there is one thing about ******
that I do not love

****** are scared
of revolution...
http://www.gspoetry.com/******-are-scared-of-revolution-spokenword-poems-295736.html

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back